Is George Zimmerman Some Kinda 007? Is ALEC?

I think the police are sick and tired of being called racist or against people who are falling through the cracks in the “Cops” show. I believe the overwhelming majority of police are doing an impossible job – incredibly.

Who released the Zimmerman booking video? The police.

Sure there’s a lot of violence caused by desperate people; some of whom are probably just trying to feed their children in America.

Watch this video, (if it lasts), and tell me what you think:

Who made the best case here: Bill and Van, or the republican strategists?

In case you don’t know who or what “ALEC” is, let me refer you to a pretty good post I did on it earlier.

ALEC made the law that killed who I think is an innocent young man. Poor white people carrying Skittles or empty Marijuana bags are no safer, (well, they might be. :)). The media is willing to put up old mug shots of Zimmerman which make him look overweight and vulnerable; WHY?

I think this is a turning point for the unfair drug laws and whatnot. I think I have a right to an opinion too, but we’ll see.

Zimmerman killed a guy! If he’d killed a dog in Florida, he’d be in jail. Let’s have a trial and find out what happened!

1. #1 by Richard Warnick on April 1, 2012 - 8:39 pm

The media is willing to put up old mug shots of Zimmerman … WHY?

The police released a 2005 mug shot because there’s no new mug shot, because he didn’t get arrested this time. The media have since found more recent pictures.

The photos we’ve seen of a 12-year-old Martin don’t resemble a recent Twitter photo of a 6-foot 17-year-old, either. Michelle Malkin’s smear attempt backfired when she posted a photo of another guy with the same name.

All I heard the Republicans say was let’s have a trial first, verdict afterward.

Let’s hope this will give “stand your ground” laws the bad name they deserve. Bill Maher’s map (unlike one I saw on MSNBC) correctly does not include Utah as a “stand your ground” state.

Condi Rice had a speechwriter? Who wants to legalize marijuana?

2. #2 by Larry Bergan on April 1, 2012 - 9:39 pm

Richard quotes:

Who wants to legalize marijuana?

I DO!

Marijuana has been used to criminalize people who aren’t criminals. Where is the good in jailing people who would rather work?

The media is using this young mans use of pot as a reason to write him off.

I smoked Marijuana for 35 years and have worked harder then any recipient of his dad’s wealth.

I have no proof. :(

3. #3 by Richard Warnick on April 2, 2012 - 10:06 am

In context, I was expressing surprise that Condi Rice’s former speechwriter wants to legalize marijuana, which is what she says in the video. ;-)

4. #4 by Larry Bergan on April 2, 2012 - 1:56 pm

I’m relieved to know I misunderstood your stance on marijuana, Richard. I’m sure ALEC has a stake in keeping it illegal for the sake of their for-profit prison industry.

I hope a big national trial in this case will expose ALEC to the vast majority of Americans who have no idea how much the organization has damaged our country. I wonder if the attorney general of Florida told the police department to lay off Zimmerman for that very reason.

5. #5 by Richard Warnick on April 2, 2012 - 2:30 pm

As a former libertarian, I retain some of my old political positions. If I’m not mistaken, a lot of Ron Paul’s grassroots support comes from the movement to legalize pot. Meanwhile, the Obama administration is throwing away votes on this issue.

6. #6 by Larry Bergan on April 2, 2012 - 6:23 pm

People around the world are tired of the failed policies of “the drug war”. You never hear the phrase, “lock them up and throw away the key anymore”, because it’s not a winning stance. The country is simply insane for doing the same thing over, and over for seventy plus years, but I think the debt controversy has finally got people to wonder why we’re still spending money on this.

7. #7 by Larry Bergan on April 2, 2012 - 6:26 pm

Yeah, Obama blew it when he made a joke about the people who made the legalization of pot the number one issue on his website. I never have understood why Clinton and now Obama just keep getting us deeper and deeper into this mess.

8. #8 by cav on April 2, 2012 - 7:31 pm

Larry, if all the petty criminals and unlucky ‘heads’ weren’t jailed up, the job stats would be more hideous than they are now. If they ever develop robot prison guards, they’ll have to jail the present-day guards for vagrancy or some other jacked-up ‘offense’.

