Holly Richardson: Dog Whistling Water Girl or Democrat Trapped in Mamma Grizzly Bear?

Holly Tree Richardson - Killer smile!

Even for a liberal, it’s hard not to fall in love with new Utah state rep, Holly Richardson.* She has a killer smile. She’s a political activist, Orrin Hatch hater, blogger, mid-wife and she’s adopted a gaggle of foster kids as diverse as the United Nations. Simply put, Holly Mama ROCKS!

What’s not to love?

In the normal course of flirting with Holly on Facebook, I implied possibly having given a sleeping bag to one of her kids down at Occupy Salt Lake City.  Well didn’t I get slapped right back with a feistiness that would make Coulter/Bachmann/Palin proud. It still gives me tingles:

“Nah, my kids actually have a work ethic and don’t believe they are entitled to a job, to a college education or that pooping on people’s porches is appropriate behavior.”

Holly Richardson's mean reference to Occupy Wall Street Occupiers

OWS People's porch poopers

I LOVE THAT! But Holly, Holly Help me Here! Didn’t we as a nation decide our kids should be entitled to a college education AND a job?  Can we not promise that?

Because the alternative IS pooping on peoples’ porches.”

In my heart of hearts I think Holly surprised even herself and on her excellent blog, cleverly disguised her apology in a nod to the 4th Amendment.

…the casual use of pepper spray for students who posed no physical threat to police is frankly an embarrassment and an affront to our nation’s belief in free speech. I don’t agree with the Occupy protestorsbut […here comes the apology], I support their right to express their point of view.

Personal Note to Holly Richardson: (all others may stop reading now):

Holly, Everyone is saying you used the UC Davis pepper spray incident as an opportunity to associate yourself with the big banks, Freedom Works and the Koch brothers at the expense of the Patriotic Pepper-sprayed, Porch-Poopers.

Tell me it ain’t so.

Think for a moment Holly: Conservatives have been on the wrong side of every major, popular movement in world history until they supported them, INCLUDING the American revolution. Do YOU want to be on the wrong side of history?  Life is long.

I remind m’ Lady, the Tories may have secretly liked the idea of independence, but they were scared wig-less about the messy way it was going down. And they got mean about it too. You should’ve heard what they said about the Boston tea partiers (the real ones).  You’d have had to cover your ears. No, Hopeful Holly, the Conservatives of those times made life hell for George Washington and the porch-poopingpatriots” who decided to occupy their colonies.

In your defense, people say ya’ll Conservatives are afraid of change. That is absurd.**  Ya’ll seem to LOVE change — just decades later.  American Conservatives are really just afraid of  the specter of mobs.

I have good news, the OWS “porch poopers” are doctors, engineers, students, Land Rover-driving soccer Moms, librarians and Minsters and we love you! We are you.

Holly, they say you’ve capitulated to the GOP instinct that says ring shout.  Tell me it ain’t so.

Be on the right side of history. Holly, Hear me Holler! The Occupy Movement is ALREADY on the right side of history.  Things happen a lot faster today than they did when that smelly Paul Revere-hippie went bell-tower spamming on horseback.

Join us Holly! Tell that Obama bastardo to call off the DHS! I promise you’ll get just as much mileage and spare having to explain yourself to your kids someday in the future when they are able to think for themselves.

Affectionately,

Cliff

*Note: In January of this year, Holly Richardson was selected/elected/appointed to the Utah State House of Representatives to replace Craig Frank, District 57.

**Note: Every conservative I know loves light-rail and rock concerts at Red Butte once they try them

Editors Note: Personally, I think Mika Brzenzki’s response to this terribly unfortunate rhetoric reflects the kind of graceful passion I like in my ladies.

, ,

1. #1 by Larry Bergan on November 27, 2011 - 12:17 am

I may start watching “Morning Joe”, as long as Joe isn’t there!

I’m calling for an investigation of porch poopers. Are they republicans, independents or just people from pioneer park who don’t have a place to poop because they closed three of four toilets there even though there were hundreds of people who probably had to poop.

Actually, there were four stationary toilets at the park, three of them were usually locked, but there were at least a dozen other moveable toilets on the premises that people could have pissed or crapped in, but they were all locked.

2. #2 by Nathan Erkkila on November 27, 2011 - 2:08 am

Seeing that her opinion on occupy is unlikely to change, I think it’s only fair that someone does shit on her porch.

3. #3 by Richard Warnick on November 27, 2011 - 10:43 am

The right-wing is trying to distract from the real issue by talking about the 99 Percent Movement as a law enforcement problem. The issue is lack of democracy in America, and we want to fix that problem — the first step to solving all this nation’s problems!

Holly, are you with us?

4. #4 by Holly on November 27, 2011 - 10:59 am

Ah, Cliff, you made me laugh. Did you read the comments on my blog, but even more so on my Facebook page? I am shocked, frankly, and embarrassed that there are members of my party who think that pepper spray is totally justified because “they were warned.” I can’t fathom why liberty-minded, freedom-loving, limited-government proponents are such ardent supporters of a police state.
    Occupy away, but don’t expect a ton of sympathy from me when you want to renege on student loans and can’t figure out how to use porta-potties. You will get support, however, when it comes to your right to express yourself in non-violent means.
    But Cliff, you’ve totally won me over with your sweet remarks. :)

5. #5 by Larry Bergan on November 27, 2011 - 11:22 am

Richard:

We’re talking about poop here; please TRY to stay on topic. :)

6. #6 by Larry Bergan on November 27, 2011 - 11:26 am

But Holly:

How do you use “porta-potties.” that are locked?

