Facebook’s Abuse Reporting Moderation System IS Broken ( SUCKS! )

November 3th, Facebook blocked me for “7 days,” for a comment I made on Utah Clean Politics post.  I wrote about it here.

Blocked for this???

Are Facebook censors as illiterate as whiny Republicans?
Screen Capture 11-5-12

Can someone find a violation of Facebook’s ‘Community Standards in the above comment?

I think Facebook’s moderation algorithm might have a limited vocabulary or just a really serious problem.

Screen Capture 11-5-12

20 days later, I am still blocked.

, , , , , , , , ,

1. #1 by cav on November 24, 2012 - 3:47 pm

All’s I can think is that “Face-book” has screeners that divert comments if they contain particular words. Words like, ‘commie’, and republican.

Really, nothing else comes to mind.

2. #2 by Larry Bergan on November 24, 2012 - 4:26 pm

They’re thinking about unleashing robotic soldiers who can kill without direct human input.

3. #3 by cav on November 24, 2012 - 7:59 pm

Bot on bot action I got no problem with. It’s the collateral wedding party or ten – pink spray or splat – I have very little tolerance of.

4. #4 by Larry Bergan on November 24, 2012 - 8:24 pm

Bot on bot.

Why not? As long as we have the advantage.

Otherwise; No deal!

5. #5 by Richard Warnick on November 25, 2012 - 12:10 pm

It’s a Facebook world, we just live in it. I have never visited Facebook’s site, but I have a Facebook profile because you need one to comment on some political blogs now. :-(

6. #6 by Mark Hilgenbergt on December 3, 2012 - 6:48 pm

Has anyone been able to call FB? I know in the Utah open FB group we haven’t had many problems since we “closed” the group . (meaning only those in the group could see posts and report.)

7. #7 by Droner in Chief on December 3, 2012 - 8:04 pm

Probably blocked you because they know who you are, and what you stand for, in other words, they have got your number for sure,

Feels good being censored huh? couldn’t happen to a more deserving person

Karma or something like that

8. #8 by cav on December 3, 2012 - 8:08 pm

Ha!

9. #9 by Droner in Chief on December 3, 2012 - 8:36 pm

Queue the violins, cry us a river Cliffy! (laugh)

10. #10 by cav on December 4, 2012 - 7:37 pm

Nano-violins even! How novel.

11. #12 by brewski on February 15, 2013 - 4:50 pm

Coming from the man who is against tax reform.

Priceless.