It’s also why they can’t end the wars. It IS the economy!

9. #9 by Larry Bergan on April 2, 2012 - 8:48 pm

Sorry for the late notice, but a documentary on the author of “To Kill a Mockingbird” is going to be on PBS at nine!

How timely!

10. #10 by Larry Bergan on April 2, 2012 - 8:51 pm

Cav:

I think you may be right about the economy. It’s the only thing that makes any sense. The Bank of America is having a bad year though and they are in this drug war BIG. Interesting to see how things will pan out.

11. #11 by Larry Bergan on April 2, 2012 - 11:30 pm

WOW!

The video is already gone?

Because of “spam, scams, and commercial deceptive content? Well I’ll just be damned.

The part of Bill Maher’s show that stood out for me was that one of the two republicans on the show tried to justify the shooting death by saying that there were many more highway deaths then shooting deaths. Bill Maher, correctly, is incensed by the stupid and nonsensical association made by an idiot.

Maybe there should be an investigation as to why YouTube actually took the video down.

12. #12 by brewski on April 2, 2012 - 11:48 pm

The alleged Republicans represented gave an idiotic answer. On the other hand, the question was idiotic. The only right answer is for the facts of the case to be thoroughly investigated and any crimes should be prosecuted. If the local police and DA can’t do it then the state police or Feds could get involved, subject to jurisdictional legalities. So, yes, sure, it sure as hell looks like the Hispanic guy killed the black guy without good reason. But I wasn’t there, you weren’t there, so that is why we have investigators. Bill Maher is acting like the racist jury in To Kill a Mockingbird and wants to hang the Hispanic guy without a trial. I thought we learned that lesson a long time ago. Not surprising coming from a misogynist.

I lived not all that far from where the Rodney King incident took place. Yes the police used excessive force and should have been convicted of that crime. But there is a whole other story about that night including the 106mph car chase on the Foothill Freeway, not following police instructions, etc. Sure, none of that means he deserves to get beaten like that, but what the fuck was he thinking? I can tell you that when I got pulled over by the LAPD it was nothing but yes sir and no sir from me.

13. #13 by Larry Bergan on April 3, 2012 - 12:23 am

brewski:

This “Hispanic guy” seems to have a license to kill. I’m glad you support an arrest and a fair trial by jury.

This must happen.

14. #14 by Larry Bergan on April 3, 2012 - 12:31 am

Here’s another video which should be watched before it disappears.

I’m going to have to watch it later, but the premise is enticing; to say the least.

Imagine a television station which gave a truly fair and balanced report. what would we call it? PBS?

15. #15 by Larry Bergan on April 3, 2012 - 12:37 am

The great triumph of “To Kill a Mockingbird” was the same triumph of Stanley Kubrick’s movies. You walked out with more questions then answers in your head.

16. #16 by Larry Bergan on April 3, 2012 - 12:46 am

And, of course, George Galloway gets elected in Britain. The times, they are a changin’.

About damned time!

17. #17 by brewski on April 3, 2012 - 1:08 am

I didn’t use the word arrest. I said investigation. An arrest is only made after probable cause has been established for charges to be filed. Investigations go on for a long time without an arrest. You and your lefty brethren seem to love a police state with unlimited powers to detain when an investigation has not been conducted yet. So much for the constitution. But you people never did like the constitution since it gets in the way of your Statist goals.

Galloway will get about as far as Kucinich.

18. #18 by brewski on April 3, 2012 - 9:47 pm

Reality vs how the world gets lied to by NBC:

(Reuters) – NBC News apologized on Tuesday for the way it edited a broadcast of a conversation between George Zimmerman and a police dispatcher before teenager Trayvon Martin was killed by Zimmerman.

Last week Fox News did a report in which it presented “before” and “after” versions of the call. NBC had broadcast the edited exchange on its flagship “Today” morning show.

NBC News launched an investigation after the Fox report.

“During our investigation it became evident that there was an error made in the production process that we deeply regret,” NBC News representative Lauren Kapp said in a statement on Tuesday, in response to a query by Reuters. “We will be taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening in the future and apologize to our viewers.”

