‘Countdown’ Returns to TV June 20

Three-time Murrow-Award Winner Keith Olbermann returns to television with “Countdown With Keith Olbermann” on Current TV starting Monday, June 20.

See FOK News Channel (Friends of Keith) for more.

UPDATE: One reason why two more months is a long time to wait for Keith’s return: Willard (Mitt) Romney believes war is peace. In related “news,” freedom is slavery and ignorance is strength? Faux News Channel says that every day.

1. #1 by cav on April 26, 2011 - 10:16 am

Willard Bradley Manning for prez in oh twelve.

2. #2 by brewski on April 26, 2011 - 11:32 am

Richard,
    How much is your commission?

3. #3 by Richard Warnick on April 26, 2011 - 11:34 am

My only reward will be seeing the truth reported on TV. If I can get Current TV, which I don’t right now.

4. #4 by brewski on April 26, 2011 - 11:42 am

Does the “Truth” include that Scott Brown supports violence against women, including his wife and daughters, as the Great Screamer asserted?

5. #5 by Richard Warnick on April 26, 2011 - 12:51 pm

I like Olbermann’s answer to critics who said that was out of line:

“And if he or you don’t like that characterization, my answer to you is simple: disprove it, because he [Senator Brown] hasn’t.”

The larger issue is this: right-wingers love to make controversial (and often fact-free) assertions all the time. When someone on the left says something controversial, suddenly the rules change and the righties develop delicate sensibilities.

6. #6 by brewski on April 26, 2011 - 12:54 pm

I don’t like that answer at all. No one, Scott Brown or you, has to disprove any such accusation. If you like that answer then I will conclude that you love to kill rape and murder and have done so. I have no responsibility to prove it. You must prove the negative.

7. #7 by Richard Warnick on April 26, 2011 - 2:52 pm

As you probably know, Senator Brown violated common decency by failing to correct a supporter who suggested, in his presence, “[shoving] a curling iron up [Martha Coakley's] butt,” a reference to a sexual assault case in Massachusetts.

I like to think you or I would not let something like that go without telling the speaker that they were going beyond the pale.

8. #8 by brewski on April 26, 2011 - 4:40 pm

I will side with Jon Stuart on this one.

9. #9 by Larry Bergan on April 26, 2011 - 4:54 pm

Who’s Jon Stuart?

10. #10 by Larry Bergan on April 26, 2011 - 5:05 pm

Since I’m sure I’m not going to be able to afford “Current TV”, I’m hoping Keith isn’t exaggerating the presence the show will have on the internet. I would have missed his show if MSNBC hadn’t been good enough to show his entire program on the “tubes”.

I also hope MSNBC sees this as the worst decision they have made since they fired Phil Donahue. I will continue to watch their brilliant Maddow program.

Smart move for president Al Gore!

11. #11 by Larry Bergan on April 26, 2011 - 5:10 pm

Honestly! This could be the most important news show in American history. With the right sized audience and attention to news instead of profits, it will break new ground.

My vote for first guest is Tim DeChristopher.

12. #12 by brewski on April 26, 2011 - 5:26 pm

Sorry, Jon Stewart.

13. #13 by Larry Bergan on April 26, 2011 - 8:22 pm

brewski:

Why do you think people can see left leaning programs like John Stewart, Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, Stephen Colbert, ect. in full – on the internet, while right leaning programs like Chris Matthews are edited, clipped, and downright censored?

Could it be they don’t want to be caught lying?

14. #14 by brewski on April 27, 2011 - 8:42 am

In what universe is Chris Matthews right leaning?

15. #15 by Richard Warnick on April 27, 2011 - 9:17 am

brewski–

Have you ever watched Matthews interview Tom DeLay?

16. #16 by brewski on April 27, 2011 - 9:42 am

I watch Matthews as little as possible. He says things that are too stupid for words. When commenting about why states such as Florida, Texas and Arizona were gaining congressional seats and why states like Michigan and New York were losing seats, his sole answer was aircondtioning. He didn’t note that FL, TX and AZ all have zero state income tax and very little unionization of their workforce. While states like MI and NY are very highly taxed and highly unionized.

But that doesn’t fit his lefty narrative.

He worked for Jimmy Carter and he refers to himself as liberal.

17. #17 by Richard Warnick on April 27, 2011 - 9:48 am

Not a “lefty.”

Despite having worked for Democrats, Matthews has said, “I’m more conservative than people think I am. … I voted for George W. in 2000.” Salon.com has called him the “most conservative voice” on MSNBC’s primetime lineup.

18. #18 by brewski on April 27, 2011 - 10:18 am

More conservative than people think he is and most conservative among MSNBC prattlers does not a right leaning person make.

19. #19 by Richard Warnick on April 27, 2011 - 10:57 am

Voting for Bush in 2000 doesn’t make you right-leaning?

20. #20 by brewski on April 27, 2011 - 2:23 pm

In 2000 W was endorsed by teachers’ unions. Also, people vote among the 2 candidates on the ballot. He could have hated Bush for all we know. But he could have hated Gore more. So your assertion still defies Mr. Matthews’ own self-description as a liberal.

I would describe Matthews as an idiot, loudmouth, blowhard and large-government Statist. I guess that makes him perfectly qualified to be the next Democratic nominee for President.

21. #21 by Richard Warnick on April 27, 2011 - 2:59 pm

I never thought much of Chris Matthews, but I don’t think he’s dumb enough to vote for a candidate he hates. I mean, if there is nobody on the ballot you want to vote for, then why bother?

BTW Ralph Nader was on the ballot in 2000 – that’s who I voted for. Also Pat Buchanan and other candidates.

22. #22 by brewski on April 27, 2011 - 3:02 pm

We all vote for candidates who we don’t like, but we dislike them less than the other candidates. That is the nature of our elections unless you want to write in brewski.

23. #23 by Richard Warnick on April 27, 2011 - 3:06 pm

No. Vote for a candidate you think is right for the office, or don’t vote.

24. #24 by cav on April 27, 2011 - 3:26 pm

Sorry brewski, the dogcatcher position has a waiting list some light years long already.

Don’t quit your day job.

25. #25 by brewski on April 27, 2011 - 3:53 pm

I guess I’ll be writing in brewski for President from now on.

26. #26 by cav on April 27, 2011 - 9:11 pm

Seriously brew. I did have occasion to write myself in for president. It was during the test drive of the new Dieblod machines – a ‘See how it feels to stand at a new, unproven voting machine experience’, set up by then Lt Governor, now Governor. There was the option to write someone in so I did.

Later, at a follow-up meeting with Herbert, I told him I’d written myself in, yet the final vote count failed to reflect that fact. He did not have an answer.

But, for you…give it a go.

27. #27 by Larry Bergan on April 27, 2011 - 10:20 pm

cav:

Computers just continue to get complexer and complexer. Don’t try to understand why your vote got lost in space. It’s just too vast!

VERY nice try though!

I’m pretty sure Gary would have preferred that somebody else named Amy could have tried to answer your impossible question.

28. #28 by Wendell Jay Jefferson. on May 1, 2011 - 9:44 am

“Count Clown” is more like it.