7. #7 by Cliff Lyon on November 27, 2011 - 11:39 am

Holly, Banks spent $46 MILLION dollars lobbying congress THIS YEAR.

We want it to stop NOW. And so do the porch poopers.

What does Holly want?

8. #8 by cav on November 27, 2011 - 12:14 pm

Holly Richardson…Holly Banks…which is it?

9. #9 by cav on November 27, 2011 - 12:20 pm

This is a test: Who would you rather be sold out to; the ‘winners’ (the banks), or the porch poopers (commie degenerates)?

See the meme developing?

10. #10 by Larry Bergan on November 27, 2011 - 1:14 pm

Dogs poop anywhere they want and don’t even bury it!

Why can’t we!

People love their dogs!

11. #11 by Larry Bergan on November 27, 2011 - 1:15 pm

Personally; I love cats because they bury their poop.

12. #12 by Richard Warnick on November 27, 2011 - 5:05 pm

Let me give an example of what this is really about. This morning, Rep. Jason Chaffetz was on KSL explaining his plan to address what he considers a “crisis” — the fact that Social Security might have to cut benefits 35 years from now unless the economy improves.

But what about the jobs crisis which Americans are trying to cope with right now? Didn’t the Republicans promise “jobs-jobs-jobs” in the last election? And what about foreclosure fraud and the failure of government to help homeowners? Doesn’t Rep. Chaffetz, who sits on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, want to investigate why banks are getting away with fraud?

IMHO Rep. Chaffetz is addressing the concerns of the 1 Percent, particularly Wall Street billionaires who want to get their hands on all of our retirement money, while ignoring the 99 Percent.

13. #13 by Larry Bergan on November 27, 2011 - 6:17 pm

Just try to say THIS three-times-fast:

Schmjobs, schmjobs, schmjobs!

Did I spell that right?

14. #14 by Donna Green on March 28, 2012 - 10:41 am

Here we go again, Cliff the fucking idiot spewing his rhetoric based on his sandy logic. It’s men like Cliff that help me understand why our country is going down the fucking toilet. A total tool and detracts from the liberal progressive message. Please someone shut him up!

15. #15 by Cliff Lyon on March 28, 2012 - 3:36 pm

Hi Donna,

Welcome to OneUtah and thanks so much for your feedback all the way from our nation’s capitol, Washington DC (according to your IP address 156.33.87.151).

May I assume you are Fascist supporter of Pepper Spraying peaceful protesters?

16. #16 by Larry Bergan on April 1, 2012 - 3:23 pm

Well, I’ll say one thing:

Donna Isn’t very “lady like”!

17. #17 by cav on April 1, 2012 - 4:18 pm

…but she prolly creates jobs!

18. #18 by Larry Bergan on April 1, 2012 - 5:16 pm

Green energy would create jobs. Politicians pooping on the people creates more poop on people.

19. #19 by Donna Green on April 4, 2012 - 11:48 am

Green energy would create jobs, if I created a business for people to dig holes in the desert, that would create jobs too. But both would be failing businesses and eventually close. The “Green Market” has not been proven to be a sustainable enough business to work on a large scale

20. #20 by cav on April 4, 2012 - 12:17 pm

I think it beats electricity from water boiled by Nukes, ingesting mercury from coal-plant emissions, fowling the Gulf and, generally the entire Planet, all on the preposterous notion that if we don’t we’ll all meet a very tragic end. Isn’t that pretty much the path to a tragic end in itself? We all are going to die. But for G.E. and B.P to be the last standing, even though they’re as responsible as anyone for the pending collapse of the environment, would be ironic travesty of the first order.

The discussion might turn to how photo solar voltaics might be better at producing hot water that even roof-top solar hot water heaters.

21. #21 by Cliff Lyon on April 4, 2012 - 3:03 pm

Donna Green,

As you know this comment is indefensible on an empirical level.

Do you work for Heartland and the Koch Bros?

22. #22 by brewski on April 4, 2012 - 3:47 pm

Cliff,
    Show us the empirical level to which you refer.

23. #23 by Cliff Lyon on April 4, 2012 - 7:46 pm

Brewski,

Wind and solar farms and the businesses that support them.

Are you familiar with a company called Vestas?

24. #24 by brewski on April 4, 2012 - 9:06 pm

Thanks for the non empirical level.

Vestas gets huge subsidies for its existence. Those subsidies come from somewhere. The somewhere include higher electricity prices for utility customers and higher taxes. Higher electricity prices and taxes have real costs. Those real costs include the investments not made by others, the jobs not created by others, the disposable income not received by others, the tax revenue which could have hired teachers and firemen.

So you need to provide to me the empirical evidence that wind and solar farms are NET creators of jobs after subtracting out all off the jobs lost. Please provide me with a link to the peer-reviewed study.

25. #25 by Larry Bergan on April 4, 2012 - 9:09 pm

Articles like this, leave you with no hope, but HEY, solar energy can never work, so why try.

And that is just the horror from ONE nuclear plant. What in the hell are we thinking!

26. #26 by Cliff on April 5, 2012 - 6:10 pm

Bewski,

Oil & Gas, Agriculture, Automobile Manufacturers also receive huge subsidies.

Get a LIFE!

27. #27 by brewski on April 5, 2012 - 6:12 pm

Cliff,
    Thank you for falling flat on your face over a simple question.