The February 26 shooting death of 17-year-old Martin by Zimmerman, 28, a neighborhood watch captain who said he acted in self-defense, has drawn international attention. The incident occurred in Sanford, Florida.

The Fox News report can be viewed on the website of the News Corp unit.

The “Today” show’s segment ran as:

“Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.”
    The full conversation ran as:

“Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
    Dispatcher: OK, and this guy – is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.”

NBC News is owned by NBC Universal, a unit of Comcast Corp.

(Reporting By Yinka Adegoke; Editing by Richard Chang)

19. #19 by cav on April 3, 2012 - 10:13 pm

What kind of slutish whore could dare edit such a clear depiction of absolute innocence? And why? If not to hoodwink the lame-brained liberal ni*clang* lovers.

20. #20 by Larry Bergan on April 3, 2012 - 11:11 pm

brewski starts his comment with:

Reality vs how the world gets lied to by NBC:

NBC is owned by somebody. I know it used to be, or is still is owned by the largest weapons manufacturer in world history: GE.

They ALL lie to us brewski. Did you watch the Frontline episode I linked to above? There’s more truth in that one show then in an entire year of anything reported on the alphabet channels or cable.

Please comment on the Frontline show and Fox “news”.

21. #21 by Larry Bergan on April 3, 2012 - 11:16 pm

Britain kicked our buts with their response to our Rock n’ Roll, and now they’re kicking our buts in – real – journalism and justice.

I’m tired of this!

Are we going to be Rupert Murdock’s safe haven?

22. #22 by brewski on April 4, 2012 - 1:58 pm

Larry, if they all lie to us then why do you and Richard post factually erroneous rants by Maddow, Olbermann, et al. from MSNBC? You buy their lies as though they are fact.

23. #23 by brewski on April 4, 2012 - 2:01 pm

Frontline, brought to you by the good moral honest people at Goldman Sachs.

So if your point is that NBC is just like Fox, then I agree.

24. #24 by Larry Bergan on April 4, 2012 - 8:52 pm

Maddow and Olberman are exceptions to the rule and I’m still not sure why they have or had a show.

So you think Frontline can be compared to Fox? Do you notice that Frontline doesn’t have any screen crawlers, logos, stock market reports, weather reports, or any other fancy graphic distractions. They actually want you to listen to the story which is factual.

It’s sad that Americans wouldn’t know the truth from a hole in the ground these days.

25. #25 by brewski on April 4, 2012 - 9:01 pm

Maddow makes verifiable objective intentional misstatements of fact on a daily basis. She has the credibility of a banana slug.

26. #26 by Richard Warnick on April 5, 2012 - 9:52 am

brewski–

Rachel Maddow occasionally makes factual errors, which she never fails to correct as soon as possible. There is a difference between that, and “Intentional misstatements.”

You’re always short of examples when you make this accusation. I can provide lots of examples of Faux News Channel errors – which they almost never correct on-air. They are the channel that intentionally distorts the truth on a daily basis.

30 reasons why Fox News is not legit

27. #27 by Larry Bergan on April 5, 2012 - 5:57 pm

brewski:

I just about wretch every time I see David Koch’s name canonized at the start of every PBS “Nova” episode. Philanthropy started out as a scam to make Rockefeller look better to the public and it marches on today because it was a roaring success.

Nova has been a wonderful science program for decades and I’m quite sure a Koch thug had nothing to do with that, but PBS has to get it’s money from somewhere and nobody else has any. If somebody ever finds out that Koch is calling any of the shots in Nova’s science reporting, he should be shackled.

28. #28 by Larry Bergan on April 5, 2012 - 6:01 pm

We also shouldn’t forget the $500,000.000, (I believe it was), that PBS got from McDonald’s. I’m thinking PBS isn’t going to get a red cent from Rupert Murdock under his mafia-like reward and punishment system, but who knows.

29. #29 by brewski on April 5, 2012 - 6:07 pm

I have provided examples before.

