Mike Lee Full of Non-Answers: Live-blogging the Granato Lee KUED Debate

Mike Lee wants to leave health care reform up to the states.  Really? How exactly would THAT work?  I assume he would leave it to the free market.  In other words, he would do nothing.

When Mike Lee was asked about heath care, all simply repeated the States Rights meme.  I’m sure Carl Wimmer was cheering. Whats a freaking useless answer.

Would Mike Lee have each state do their own thing?  What would that mean if I had an emergency in Tennessee?  What if I moved to Arizona to help patrol the border?  Would my Utah plan provide reciprocity?  Sounds like REALLY BIG government to me.  A bunch of REALLY BIG little ones.

Hell, whats the point of a union if you have to think about it every time you cross into another state?

At least Granato answered the question clearly.

Mike Lee is the slimiest kind of politicians and thousands of Utahns will vote for him simply because he repeats the Tea party memes.  Mike Lee is NOT for Utah,  Mike Lee is for Mike Lee.

Link to KUED

, , , , , , ,

1. #1 by Larry Bergan on September 20, 2010 - 8:42 pm

When was the debate? Is there a way to get it?

2. #2 by Cliff Lyon on September 20, 2010 - 10:18 pm

See it here or on the top post . I just embedded it http://www.kued.org/productions/voteutah/?action=senate

3. #3 by Richard Warnick on September 20, 2010 - 10:56 pm

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, the largest insurer in Connecticut, is raising rates up to 22.9 percent. With the approval of state regulators.

This is why we needed the public option!

4. #4 by Larry Bergan on September 21, 2010 - 12:48 am

Thanks for including the video Cliff. I’m beginning to think there isn’t even going to be a governors debate and that is disturbing.

5. #5 by Melinda Wallace on September 22, 2010 - 11:32 pm

Mike Lee is extremely disturbing. He threatens to repeal the 14th and 17th Amendments, fails to support our military troops and their families, fails to support health care for children and adults with preexisting conditions and supports tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans.

Lee refuses to explain how a child with epileptic seizures could obtain health care insurance. Lee doesn’t appear to understand the science behind global climate change and the need to take appropriate action. He hasn’t adequately explained his views on science and technology.

That being said, the Democrats do a very poor job of campaigning in Utah. They don’t sell their message to the voters. If Democrats don’t improve, they deserve to lose.

I commend the Constitutional Party and have voted for their candidates in the past.

6. #6 by Melinda Wallace on September 22, 2010 - 11:35 pm

I forgot to add that the Tea Party does not support the DREAM ACT. The Tea Party does not see the potential of our immigrant youth. Can you imagine if our early American founders had not seen the importance of educating immigrant youth? Lee has no vision. He doesn’t see past the next election.

7. #7 by Larry Bergan on September 23, 2010 - 2:47 am

Granato is definitely not a fast talking salesman, but that’s not a bad thing. I wish he had come across a bit better in the interview though.

Salt Lake City Weekly had an article by Josh Loftin which wasn’t entirely favorable, but is very good and illuminated the man more then the debate did.

8. #8 by Joe Lingo on September 26, 2010 - 3:27 pm

Keep asking Mike Lee how he plans to keep payments going to seniors and the military, lower taxes, and have a balanced budget. What a slimy liar. His followers are either also liars or they are too dim to do such basic math. Their stupidity makes them a much bigger threat to the Republic than terrorists could ever be.

9. #9 by Uncle Rico on September 26, 2010 - 8:03 pm

Joe- you’re referring to what Krugman calls the GOP’s war on arithmetic.

10. #10 by Melinda Wallace on September 26, 2010 - 9:27 pm

I guess I’m just a little confused. During the Bush Administration, all of us complained about the cost of the war. Republicans drove around with bumper stickers that read, “Freedom Isn’t Free” and told us we were all “nutcakes” Vice President Dick Cheney frequently said, “pay no attention to the national debt” and assured us that the “economy was strong”. I have always been worried about the national debt and voted for Independents such as H. Ross Perot.

Now the Republican Party is suddenly the “Tea Party”, ready to balance the budget and reduce the debt. Yep. Where have I heard this before? Oh, that’s right the last six or so elections. Mike Lee is just the next in line. Sure, sure, Mike.