We Never Conceived of Billion Dollar Babies

Like Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan because they looked just like humans.

1. #1 by Larry Bergan on August 14, 2012 - 1:36 am

Brats in battalions were ruling the streets.

2. #2 by Larry Bergan on August 16, 2012 - 3:25 pm

I was once on a bowling team called “billion dollar babies”. Couldn’t bowl worth a shit, but I always showed up.

3. #3 by Larry Bergan on August 28, 2012 - 12:22 am

Alice Cooper was the band of esoteric revolution.

Never advocated violence and couldn’t be understood by anyone, but the music forced you to think.

Try out “Love It To Death”, or ” Killer”.

4. #4 by Larry Bergan on August 28, 2012 - 12:45 am

When I was a kid, a million dollars was more money then you could imagine. This album was probably the first time I heard the term; billion.

A thousand billion is probably comedic by anybody’s terms, but here we are.

END WAR!

5. #6 by cav on August 28, 2012 - 8:17 am

I didn’t have so much trouble imagining a million dollars – after all John Bears Fertipton used to give that much away on his weekly television show.

I think that is why they got into billions. Soon after followed yb trillions and lately I’ve even begun to see gazillions!

Apparently Google ™ has effectively removed ‘google’ from the LARGE number pallet.

Oh, and then there’s this cartoon:

6. #7 by Larry Bergan on August 28, 2012 - 3:17 pm

I once worked with a WWII veteran who recounted a story about overhearing a conversation where some stateside prick was beaming about how war was bad, “but we sure made a lot of money”. I’ll never forget the look on my coworkers face when he told that story.

7. #8 by Larry Bergan on August 28, 2012 - 3:27 pm

brewski:

I was grossly disappointed in Alice’s work after “Welcome to My Nightmare”. Bought a couple of albums, but always thought it was a huge mistake for the original band to break up. I’ve been aware of Alice’s right leanings for years. Too bad he’s defending nutcases like Jan Brewer.

I still like to read about what he’s up to, but he should really avoid politics.

8. #9 by Larry Bergan on September 1, 2012 - 2:38 am

9. #10 by Larry Bergan on September 1, 2012 - 3:03 am

To quote myself:

Try out “Love It To Death”, or ” Killer”

But, also, try out “School’s Out”. Mostly based on the best American musical, “West Side Story”.