President Obama Tells David Gregory He Supports Republican Agenda

A gaffe is when a politician says something that’s true, even though it’s not a good idea to say it out loud.

Republicans “have had trouble saying yes to a number of repeated offers,” President Obama told David Gregory in an interview with NBC’s “Meet the Press” broadcast Sunday, discussing fiscal cliff talks.

The administration’s proposal for making permanent 98% of the Bush-Obama Tax Cuts For The Rich is part of “a pretty mainstream Republican agenda,” Obama said. The fact that many Republicans are opposing raising taxes on the remaining 2% “is an indication of how far certain factions inside the Republican Party have gone,” he added. “The offers that I’ve made to them have been so fair that a lot of Democrats get mad at me.”

Democrats are right to be angry. There is nothing fair about making tax cuts for the rich permanent, when they currently enjoy the lowest tax rates in 40 years, and then say that budget cuts on the rest of Americans are needed to reduce the deficit!

  1. #1 by Lyman Hall on December 30, 2012 - 7:31 pm

    “The offers that I’ve made to them have been so fair that a lot of Democrats get mad at me.”

    Does this mean that the Democratic Party is this anti-fairness party?

  2. #2 by cav on December 31, 2012 - 8:01 am

    Somehow Obama revelated them to stop counting new days on the calendar and THATS what stopped the Mayan Calendar from ending the world. It’ll stay 2012 forever and he’ll always be President. That was his plan all along.

    He’s a clever one, he is!

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: