Rocky Anderson vs Sean Hannity. Live Debate at University of Utah – Entire Show – Fox News

University of Utah, May 4, 2007. Two Hours. Moderated by Ken Verdoia.

Rocky laid out a bullet-proof prima-facie case for the impeachment of George W. Bush.

Hannity retreated into his hallmark pandering strategy refusing to address the facts in the case for impeachment of Bush. Not one word about Bush, the Constitution, illegal rendition, torture, wiretapping US citizens illegally, or the suspension of Habeas Corpus. Just personal attacks on Rocky as if labeling Rocky will somehow make the fact that Bush is impeachable go away.

Some still support Bush. They need to ask themselves:

Is your patriotism strong enough to hold a president you love accountable for his crimes and impeachable offenses? Or are you making an exception? Are you a full time American Patriot, or does it “depend?”

Part 1 of 3

Part 2 of 3

Part 3 of 3

Full Show Broadband (137mg) / Smaller Dial-up (37mg) version here
Play or download full high quality MP4 (525MG) here.

Thanks as always to Norm at OneGoodMove for providing this video.

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. #1 by Larry Bergan on May 5, 2007 - 11:05 pm

Cliff:

I’m only able to get the question and answer part of the debate, which doesn’t lay out Rocky’s case for impeachment.

2. #2 by Tom Grover on May 6, 2007 - 12:04 am

Cliff,

You’re a GREAT AMERICAN!

3. #3 by Cliff Lyon on May 6, 2007 - 6:38 am

Larry,

Thats odd. Must be a dialup problem. Try this one.

4. #4 by Rob Miller on May 6, 2007 - 10:35 am

Tom,

You and Cliff are great Americans.

Let’s get a Walton thing going here.

5. #5 by L on May 6, 2007 - 11:08 am

One aspect of the debate was Hannity’s disdain for Rocky’s alleged obsession with “hating President Bush” evidenced in his protest speeches (I’ve heard most of Rocky’s speeches and never heard him invoke the word “hate” for anyone…a case against the behavior, a need for accountability, yes). This may come down to “we dislike in others what we don’t like in ourselves”.
    My theory: Hannity down deep despises his own obsession with denigrating others. But like all good addicts, he keeps doing the familiar, and the lucrative thing.
    He was obsessed throughout the evening with his hatred/disdain for Hilary Clinton in the tapes he edited to paint her in the b—–iest light he could (she still seemed stately and well spoken to me) and, as usual, skirted answering the question, “Who’s your favorite for president in ’08?” with – you guessed it – “Anyone but her.”
    -L

6. #6 by Caveat on May 6, 2007 - 11:45 am

Rocky doesn’t need to hate the president. That position is already held by upwards of 50% off all Merkans!

7. #7 by Larry Bergan on May 6, 2007 - 3:38 pm

I hate dial-up. I don’t know if it’s working or not because the Quicktime symbol comes up and nothing else. I ended up going to Norm at OneGoodMove site which doesn’t seem to have the entire debate.

Here is the whole thing on Google.

8. #8 by Larry Bergan on May 6, 2007 - 3:43 pm

Oops, lets try this:

Go here and click the link at Comment #9

9. #9 by Cliff on May 6, 2007 - 6:43 pm

Larry,

I’ve seen that problem a lot. Uninstall quicktime completely then reinstall. Let me know if that works

10. #10 by Larry Bergan on May 7, 2007 - 2:43 am

Cliff:

I did what you said, uninstalled version 7.1.5 and replaced it with 7.1.6

The Dial-up link to the Hannity Anderson debate works fine for me now.

11. #11 by Deanna Taylor on May 7, 2007 - 4:24 am

Tom and I watched the entire “debate” online. It wasn’t really a debate. Hannity did not choose to engage in an that intelligent a format. Rocky was quite impressive. His presentation was factual, substantiated by well researched information, and obviously well thought out and presented. Not once did Hannity refute the information presented by Rocky. Instead, he resorted to name calling and belittling, showing himself for what he is – a medium for low-rate “entertainment” and not at all an individual who is capable of actually debating an issue.

