A Million Popular Votes For Obama In Dispute

Well, at least on two popular blogs.

Politico reports the popular vote was:

Obama – 62,611,250
Romney – 59,134,475

The Huffington Post reports:

Obama – 65,036,657
Romney – 60,535,589

Neither blog gives the amount of popular votes Obama won by so I had to drag out my calculator which tells me:

Politico reports that Obama won by 3,476,775 votes.
Huffpost reports that Obama won by 4,501,068 votes.
The difference being 1,024,293.

Politico’s blog page says it was “Last Updated 11/29/12 3:59 PM ET” and I couldn’t find a declaration of when Huffington Post’s blog page was last updated. It seems very unlikely that a million plus votes were tabulated for Obama in the last nine days. Did Huffpo goof and forget to update the page?

Can’t we just know how much Obama won by?

1. #1 by Droner in Chief on December 8, 2012 - 10:29 pm

Honestly who cares? the entire election process is a fraud, and we now stand with 10,000 troops waiting to invade Syria, god I gotta say, the transformation of obama into bush and the dark side is now complete, what a bunch of maroons that re-elected this guy

Well you have him, Larry can you keep making ‘scuses for obama drone murder terrorist behavior? Please? We need to feel safe, makes us safe from the bad man Larry, say something that isn’t true so we can all feel better,

2. #2 by Larry Bergan on December 9, 2012 - 12:10 am

Did somebody say something?

If Obama succeeds in raising taxes on the 2% by a tiny percentage, it will bring down the whole shebang of cowardly pledgers to Grover-the-unshaven and Bozell-the-clown.

Just two among stadiums of fools who are wreaking their own nest.

Personally, I’m buying enough popcorn to get me through the show.

3. #3 by Richard Warnick on December 9, 2012 - 11:19 am

Ten thousand U.S. Maroons aren’t going to invade Syria. The reason for this is classified, so I’ll put it in code: N-O-O-I-L.

4. #4 by Larry Bergan on December 9, 2012 - 12:04 pm

But Richard: there wasn’t any of that in Viet Nam either. Money to be made, abounds!

Jobs!

5. #5 by Mike Murphy on December 11, 2012 - 11:33 am

The illegal alien slid by with less votes than any prior incumbent. Goes to show the slight majority of voters are less and less informed. Had they informed themselves he’d have lost in a landslide. There is no mandate and Republicans held the House. Thus the public elected a divided government.

Here’s some empirical evidence supporting the fact that increasing the tax rate is will not achieve the intended results, unless the intent is further destruction of the US economy:

Lesson From UK: Tax Hike on Wealthy Lowers Revenue

One side wants to rein in entitlements to deal with the budget deficit. The other side insists that any such moves be accompanied by higher taxes on the wealthy.

That may sound like the ongoing fiscal battle in Washington, but actually describes the situation in Britain.

The difference is that Britain has already raised taxes on the wealthy, with a telling result: The government actually lost revenue.

In the 2009-2010 tax year in Britain, more than 16,000 people reported annual income of more than 1 million pounds (equal to about $1.6 million today). Then in 2010, Prime Minister Gordon Brown, a member of the Labour Party, introduced a new 50 percent top income tax rate for high-income earners. After that, the number of people reporting income of at least 1 million pounds fell to 6,000.

“It is believed that rich Britons moved abroad or took steps to avoid paying the new levy by reducing their taxable incomes,” The Telegraph reported.

Harriet Baldwin, a Conservative member of Parliament, said: “Labour’s ideological tax hike led to a tax cull of millionaires.”

Instead of raising revenue, the tax hike cost the U.K. 7 billion pounds ($11.2 billion) in lost revenue — and that in an economy one-quarter the size of America’s.

Now the government of Conservative Party Prime Minister David Cameron has announced that it will lower the top rate from 50 percent to 45 percent, a move the Labour Party officials have called a “tax cut for millionaires.”

In ongoing budget talks, Conservatives want to freeze out-of-work benefits, which are set to rise with inflation, while liberals in the government “will only allow the benefits freeze if taxes on the rich are increased,” according to The Telegraph.

Democrats in the United States might note that since Cameron’s government announced the lower top rate, the number of Britons reporting income of at least 1 million pounds has risen to 10,000.

