It’s Just a Cartoon, Right?

The best animations I’ve ever seen have come from an international site called Futureshorts.com.

Disquieting media to say the least, but you may recall that some of the most horrifying stories ever told in books were for children.

This one is from Germany, where people might know something about the ill effects of unbridled capitalism:

Has a good ending which points here, but I don’t speak German even though I’m half German. I DO know that Germans are innovators in green energy. We could have been, but that’s the way things go.

Don’t know where this one’s from, but sleep well:

Update: Just happened on this tonight. Could self-bridled capitalism be taking root? Take a look at this video and visit the site of this business. I don’t think Willie Nelson would have offered his services if this weren’t real:

There is a long history of greedy businesses catering to our green sensitivities – BP comes to mind -, but I’m certainly going to check this out.

, , , , , ,

1. #1 by cav on December 17, 2011 - 7:23 am

Thanks for those Larry. I likes me some provoking Youtubes with my coffee.

2. #2 by Larry Bergan on December 17, 2011 - 6:16 pm

There is a ridiculous amount of great creativity on the internet if you can find it. Futureshorts blows my mind.

3. #3 by Frank Stearch on December 17, 2011 - 10:43 pm

This is the cartoon of the day!! It doesn’t get any better than this!!.

.http://conservativeamericaonline.blogspot.com/2011/12/obama-to-clinton-youre-racist-clinton.html

4. #4 by cav on December 17, 2011 - 11:14 pm

This seems sort of newsworthy:

Forensic Analysis Finds Venango County, PA, E-Voting System ‘Remotely Accessed’ on ‘Multiple Occasions’ by Unknown Computer

5. #5 by Larry Bergan on December 18, 2011 - 12:04 am

Frank:

Your name is actually an anagram isn’t it?

Gotta admit, anything on blogspot is well vetted though. :)

Nice try; not really.

6. #6 by Larry Bergan on December 18, 2011 - 12:07 am

cav:

That means there are at least three honest election officials in the US that nobody knows about.

I’m feeling optimistic for 2012! :)

7. #7 by Larry Bergan on December 18, 2011 - 7:15 am

This comment pertains to the Willie Nelson video I added to this post.

You have to go to iTunes. Go to the store and type in “the scientist”. It won’t cost you a cent. Listen to as many different versions as you have time.

8. #8 by Rico on December 18, 2011 - 8:28 am

Speaking of Willie, he had a nice piece at HuffPo the other day on the same subject as your vid Larry. Read here.

9. #9 by Larry Bergan on December 18, 2011 - 8:57 am

Rico:

In your link, Willie the pothead [emphasis mine] said:

Food processors — the corporations that turn potatoes into French fries and chicken into nuggets — spent $5.6 million to lobby against the new rules and won, with Congress going so far as agreeing to call pizza a vegetable. Both decisions demonstrate that corporate power wins and the health of our markets and our children loses.

Congress is higher on money then I ever got on acid; and – believe me – that’s saying a lot,

10. #10 by cav on December 18, 2011 - 9:47 am

Larry, I must protest! I see huge qualitative differences that cannot be ignored. I do.

11. #11 by Larry Bergan on December 18, 2011 - 10:11 am

Cheese?

12. #12 by cav on December 18, 2011 - 10:19 am

The godness one experiences on acid is not the same one using the moniker ‘mammon’. Brie versus cheez-wiz.

13. #13 by Larry Bergan on December 18, 2011 - 10:39 am

I would never recommend acid or mammon, but I might trend towards the path against slavery.

Heavy man,