Brooks on Jindal “A Disaster For The Republican Party

Blog pundits are comparing the Palin disaster with the Jindal choice. The incompetence of the current Republican party is astounding.

If they had a brain between them, they would be pushing Jon Huntsman Jr.

1. #1 by Richard Warnick on February 25, 2009 - 10:11 am

Didn’t everybody conclude that the Hurricane Katrina fiasco proves the federal government can’t do anything right? Or did it prove Republicans can’t?

BTW, I expect to have less time for blogging from now on. That whole “yes we can” thing has gotten to the Department of Agriculture and people are scrambling, even coming in at 5:30 am and working weekends. There’s a whole slew of programs that were blocked under the prior administration that now have a green light.

2. #2 by James Farmer on February 25, 2009 - 10:19 am

Well said!

The Republican Party has gone from the party of bad ideas, to the party of no ideas.

3. #3 by cav on February 25, 2009 - 10:26 am

But Farmer? “There’s a whole slew of programs, that were blocked under the prior adminsistation that now have a green light,” let me add: so as to further the ridiculous and criminal theft from the national treasury.

Somewhere in there is a “Good Idea”.

4. #4 by Becky on February 25, 2009 - 10:39 am

Dream ticket 2012: Jindal/Palin.

5. #5 by James Farmer on February 25, 2009 - 10:42 am

An even dreamier ticket: Palin/Jindal.

6. #6 by Richard Warnick on February 25, 2009 - 10:54 am

cav– No worries, the federal government will also be cutting the funds wasted on unnecessary wars and raising taxes on the rich. Actually, the Republicans will be raising taxes on the rich– it was their legislation that requires Bush’s tax cuts to expire January 1, 2011.

7. #7 by jdberger on February 25, 2009 - 1:38 pm

It was letting David Brooks and the New York Times decide what a “Republican” was supposed to be that got us McCain.

I find it interesting that you, Cliff, describe any Republican of color (female, too) as some sort of “token”.

It demonstrates your inherent racism and sexism, Cliff.

And it’s very very sad.

8. #8 by cav on February 25, 2009 - 1:52 pm

Richard, My comment came out completely inside out and practically unintelligible (a painful admission with Jd in the house).

I think I’m gonna give it a break for a while and maybe vacuum the carpets.

9. #9 by jdberger on February 25, 2009 - 2:09 pm

Not to worry, Cav – when I don’t understand what you’re saying – I just assume that it’s “you go, Girl!”