6. #6 by cav on December 11, 2012 - 1:01 pm

When the ‘supremely’ wealthy could not swing the election of rMoney, we should have been tipped off that even if we were to tax them all at even 98%, it wouldn’t even dent the deficit.

How could we be so blind?

7. #7 by cav on December 11, 2012 - 1:20 pm

“…if we focus on the current real problems, the imagined future ones might just take care of themselves.”

8. #8 by Larry Bergan on December 11, 2012 - 6:26 pm

There is no mandate and Republicans held the House.

9. #9 by Ronald D. Hunt on December 12, 2012 - 4:47 pm

Mike,

You only have s tiny part of the British story, the politics of revenue and spending their are far more complex and you are completely disregarding many nuances of their last 4 years, the London protests that shut down the city for several weeks and double dip in their recession from cuts they have made. Also the tory party is running a very unstable government achieving majority only by a coalition government formed with the help of the liberal party by means promises, that have been broken fyi(avt+ voting, and college discounts).

“More votes went to put Democrats back in charge of the house, but gerrymandering gave phony results.”

The gerrymandering was much more extreme then I had originally thought.

Their is more then one State where democrats had 51-60% of the vote but only barely have over 25% of the house seats.

The current republican house can’t be referred to as a legitimate branch of the government under the current situation.

10. #10 by Larry Bergan on December 12, 2012 - 6:41 pm

Ronald:

Thanks for the link!

If this election proved anything, it exposed the fact that Republicans cheated on every possible level. Something has got to be done about this mess.

11. #11 by Mike Murphy on December 13, 2012 - 10:31 am

Ronald: Republicans cheated? Come on. If that were the case we wouldn’t have an illegal alien in the White House with the worst presidential record in history. Democrat/Communists ALWAYS cheat so that’s no big surprise. For every vile deed (lying, cheating, etc…) perpetrated by Republicans there are at least ten times that number of egregious acts by the Democrat/Communists. The fact is the emphasis remains directed toward scandalous Republicans thanks to a liberal media.

If people would open their eyes to what is happening around the world, and especially Europe they would catch a glimpse into our own future here in the US. It’s just basic economics. We can’t continue running trillion dollar deficits year after year and remain solvent. With the Democrat/Communists unwilling to consider entitlement reform we are headed for disaster. They can’t put entitlements on the table because that would alienate a huge chunk of their constituency: labor, illegals, minorities and the entitlement class. Rather, the plan is to keep printing money as a means of retaining control and eventually destroying our economy from the inside. It’s all right out of the Communist agenda.

Take a look at Romania. The country’s center-right electorate is now shifting leftward in reaction to the pain imposed by austerity measures that were the price of an EU/IMF bailout. Same thing is happening in France, Spain, Italy, Greece, the UK. People refuse to face the consequences of the enormous debt burden imposed by entitlements. Rather, they choose to elect politicians who offer little more than empty promises to make it all go away.

The sad fact of the matter is the majority is uninformed, misinformed, distracted, lazy and expects others to provide what they should provide for themselves.

12. #12 by Cliff Lyon on December 13, 2012 - 2:34 pm

Dear Mike Murphy,

As you know, your comment tell us you are an authoritarian personality with a better education than most which suggests some sort of pathology as so many of your facts are wrong. eg. Obama is NOT an illegal alien and there is no such thing as “an entitlement class.”

I could prove myself right is your were Googlable. Unfortunately, your name is as common as pig tracks from which we can only deduce, you come from poor Irish Catholic farmers with notoriously little regard for education and other dark-skinned American and even less imagination when naming the little spuds.

Please forward your CV.

Thanks
    Cliff

13. #13 by Mike Murphy on December 13, 2012 - 4:38 pm

Cliff Lyon :
    Dear Mike Murphy,

Please forward your CV.
    Thanks
    Cliff

Cliff- You’d like that wouldn’t you? Would you like my DOB and SSN also? Still fuming over my posts and want to have the illegal alien’s jackbooted thugs pull me out of my bed and throw me in one of your FEMA camps? You don’t matter and your ‘articles’ are pathetic excuses for journalism. I choose a non-public life, unlike yourself, and my personal information is none of your business.

Humorous that you accuse me of what you yourself in fact are: authoritarian. Was I the one posting an article advocating the forceful disarmament of millions and interning them in government camps against their will? I’m laughing at your hypocrisy. Seems you would have been better served majoring in history rather than useless philosophy.