Anyone with even an inkling of presence of mind should have been able to immediately see which person held the best and most intelligent presentation.

12. #12 by Cliff on May 7, 2007 - 6:23 am

Larry,

Figures. I’ve seen that problem/solution now no less than ten times in the past few mos on every version of windows in both browsers. Another Bill Gates conspiracy.

13. #13 by Larry Bergan on May 7, 2007 - 11:34 pm

Cliff:

I once gave up trying to use Netscape because of so many strange problems, but the thing I hate the most about windows is that it is constantly trying to get online when I don’t want it to. I can’t get calls if I’m online and I have two different dialing prompts that pop up in front of me constantly.

At least they finally got the problem fixed where your printer refuses to stop printing once you’ve sent it a printing job. That didn’t need to go on for a decade.

14. #14 by Stephanie on May 26, 2007 - 3:04 pm

I cannot believe Rocky Anderson. He is the true source of evil in our state. He says he speaks for Utah, when the truth is he is speaking for the screaming minority, who shouldn’t live in America, if they have no respect for it. It’s the silent majority who he is demeaning, defacing and disgracing everyday. I can honestly say Rocky Anderson is the worst voice we have in Utah.

15. #15 by Nephi on May 26, 2007 - 3:30 pm

Thank God for Rocky Anderson!

16. #16 by Caveat on May 26, 2007 - 3:50 pm

Stop the killing = Evil! Riiight. Steph, on which planet did you attend Sunday school again?

17. #17 by Jenni on May 26, 2007 - 9:26 pm

I love the logic of some of the righties — “if you don’t respect the Republican view of America, you should leave the country”. I wonder how long before their arguments will mature beyond this elementary school style logic.

Rocky Anderson = evil. Can you please logically explain how you came to this conclusion?

18. #18 by Caveat on May 27, 2007 - 5:20 am

Her ALL CAP sense of truth and honesty is giving me the ‘doubts’. No wonder our ‘boys’ can’t make up thier minds: ?Win or Lose? (wingnut)

I know elementary school kids with better skills. Lots of them.

This is a faith issue, and I dare say, Stephs’ is misplaced.

19. #19 by Martin Bammes on November 25, 2011 - 10:43 am

That was amazing, and well done Cliff. Hannity, officially fails in using my dead brothers as a punchline. Thank you mayor (and I will use mayor) Anderson for standing up for right and just no matter what.

20. #20 by james farmer on December 1, 2011 - 12:52 am

Cliff:

You are still a GREAT AMERICAN!

21. #21 by Richard Warnick on December 1, 2011 - 9:21 am

I’m guessing Cliff re-posted this because Rocky Anderson was on Rachel Maddow’s show last night announcing his third-party candidacy for President in 2012. Rachel suggested that Rocky and Jon Huntsman run together on the Justice Party ticket.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

IMHO Rocky’s interview (speech, really) was all over the lot and missed some key issues. Does he have a speech writer?

22. #22 by cav on December 1, 2011 - 5:29 pm

When it comes out he was born in Uganda, it’ll end quite quickly. Then there’s his past associations with Mormons. Crippling.

23. #23 by cav on December 1, 2011 - 5:55 pm

Dirty F@#*ing Hippies Were Right!

24. #24 by Larry Bergan on December 1, 2011 - 9:05 pm

Great post to reanimate. I no longer have to struggle with dial-up and hope to get the time to watch the famous Rock vs Hannity debate again.

I was miraculously able to get a ticket to the show and it was hella-fun!

25. #25 by Larry Bergan on December 1, 2011 - 9:09 pm

cav:

That’s a very nicely done video with lots of good information.

I also hope to watch the entire movie that Cliff posted not very long ago. Fascinating stuff!

26. #26 by cav on December 1, 2011 - 10:10 pm

It’s your Christmas gift. Happy to pass it on.

(will not be published)