CPAC Day One: ‘We Outnumber The Stupid People’

TPM’s Day In 100 Seconds: CPAC Day One

Utah Senator Mike Lee served up the Tea Party rhetoric (unsweetened). The National Debt is a “pit of despair,” he said, neglecting to mention that President George W. Bush doubled it in 8 years. Senator Lee held out the prospect of a Balanced Budget Amendment: “Get Washington to put down the federal shovel… The shining city on a hill should replace the city in a hole. Walk away from hole-digging hell.” Never mind the fact that economic recovery (which is necessary every time GOP ideology causes an epic recession or depression) requires deficit spending.

More: Herman Cain: Stupid people and ignorant people are ruining America’ (says the guy who proudly proclaimed he didn’t know the “President Of Ubeki-beki-beki-stan-stan” and couldn’t explain why our attack on Libya was a mistake because “I gotta go back to — got all this stuff twirling around in my head.”)

In today’s session, Newt Gingrich is slated to give more details about his plan to make the Moon our 51st state.

1. #1 by cav on February 10, 2012 - 3:35 pm

Frothy Mix/Boner ’12

2. #2 by cav on February 11, 2012 - 10:18 am

Shrinking the Stoopids will further marginalize the GOP. Confusion, hypocrisy and yes, stupidity are not requirements for membership in this society – shun them, even if it seems like you’re shunning society. Go ahead; challenge yourselves.

3. #3 by cav on February 11, 2012 - 9:22 pm

CPAC panel: ‘Celebrate’ Citizens United ruling
    Conservative lawyers dismiss threat of foreign money, anonymous political spending.

4. #4 by Larry Bergan on February 11, 2012 - 9:49 pm

The National Debt is a “pit of despair,”

I guess you could call that Mike Lee’s malaise speech. Come on Mike; more optimism. Study up on Jimmy Carter before you dig YOURSELF any deeper. Sorry, I forgot: IOKIYR.

The [Mooney] “Times” article didn’t print the punch line to “rising star” Rubio’s joke:

“Why do liberals never admit that they are liberal?”

(paraphrasing):

‘Because now they call themselves Progressive. The last time I checked, that was the name of an insurance company’

Couldn’t find a tears of laughter emoticon, but if I could have, it would have had to go to Cal Thomas. I think you’ll agree that this is comedy at it’s best; depending on who you’re laughing – or cringing – at (4:30 minutes in):

I hate to follow acts such as these with my own joke, but is there any way we could send Newt Gringrich to the moon and NOT return him safely to earth?

Sorry. :(

5. #5 by Larry Bergan on February 11, 2012 - 10:13 pm

If you tuned in late, be sure to see cav’s comment at #3 which, for some reason, didn’t post the first time. The same thing happens to me from time to time. :(

6. #6 by cav on February 11, 2012 - 10:17 pm

Thanks.

7. #7 by Larry Bergan on February 11, 2012 - 10:20 pm

I guess in Cal Thomas’s world, if you win The John Steinbeck Award, you become the perfect candidate for right-wing advocacy of contraception.

8. #8 by cav on February 11, 2012 - 10:24 pm

How is brewski different than Cal Thomas?

Cal found it in himself to apologize.

9. #9 by Larry Bergan on February 11, 2012 - 10:28 pm

cav:

Just found out myself that even a great humorist like Cal Thomas can apologize, but I’ll bet if the joke had been funny, things would be different.

10. #10 by Larry Bergan on February 11, 2012 - 10:41 pm

You gotta feel for Cal. You know how republicans HATE to apologize. :)

11. #11 by brewski on February 11, 2012 - 11:34 pm

Still waiting to hear several apologies myself.

12. #12 by Larry Bergan on February 11, 2012 - 11:52 pm

Maddow never asked for an apology, and she’s a girl.

13. #13 by cav on February 12, 2012 - 12:27 am

Shane ain’t no Rachel Maddow neither.

14. #14 by brewski on February 12, 2012 - 6:57 pm

Maddow is a girl?

15. #15 by Larry Bergan on February 12, 2012 - 7:35 pm

brewski:

You might have me there, but Maddow has guts and the Steinbeck prize. AND she has a name!

16. #16 by brewski on February 12, 2012 - 7:43 pm

Maddow should have the privilege to speak in public revoked. She deliberately lies and misleads. She is a two bit partisan hack. She has no business doing any job. She is a sorry excuse for a talking head. Nothing she says is ever remotely true.

17. #17 by cav on February 12, 2012 - 7:47 pm

You wouldn’t know a partisan hack when he’s staring you squarely in the eyes from the mirror.

18. #18 by cav on February 12, 2012 - 7:48 pm

‘He’ being graciously presumed here.

19. #19 by brewski on February 12, 2012 - 8:13 pm

Baloney,
    I disagree with other conservatives on all kids of issues.

Maddow is a jack booted anthem singing card carrying authoritarian worshipping partisan pawn.

20. #20 by cav on February 12, 2012 - 8:29 pm

Then its the sauce! We’ll be praying for ya Bro’.

21. #21 by cav on February 12, 2012 - 8:32 pm

Again: The word ‘bro’ is presumptive. The baqnks will be open again tomorrow morning. 10 sharp.

22. #22 by cav on February 12, 2012 - 8:33 pm