Poll: Majority Of Utah Voters Think Senator Hatch Should Go

A majority of voters want someone other than Senator Orrin Hatch to represent Utah in the Senate. From Talking Points Memo:

In a new Utah Policy poll, 54% of Utah voters said it was time to send someone else to Washington in Hatch’s place, while only 31% said Hatch should be reelected to the seat he has held for 34 years. The poll also had dire news for Hatch’s chances of surviving a primary challenge. In a hypothetical match-up with two-term Rep. Jason Chaffetz, Hatch only managed a tie at 42% apiece.

1. #1 by James Farmer on February 24, 2011 - 1:45 pm

The only good thing about the Orrin that comes to mind is his friendship with Ted Kennedy prior to Ted’s passing. Can’t really think of anything else that I like about the guy, particularly given his new-found admiration fear for the teabagger whack jobs that sunk his former partner, Bob Bennett.

2. #2 by Uncle Rico on February 24, 2011 - 2:24 pm

A majority of voters want someone other than Senator Orrin Hatch to represent Utah in the Senate…until they get in the voting booth. Then, Orrin is their guy.

• #3 by Glenden Brown on February 24, 2011 - 2:43 pm

I remain baffled by the fact that Utah voters like Jason Chaffetz. Fine you dislike Orrin since he’s been in the Senate long than most of us have been alive but you want to replace him with Jason Chaffetz? Really, he’s the better option?

3. #4 by Larry Bergan on February 25, 2011 - 9:46 pm

Poll: Majority Of Utah Voters Think Senator Hatch Should Go

“I was thirty years ahead of my time!”

`Toad stool worshiper

4. #5 by Larry Bergan on February 25, 2011 - 9:51 pm

Ironic, how Orrin went on to defend the rights of toad stool worshiper’s religious freedoms after denouncing them and nutcakes.

It’s almost psychedelic, in fact.

5. #6 by Larry Bergan on February 25, 2011 - 9:54 pm

Trippy, you might say!

6. #7 by cav on February 25, 2011 - 10:04 pm

Labor needs to quote Republican senator Orrin Hatch: “We need unions to make sure that working people have a legitimate and consistent voice.” (Business Week 5/9/94).

7. #8 by Larry Bergan on February 25, 2011 - 10:37 pm

After the 2010 race, I shudder to think who might replace Orrin.

A priest? An accountant? A newscaster? A weatherman? A frycook? A lawyer? A librarian? A policeman? A janitor? A deacon? A streetsweeper? A nurse? A doctor? A wizard? An ironworker? A receptionist? A fireman? A plumber? A prophet? A veterinarian? A vet?

A hypocrite?

8. #9 by Larry Bergan on February 25, 2011 - 10:46 pm

Eisenhower wasn’t perfect; but he wasn’t half bad either. Even he had to compromise with powers that be’d.

9. #10 by james farmer on February 25, 2011 - 10:50 pm

Larry:

I am putting my money (and vote) on Ron Jeremy.

10. #11 by Larry Bergan on February 25, 2011 - 11:15 pm

Here’s hoping that this true grass roots movement will give some umph to a real Democrat in the public forum and the media.

I have no idea who Ron Jeremy is.

11. #12 by Larry Bergan on February 28, 2011 - 7:25 pm

Just saw Orrin on the “News Hour” putting down Obama’s health care plan. I don’t know how often Orrin is asked on other networks besides Fox “news”, but the host was pretty irritated with him.

Orrin always disappears when the republicans are in power, so it’s been a very long time since I’ve seen him on TV. Tonight, all of those bad memories came rushing back. Orrin’s fake rage has run it’s course. I don’t think he can sustain an audience any more.