My education is better than most I suppose but aside from graduate degrees I’m well read in a broad spectrum of topics. Can you truthfully state you’ve read both Dreams From My Father and No Apology? I very much doubt it.

Good to know you’re wasting your precious time Googling my name. Aside from your short bio on this forum I know nothing about you and don’t care, because you don’t matter. My umbrage is piqued when you maliciously misrepresent facts to suit a liberal narrative in an effort to further delude the masses to your lazy way of seeing the world.

I’ll throw out a few tidbits about me which given my opinions should have already been somewhat apparent:

I am a retired veteran
    I continue to serve the IC
    As part of my vetting I’ve repeatedly passed routine psych evals and full-scope polys – sorry, no “pathology” here Sherlock and nothing in my past with which to blackmail.
    I’m an active member of the LDS church
    I’m a county and state delegate
    I seek not for power, money or authority but rather to pull it down

The question I’m pondering regarding your role in things Cliff is whether you’re just a “useful idiot” or rather you fully understand the Democrat party, progressive-ism and modern liberalism are simply catch words for communism and their ideologies dovetail perfectly with the communist agenda?

I got my start in political activism in the Bay Area during the late ’70’s fighting the Equal Rights Amendment (phony women’s rights). More recently I worked in support of Prop 8, which passed by a large majority in ’08.

Lastly, I have an unshakable faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and the truthfulness of his gospel and restored church. You can fight against it all you want, but you’re only kicking against the pricks. I’m sorry you seem to have chosen the wrong path. It’s never too late, but at your age it may very well be that your conscience is seared.

14. #14 by Cliff Lyon on December 13, 2012 - 8:52 pm

Murphey,

That you proclaim “an unshakable faith in the Lord Jesus Christ” and call me a prick in the same sentence is a bit ironic dont you think?

That you invoke the right to be “non-public” and at the same time, attack me personally is, among respectable people, a pathetic demonstration of spinelessness. Nothin more, nothing less.

If you are afraid to expose your freakish views to your friends, I understand. But please dont expect me to respect you. Until you become Man Enough present yourself as a real person, you are a chicken-shit troll and we must assume, a liar.

15. #15 by Larry Bergan on December 13, 2012 - 10:11 pm

All I’m seeing from Murphy is extremely long winded black-is-white talking points from Limbaugh.

16. #16 by Mike Murphy on December 14, 2012 - 9:31 am

Cliff: Your reading comprehension skills are lacking. This may explain why your analysis of various topics you find online fall short of critical thought. WRT “pricks” this was a paraphrase from scripture and in this context you, Cliff would be the one kicking against them, a spiny plant, not a derogatory term for a jerk. Why must I explain this? Seems you are in fact quite ignorant of many things. Nice that you so eloquently display the hypocrisy of the Left: complain the other side is acting ‘un-Christian’ while calling them names and making hollow threats.

Our interaction began some time ago on FB. You had full access to my personal information there. You dragged me onto this forum via a link to your article you used as a ‘certified source’ supporting your argument regarding Israel’s ability to take care of itself; a very naive argument, especially for one who purportedly spent time there.

How very childish of you to demand more than my true name in order to defend your own viewpoints. Where is the correlation? Your ‘facts’ and ‘truth’ should stand on their own. Unfortunately there is no empirical evidence, fact or truth to support a positive outlook toward a modern liberal ideology.

If you feel your Krav Maga is superior to mine then name a place and time. It’s disappointing this forum for “loud political debate” tends to digress into juvenile playground antics. It’s always the case that once ones argument hits a brick wall that name calling and silly threats begin. How immature.

Larry: All I hear from you is lazy over simplification. Did your ADD kick in while reading my post? Sorry to keep you from Cartoon Network for a few minutes while you attempted to digest my discourse. During the next commercial break try reading it again, slowly, and maybe you’ll gain a bit more understanding. Maybe not.

17. #17 by Dronius Macksimus on December 14, 2012 - 9:49 am

Mike nails cliff right in the nuts, Krav Maga, hahah, just look to the octagon to see where hand to hand combat lives

18. #18 by Richard Warnick on December 14, 2012 - 10:09 am

Mike–

I’m curious why you equate the Democratic party with progressives, and why you think progressives are communists. Got any facts to back up your sweeping statements?