Alaska State Pastime: Hunting or Vote Rigging?

Serious problems with vote rigging in Alaska in 2004 (which favored Republicans) were never resolved. This time around the fix is in and puts the smell of rotten fish to shame. I understand Alaska had the largest delta in the country between pre-election polls and final results – as much as 10% in guess who’s race?

Think Republican, convicted felon, old and white. If you didn’t guess Ted Stevens, you are probably a life-long Republican.

Native Alaskan, Shannyn Moore is watching closely.

Four years ago, 313,592 out of 474,740 registered voters in Alaska participated in the election-a 66% turnout. Taking into account 49,000 outstanding ballots, on Tuesday 272,633 out of 495,731 registered Alaskans showed up at the polls; a turnout of 54.9%. That’s a decrease of more than 11% in voter turnout even though passions ran high for and against Barack Obama, as well as for and against Sarah Palin!
Do read the whole thing.

One has to wonder; if the Republicans stopped cheating completely — and they are VERY GOOD cheaters (liars too…oh yeah and criminals) — how many would be left? I mean really. They are already extinct in New England.

Picture Jason Chaffetz caucusing all by himself.

, ,

1. #1 by Obama the Richard [Okeldork] on November 12, 2008 - 6:42 pm

2. #2 by Cliff on November 12, 2008 - 7:09 pm

Yeeeehaaa! I believe that makes 58 Senate seats. We’re still in the running for a veto proof majority. MARXISM HERE WE COME!!!

3. #3 by Larry Bergan on November 12, 2008 - 7:09 pm

I went to the BradBlog to find the post about the 2004 Alaska election and this definitely goes under the “you can’t make this stuff up” category. The story from 2006, which ends with this summation, will make you laugh because it’s from another state:

So just to recap: First the voters of Alaska were not allowed to see their own voting data from the 2004 Election because it was the proprietary “company secret” property of Diebold. Then they would be allowed to see it as long as the state and Diebold could “manipulate the data” before releasing it. And now finally it’s determined that allowing the voters to see how they actually voted in the 2004 Election would be a “security risk” to the state of Alaska.

Don’t laugh too hard!

Utah’s situation is actually worse because it never even gets to the point where our election officials have to even make those kinds of comical excuses. The media always gives Diebold the last word here and nobody questions it. State archives requests here never happen, or are denied without fanfare. I know this because I filmed two state archives denials, thinking the media would probably not be there. I was right!

4. #4 by Larry Bergan on November 12, 2008 - 7:14 pm

Even Ted Stevens own pollster has been saying Ted will lose when ALL the votes are counted.

Hannity and the rest of the media shills appear to be mounting a campaign to paint the democrats as trying to “overturn the will of the voters” in Georgia and Minnesota. Great to see these thugs fighting for the scraps of the most honest election in years!

5. #5 by Ken on November 12, 2008 - 7:24 pm

Clif+f

So are you admitting your a Marxist or are you just being flippant? Plus if Democrats do get the 60 vote majority (assuming Stewart Smalley steals the election). get ready for the flood of the worst thought out legislation in the history of Congress. They may even manage to lower their already 9% approval rating.

6. #6 by Cliff Lyon on November 12, 2008 - 7:29 pm

Hell YES I’m a Marxist! Have you ever read the Manifesto. Pure genius!

Here’s my question to you. If you end up on the receiving end of my income, will you take it? Of course you will.

Under communism YOU WIN!

Plus communal dining is super fun. Seriously.

I never had so much fun as when I lived on a Kibbutz in Israel.

Keep in mind, Marxism never had a chance because it became a dictatorship.

This one will be a democracy as Karl (LOVE KARL) envisioned.

7. #7 by Larry Bergan on November 12, 2008 - 7:41 pm

More comedy, via BradBlog, from anti-voting integrity villain Linda Lamone:

Hey Ken! You’re into computer programming right? What do you think about being able to see source code in Utah’s voting system?

8. #8 by Cliff Lyon on November 12, 2008 - 8:02 pm

I’m in shock. TOP post it!

9. #9 by Becky Stauffer on November 13, 2008 - 5:35 am

This morning MSNBC is reporting that Stevens now trails by 800 votes with 30,000 more ballots to count.

But really, why does it take so long to count ballots in Alaska? The election has been over for a week. I think I could have single-handedly counted all those votes myself by now. The election process in Alaska is clearly screwed up.

10. #10 by Ken on November 13, 2008 - 3:12 pm

Cliff

You are only a Marxist were other peoples money is concerned. Where it comes to your own money you are pure capitalist.

Larry

Being an “Open Source” supporter I generally agree the code to voting machines should be public, but also knowing a few things about network security I could see how making the code public it could easily be exploited by hackers.

11. #11 by Larry Bergan on November 13, 2008 - 9:08 pm

Ken:

Thanks for responding. Don’t you think it would be better to just scrap these machines in favor of hand marked, hand counted ballots? I am saying this knowing the Democrats won big this time.

12. #12 by Cliff Lyon on November 13, 2008 - 9:33 pm

Why would you say that Ken? Are you projecting? I give away much more than your tithe (percentage wise, even on gross) I can assure you. Under Marxism, I would gladly give it ALL away TO YOU!

“To each according to his need.” I have no kids, but I would happily help you with yours. I prefer a world rich in good educated people. Can you see how that would make me happy?

I’m more interested however in your answer to Larry’s question.