If Maddow was to correct her intentional misstatements of objective fact, then she would need to devote half of each show apologizing for her previous show. She might as well have the words “DNC Talking Points Fax Reader” tattooed on her forehead.

You are officially part of the 7% lunatic fringe.

30. #30 by Larry Bergan on April 5, 2012 - 6:34 pm

brewski:

A Suffolk university poll reported by hyscience is being taken seriously. I don’t trust ANY polls these days unless I can at least see how the questions were framed and I’d be willing to bet that you have never heard of that polling organization before now.

Additional commentary by “Accuracy in Media”? That’s the biggest knee slapper. I’ll go with “Media Matters” any day over what should be called ‘Media Minders“.

31. #31 by Richard Warnick on April 5, 2012 - 9:37 pm

brewski–

On tonight’s show, Rachel Maddow issued a correction. Last night she pointed out that Rick Santorum’s indignant accusation that none of the University of California campuses taught a course in American history was wrong, because 7 of the 8 UC schools actually teach American history. All except the medical school. Tonight she had to admit she was in error, because it turns out the medical school also has history courses on the curriculum.

Santorum’s campaign manager was a guest on the show last night, and he promised a correction from the campaign that hasn’t been issued yet.

32. #32 by brewski on April 5, 2012 - 9:39 pm

Media Matters how about as much credibility as Pravda and Granma. Please tell me you are joking.

33. #33 by brewski on April 5, 2012 - 9:41 pm

I fall over laughing in hysterics watching Maddow. I am most amazed at how she keeps a straight face while knowingly making shit up. Pretty impressive.

34. #34 by Larry Bergan on April 5, 2012 - 10:28 pm

brewski:

David Brock has a name; others don’t. They know who they are.

Brock did his Mea culpa in a book called “Blinded By The Right”, before starting “Media Matters”. It was one of the bravest acts made by any American.

What have you done?

35. #35 by cav on April 6, 2012 - 12:24 am

The piece Rachel just did on the illegal GOP totalitarian state formerly known as Michigan, reflecting GOP disdain for and refusal to heed the legitimacy of the rule of law and elected authority is blatantly, transparently illegal and really cracks brewski up.

Humorous it ain’t.

36. #36 by Larry Bergan on April 6, 2012 - 12:43 am

On Michigan:

Interesting how the creativity of the people can persuade the powers:

37. #37 by brewski on April 6, 2012 - 8:32 am

38. #38 by brewski on April 6, 2012 - 8:42 am

Maddow:

“Despite what you may have heard about Wisconsin’s finances, Wisconsin is on track to have a budget surplus this year.”

Politifact: False

Maddow:

Fox News “said the New Black Panther Party decided the election for Barack Obama.”

Politifact: False

Maddow:

“President Bush never did one interview with the New York Times during his entire presidency.”

Politifact: False

Maddow:

Gov. Sarah Palin “got precisely zero support for her call for Alaska’s Democratic Senator Mark Begich to resign because Ted Stevens’ corruption conviction was overturned.”

Politifact: False

Obama:

If the Supreme Court throws out the federal health care law, it “would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress.”

Politifact: False

39. #39 by Richard Warnick on April 6, 2012 - 9:49 am

brewski provided no links, as usual. So here we go:

Politifact #1:

Maddow and others making the claim all cite the same source for their information — a Jan. 31, 2011 memo prepared by Robert Lang, the director of the nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau.

It includes this line: “Our analysis indicates a general fund gross balance of $121.4 million and a net balance of $56.4 million.”

If the fine print contradicts the claim of a surplus, as Politifact says, then it seems to me Robert Lang made the misstatement.

Politifact #2:

Rachel, in an interview with David Letterman, said this about Faux News:

“They ran dozens and dozens and dozens of stories about the New Black Panther Party, which was one guy who braided his beard in Philadelphia and who didn’t have an organization, yelling on a street corner. They represented that story as if that is the guy who decided the election. That was fake.”

Clearly not meant literally. But the facts are correct.

Politifact #3:

OK, three interviews. In 8 years.

Politifact #4:

No one in Alaska’s three-person congressional delegation — made up of Begich and two Republicans — supported the calls for Begich to resign and a special election to be held, the Anchorage Daily News and the political news site Hotline reported on April 3, 2009.

