I thought this simple summary might be useful to any republicans still encumbered by a sense of loyalty to our president over loyalty to the ideals of the Consitution and the rule of law.
-This administration fabricated evidence to engage in a pre-determined illegal war of aggression, and repeatedly lied about both the evidence and its use of it. It attempted to stage a completely phony provocation in order to provide a justification to invade another country
-This administration has placed in key positions of power supporters of a foreign policy that advocates creating global domination of U.S. interests through military might, and has carried out war to effect that end
– This administration has used the most powerful and invasive tools at its disposal – from electronic surveillance to physical searches – to gather information on American citizens on American soil, all without warrants
– This administration has detained unidentified people – including American citizens – for nearly five years, some in undisclosed locations and all without objective third-party inspections, without charge and without access to legal counsel. This administration – including its highest law-enforcement officer – has condoned and used torture of all kinds on these detainees and others it has wrongly imprisoned throughout the world
– This administration has refused to recognize the authority of the Congress and the Constitution, and has openly stated its intention to continue its defiance of the written, well-established law of the land
– This administration has been the beneficiary of two elections decided under – at best – dubious circumstances
– This administration has openly declared its desire to invoke a military response to a potential outbreak of disease in this country
– This administration has pursued policies that benefit certain industries, while maintaining absolute secrecy and no accountability about the provenance of those policies
– This administration has actively supported the demonization of minority groups
– This administration has illegally spread propaganda in this country in order to further its political agenda
– This administration has threatened reporters and their sources with punishment if they should reveal information about illegal clandestine activities, by citing the need to protect the homeland
Cliff – Perhaps you’re thinking, “But they need to do this to keep us safe from terrorist, and liberals,” – if you think that, you might be misinformed about the basis for the formation of this country and the true beliefs of our founding fathers.
Fear kills us and others. – Cliff