Herman Cain’s Last Interview: “I got all this stuff twirling around in my head”

Cain Hobbit and Newt Hobbit Neck and Neck

^^ That was yesterday. ^^

The most depressing part of this frightening video is that Herman Cain was leading in the polls for GOP Presidential Candidate. What the hell is going on with that party?

This was today…

“I do not agree with the way he handled it for the following reason,” Cain started, before cutting himself off. “Nope, that’s a different one.” Cain shifted in his chair, adjusted his jacket and looked up again.

I got all this stuff twirling around in my head,” he added.

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain talks to the Journal Sentinel editorial board about the Obama administration’s handling of Libya. November 14, 2011

, , , , , ,

1. #1 by cav on November 15, 2011 - 8:29 am

Sure, I was born a poor white child, but even though I’ve turned pizza making in to prezidnent making, I gotta tell ya, Runin fer preznindent is hard, hard work.

2. #2 by Richard Warnick on November 15, 2011 - 8:41 am

Libya is a complex issue, and most Republican politicians have taken several different positions on it. Flip-flopper extraordinaire Willard (“Mitt”) Romney has come up with five Libya positions. Apparently Herman Cain hasn’t even got one.

3. #3 by Richard Warnick on November 15, 2011 - 1:39 pm

Newt Gingrich:

“One of the Republican weaknesses is that we rely too much on consultants and too much on talking points,” the former Speaker of the House explained. “We don’t rely enough on actually knowing things.”

“If you’re going to lead the country and change history, you better know a heck of a lot before you start because there’s not much time for learning on the job.”

4. #4 by brewski on November 15, 2011 - 1:42 pm

I am pretty confident that if you took any person and especially any politician, and sat them down at a table, and trained a camera on them, then asked them a bunch of questions for a period of time, that 100% of them would have their Oops moment, or their painful moment, or their things swirling around in my head moment.

5. #5 by Richard Warnick on November 15, 2011 - 2:21 pm

Was it really such a hard question? “So, you agree with President Obama on Libya, or not?” That was it.

And Cain’s lack of a ready answer fits a pattern:

Cain’s Libya non-answer didn’t happen in a vacuum. It comes after a somewhat overlooked performance in an early May presidential debate in South Carolina where Cain said he didn’t have a plan about what to do in Afghanistan because “it’s not clear what the mission is.” And Cain also struggled to lay out a foreign policy vision in a sitdown with NBC’s David Gregory on “Meet the Press”.

Nobody knows what the mission is in Afghanistan. I think Herman Cain often tries to answer questions honestly, but it comes across as a guy who can’t remember the talking points every right-winger is supposed to know by heart.

6. #6 by brewski on November 15, 2011 - 3:40 pm

You don’t think if I sat down with Jill Stein and had a camera trained on her and asked her questions that at some point she wouldn’t eventually stumble?

7. #7 by cav on November 15, 2011 - 4:13 pm

We are all human. That’s the point…beknighting any old advocate, giving him or her the throne, the head-dress and the power, is clearly no longer a suitable structure – if it ever was.

8. #8 by Richard Warnick on November 15, 2011 - 4:15 pm

It was only a half-hour interview. I’ve suffered through job interviews that took 90 minutes or more, and believe me they weren’t just asking for my opinions on political issues – they wanted to find out if I had enough knowledge and communication ability to do the job well. And who might Jill Stein be?

9. #9 by Cliff Lyon on November 15, 2011 - 4:27 pm

Frankly, I doubt very much Jill Stein would stumble.

But ya’ll have a more serious problem. The Republican party is basically smoldering pile of ash. A classic example of “You reap what you sew.”

Your only salvation are the growing ranks of ignorant white trash voters whose political bandwidth maxes out somewhere between guns and God.

10. #10 by brewski on November 15, 2011 - 6:18 pm

Cliff,
    Remind me again what you were saying about elevating the level of discourse.

I believe you mean you reap what you “sow”, not “sew”. So much for calling others ignorant. Seems like you need a refund from your 4th tier preppy school.

11. #11 by Cliff Lyon on November 15, 2011 - 7:05 pm

Thanks Brew (Sow vs sew).

I didnt use the word “elevate,” which brings to rise what I really did say, what I meant and how you drive people away.

So rather than waste my time repeating what I said, do it yourself and report back to me what I actually said and how it might apply to you.

12. #12 by brewski on November 16, 2011 - 1:07 pm

I think its time to upgrade the conversation.

Clifford, the big red dog

Golly, my mistake. You said “upgrade” and not “elevate”.

Apparently your definition of “upgrade” is to insult, name call and generally do everything you accuse me of doing.

13. #13 by Cliff Lyon on November 16, 2011 - 5:31 pm

Keep going Brewski, You almost got to the most important part of the statement.

Glen, said it well on another thread.

And there goes brewski misunderstanding and misrepresenting actual history.

And for your convenience (last time), I said:

… if you can raise your standard of discourse and tactics. That means making responsive intelligent arguments that show some respect for sources, credentials, intelligence…

Your tactics; Novel and non-responsive arguments that don’t pass the smell test, tend to diminish the value of the discourse. For that I am very sorry.

14. #14 by brewski on November 16, 2011 - 5:52 pm

Pardon me while I fall over laughing. Tell me you are joking. You don’t have any respect for anyone or anything that doesn’t agree with your paleoliberal discredited hypocritical hallucinogenic I-feel-guilty-looking-down-on-the-poor-from-my-verandah-in-Olympus-Cove view of the world.

15. #15 by Cliff Lyon on November 16, 2011 - 6:00 pm

See Brewski, Thats what Im talking about. You were about to get a pass for being anonymous becuz of your public “position” from which you’ve chosen to hide.

Then you turn around an use my transparency against me. I’ve counted to 9. Apologize or I go to TEN!

16. #16 by james farmer on November 16, 2011 - 11:02 pm

Who is brewski?

17. #17 by Richard Warnick on November 17, 2011 - 8:55 am

Cliff, are you implying that a public official has been One Utah’s most reliable supplier of right-wing talking points? That’s an honor. I welcome brewski’s contributions. Without him, we would have to go read Drudge or RedState.

18. #18 by Rico on November 17, 2011 - 9:17 am

And yet another new IU commenter at #17. Keep ‘em coming Cliff.

19. #19 by brewski on November 17, 2011 - 11:08 pm

Richard,
    And all this time I thought you welcomed my contributions because I injected facts into the conversation, without which you all would have to rely on myth and fantasy.