Therefore Maddow was correct.

All this is typical nit-picking by Politifact. Right-wing politicians and media are HUGE liars on a daily basis. Progressives occasionally exaggerate a little or cite a source that turns out to be wrong. But Politifact is hungry for so-called “balance,” so they put progressives under a microscope and look at the right through the wrong end of a telescope — that’s their idea of “balance.”

40. #40 by cav on April 6, 2012 - 10:17 am

Links are for breakfast and sissies.

41. #41 by cav on April 6, 2012 - 10:46 am

Or go to youtube and plug in this: “To a Contemporary Bunkshooter,” by Carl Sandburg – Poem Read by DJB

42. #42 by Larry Bergan on April 6, 2012 - 7:27 pm

I’m thinking Carl Sandburg didn’t care much for Billy Sunday. :)

I wonder where Billy Graham mostly got his style from. It’s amazing they used to put his rants on prime time television.

43. #43 by Larry Bergan on April 6, 2012 - 7:30 pm

Sorry brewski, when I got to the part about comparing George W. Bush with John Kennedy, I couldn’t read any further. Especially when they compare election fraud in Chicago with the nationwide theft the happens these days.

44. #44 by cav on April 6, 2012 - 9:14 pm

The Grand Rapids Lip-Dub video was one wacka-doodle tour of GR. Thanks.

45. #45 by brewski on April 6, 2012 - 10:55 pm

Richard,
    You have used Politifact as a source to me before, so you can’t cite it as an authority one day, then dismiss it the next. Oh wait, your are a brain dead lefty, yes you can.

46. #46 by Larry Bergan on April 7, 2012 - 8:14 pm

brewski:

Politifact has to be right occasionally or they wouldn’t have ANY credibility.

cav:

I love that video!

47. #47 by brewski on April 7, 2012 - 10:06 pm

Yes, Politifact is right that Maddow just makes shit up.

48. #48 by Larry Bergan on April 7, 2012 - 11:44 pm

brewski:

Concerning “making shit up”:

Does WMD mean anything to you?

Maddow hasn’t killed anyone. ALEC has!

49. #49 by Larry Bergan on April 7, 2012 - 11:56 pm

The stupid Texan’s described by Eisenhower put us into this mess because they wanted the power to make all the greenbacks their hearts desired.

Since Saddam had so much oil, he probably had a big influence over how things would go with the worlds currency. I only know what I read on the internet and I don’t trust the media because they refuse to cover our broken elections.

I think our soldiers have the right to know what they’re really fighting for; not indoctrinated by Rush Limbaugh’s very large ass and heroin addiction.

50. #50 by brewski on April 8, 2012 - 9:17 am

Larry,
    Does Maddow habitually lie? Yes or no?

51. #51 by Larry Bergan on April 8, 2012 - 9:42 am

brewski/noname says:

Does Maddow habitually lie? Yes or no?

Definitely No!

Limbaugh?

Definitely Yes!

The only reason I even respond to you is because you’re a pretty good troll.

52. #52 by brewski on April 8, 2012 - 4:06 pm

Larry, please re-read. Which part of False is confusing?

Maddow:

Politifact: False

Maddow:

Politifact: False

Maddow:

Politifact: False

Maddow:

Politifact: False

53. #53 by Larry Bergan on April 8, 2012 - 4:31 pm

As I said above; Politifact has to be right occasionally or they wouldn’t have ANY credibility.

You’ve only given me four dubious examples which I’m not sure are even true.

Suffer1

54. #54 by cav on April 8, 2012 - 6:09 pm

No one but Rachel is talking about how Michigan is now a tiny little Dictatorship right in the Middle of the country!

55. #55 by brewski on April 9, 2012 - 8:16 am

Larry, you are the definition of a Koolaide drinker.

56. #56 by cav on April 9, 2012 - 8:56 am

It seems as if any attempt at compromise is going to be nothing more than die-hard ‘powers’ continuing efforts to move us still further to the right.

Grew up on Koolaid – it was / is (?) the Murkin beverage of choice.