Behavioral Clinics: Covered Under Your Plan?

Yeah, yeah …. It’s late and I’m tired. But this little ditty just made me smile/want to cry. I mean … come the freep on, McCainiacs!!!!

(CNN) — Bail was set at $50,000 Friday night for a GOP campaign worker who made up a story about being attacked by a man angered by a John McCain bumper sticker on her car.

Wake Up… Just in case you barfed or fell asleep before getting to the end:

Before the revelation that the report was false, McCain spokeswoman Jill Hazelbaker said that McCain and running mate Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin “spoke to the victim and her family after learning about the incident.”

Talk about trolling (or, better yet, bottom feeding) …. These idiots are taking the country back generations; better yet, they are just proving that America, for all its good, still lies in a cesspool of crap when it comes to race and basic human dignity.

Ah heck … let’s just whip up a race frenzy and elect John McCain because he is a white man. Sooner or later, after all, we’ll get used to the ice-queen.

Update:

1. #1 by Becky Stauffer on October 25, 2008 - 4:29 am

Right, the disturbing part is not so much this obviously troubled girl did this, but that sane people were so eager to believe her story. This will hopefully have the positive effect of making everyone more skeptical of future such racially-charged claims. The downside, of course, is that real victims of crime will also have their credibility scrutinized even more.

Just when we began to think racism was dying out, we find ourselves back in the mid-twentieth century. This is not a nice kind of deja vu.

2. #2 by James Farmer on October 25, 2008 - 10:05 am

Kinda reminds me of Tawana Brawley, except worse!

3. #3 by Richard Warnick on October 25, 2008 - 10:22 am

The McCain campaign actively promoted Todd’s false accusation, telling reporters a version of the story that wasn’t in the police report. It was a campaign spokesperson who told local TV reporters in Pittsburgh that the “B” supposedly scrawled on the face of a young McCain campaign worker was a reference to “Barack” Obama, angrily carved into her face with a knife by a black mugger because she was a McCain supporter.

Maybe she should have gone with the “O.” Would have been more credible, and she couldn’t have undermined her story by drawing a mirror image.

4. #4 by Cliff Lyon on October 25, 2008 - 10:26 am

Would it be inappropriate to point out the fact that Bob (gotcha) S., who passed this story straight through his bowels and into our faces has been silent his little indulgence with feces smearing?

Bob, your lack of integrity has not gone unnoticed.

Real American buddy.

5. #5 by Richard Warnick on October 25, 2008 - 10:31 am

Bob S. was also the first to concede that Todd’s story was suspicious.

I’m amazed to find out, after the fact, how hard the McCain campaign was peddling this to the media. A spokesman allegedly told reporters that the attacker said to Todd, “Oh you’re with McCain, you’re with the McCain campaign? I’m going to teach you a lesson.” Also a detail not in the police report.

6. #6 by Cliff Lyon on October 25, 2008 - 11:06 am

Richard,

I didn’t see where Bob S admitted he is a smear merchant for the racist right.

If he did, it was mousey cuz I looked and didn’t see it. Perhaps he will get some backbone and say it a little bit louder.

7. #7 by Richard Warnick on October 25, 2008 - 11:29 am

Cliff– Bob’s acknowledgment that Todd’s story might be a hoax came on the “Angry Right” thread, the morning after he first told us about the allegation.

It’s hard to believe “Angry Right” has been going for a week, 100 comments and counting. Maybe we made some people angry?

8. #8 by Bob S. on October 25, 2008 - 12:44 pm

Cliff,

I didn’t realize I had to post a mea culpa after posting that it might be a hoax. I guess I gave you too much credit to be able to read or see something covered by every media source in America.

I’ll do something that I’ve never seen you do. I made a mistake.

The story was a hoax and I posted it before confirmation. Satisfied?

I didn’t realize how deep the double standard was here at 1Utah. I’ll keep that in mind in the future. Conservatives, libertarians, etc have to admit when information turns out false, but liberals, democrats don’t.

9. #9 by Cliff Lyon on October 25, 2008 - 1:59 pm

Bob S,
    I didn’t really expect a mea culpa from you. Just the standard hypocrisy we got. You figured we could read the media ourselves, but thats not really the point.

I thought my post was pretty clear. You are part of a voluntary but orchestrated smear machine that has zero integrity.

You guys are so desperate to smear Obama, you are unable to see straight. Even C-Span took a second look. But not Bob S. Bob S took an impressive 6 seconds to post the story.

Thats very fast Bob. You must be a very expert fact checker.

10. #10 by jdberger on October 26, 2008 - 9:14 pm

Bob was the first to post that it was a hoax, Cliff. Relax. Give the guy some credit.

I don’t recall you retracting your assertion that half the US budget went to defense.

I don’t recall you owning up to your plagairism.

I don’t recall you apologizing for deliberately misrepresenting things, calling people racists and liars and making your own bigoted comments.

I’ve seen Jim own up to mistakes. I’ve seen Larry (yes, Jenkum Larry) apologize for bigotted comments – but never you, Cliff.

Glass houses, Cliff.