Obama 2.0: ‘I’ll Never See This Again’

Inauguration
Sunrise this morning at the U.S. Capitol (UPI photo)

I’m enjoying the all-day MSNBC coverage of President Obama’s second inauguration, unlike Mitt Romney who says he won’t be watching today.

So far, it has been a refreshing does of patriotism, from the emotional Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir rendition of the “Battle Hymn of the Republic,” to the President’s call for equality for “our gay brothers and sisters.” And he promised, “We will respond to the threat of climate change, knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations.”

I think the President’s intentions are good, even though I often disagree with his decisions. I think he wants to do his best for the voters who entrusted him with the office for another four years. From today’s reporting:

Departing the West Front of the U.S. Capitol after delivering his second inaugural address on Monday, President Obama wanted to take one last glance of the hundreds of thousands of Americans gathered to celebrate his second term. After all, it would be his last.

“I want to take a look one more time,” Obama said, lingering for a few short moments to savor the view as the crowd shuffled past him. “I’ll never see this again.”

I don’t think he was referring to Justice Scalia’s Renaissance-style hat.

UPDATE:
Obama Pushes Back On ‘The 47 Percent’: Entitlements ‘Do Not Make Us A Nation Of Takers’

UPDATE:
Obama condemns ‘perpetual war’ during inaugural address

UPDATE:
12 Ways Obama Smacked Down the Tea Party and the Right in Inauguration Speech

UPDATE:
Media Identify Mainstream Positions As Part Of Obama’s “Liberal Agenda”

1. #1 by brewski on January 21, 2013 - 8:20 pm

The worst recovery in 80 years 2.0

The worst bill in the history of the USA 2.0

The most hypocritical president 2.0

4 more years of cronyism 2.0

Millions for the insiders and bundlers 2.0

Assault on the Constitution 2.0

The worst interpersonal relationship president ever 2.0

The biggest golfer 2.0

2. #2 by Richard Warnick on January 21, 2013 - 8:34 pm

Consider the alternative. We could have had to listen to Meatloaf singing the national anthem today. :-(

3. #3 by Larry Bergan on January 21, 2013 - 9:00 pm

Couldn’t find a “Justice Scalia’s Renaissance-style hat.” picture on your link, Richard.

I consider that to be a good thing.

It seems to be a very good resource for people who haven’t had a change to catch what happened there today.

Imagine climate change being taken seriously for once!

4. #4 by Larry Bergan on January 21, 2013 - 9:16 pm

If I were Mitt Romney and realized the entire world was glad I didn’t win, I wouldn’t be watching either.

I think Meatloaf’s presentation of the national anthem at the Romney rally was to embarrass Romney by forcing him to be the phony he is and pretend to like it. If I’m right, it worked perfectly.

5. #5 by Richard Warnick on January 21, 2013 - 9:32 pm

Here it is:

6. #6 by Larry Bergan on January 21, 2013 - 10:43 pm

Looks sort of photo-shopped, but I don’t think the one where he was chinning US with his hand was.

Either way, Scalia is a crook.

7. #7 by Richard Warnick on January 22, 2013 - 8:52 am

I watched the inauguration on live TV. That hat was real. He looks like one of the Borgias.

8. #8 by Larry Bergan on January 22, 2013 - 2:44 pm

Wow.

9. #10 by Larry Bergan on January 22, 2013 - 5:25 pm

Woops, at #3, I said:

I didn’t get a chance to watch any of the inaugural festivities until today and thought a place that had a lot of different videos would be a good place. The website had a lot of recent videos of this inauguration, but it was mixed in with some other ones.

I watched a video of Obama’s swearing in without noticing it was the one from 2009, thinking that Justice Roberts muffed the thing again. :)