We may finally be looking at the end times for the gun freaks in this country, thanks in large part to their love affair with their Republican benefactors.
The Brady Campaign did a comprehensive analysis of the recent elections.
The report shows that the NRA was one of the biggest losers in the 2008 elections:
* The NRA spent over thirty-one times more money against Obama than it spent in its negative efforts in 2000 against Al Gore.
* In head-to-head races between candidates endorsed or “A” rated by the NRA and candidates endorsed by the Brady Campaign, Brady candidates won more than 80 percent (including eight of eight U.S. Senate races).
* The NRA spent over 90 percent of its independent expenditures in Senate races on losing candidates (for elections called as of this morning).
* More than 90 percent of Brady Campaign endorsed candidates nationwide won their elections.
* In U.S. Senate races, Brady endorsed candidates won 10 out of 10 races.
* In U.S. House races, Brady endorsed candidates won more than 90 percent of their races.
Despite this devastating loss for red neck America, the Red Neck Grand Puba Criminal-in-Chief and resident pond scum demonstrated once again the petulant disregard for the law that has characterized his entire disastrous presidency.
A last-minute rule adopted by the Bush administration after the election forces states to allow loaded, concealed weapons in National Park lands within their borders – even if states specifically prohibit the practice in their own state parks. Whether you believe that’s a good idea or not – and clearly we do not – just-uncovered government documents show that the previous administration ignored warnings from Interior Department officials that the rule was being changed in violation of Federal law because of a rush to get things in place before Bush left office. link
Its time to remind the whores men and woman of the gun lobby, to paraphrase our African Prince; We won.
A ‘sound thrashing’ is more accurate however in the case of the NRA.
Let sanity prevail