I Guess “The Moody Blues” Need A Category Of Thier Own

Perhaps in a Hall of Fame somewhere in a child’s imagination or somewhere else:

Somehow a catolog of great music spanning decades doesn’t measure up to the Rock n’ Roll hall of fame.

If I were they, I would tell them to keep it!

I’m sure The Moodies don’t really want my input here. I once heard a horrible story about people in wheelchairs showing up at their concerts wanting to be healed.

All they were trying to do is enlighten us.

1. #1 by Larry Bergan on March 23, 2013 - 7:10 am

Even “Alice Cooper” can’t understand how this could happen.

What the hey?

2. #2 by Larry Bergan on March 23, 2013 - 8:24 am

Well DAMN!

I didn’t know I was linking to the entire album.

mp3′s were called albums in my day.

I have no way of knowing if England was trying to destroy America by making us more peaceful, but I would HIGHLY doubt it. Believe me! I was high on pot throughout the 70′s, 80′s, 90′s, and nearly half of the 2000′s until I got busted for not buying or selling my five Marijuana plants.

Worked like a bastard, (no offense to bastards), since I was 17 years old.

You will have to decide what happened after the election debacle of 2001 and 2004. It wasn’t good!

3. #3 by cav on March 23, 2013 - 8:52 am

Not many prayers going out with these guys providing the spiritual backing.

4. #4 by brewski on March 23, 2013 - 9:04 am

Larry, stay away from the bad acid.

5. #5 by Larry Bergan on March 23, 2013 - 9:29 am

cav: Interesting video.

brewski: Even if a scored a tab of LSD, I wouldn’t change my name. Wouldn’t occur to me to do that.

For those who didn’t catch it, brewski tried to change his name on this blog recently.

Shapeshifting is popular with some.

6. #6 by Larry Bergan on March 25, 2013 - 12:00 pm

I’m still not sure why The Moody Blues have not been recognized by the Hall of Fame.

Was it because they tried to introduce an orchestra into their music the only way they could afford, (the mellowtron)? The mellowtron was a device that was hooked up to a keyboard which would play a loop of orchestral sounds which came out sounding like a fake orchestra from a science fiction movie, but I still love the sound.

Apparently, Somebody was impressed by the music the Moodies were doing and decided to intersperse a real orchestra with the mellowtron on their breakthrough album called “Day’s of Future Passed”

It wasn’t as if the Moodies were the first or only band to use orchestration in their music.

Buddy Holly did it before them. Procol Harum also did it. Hell, even Deep Purple produced an entire album using an orchestra.

So what’s the problem with giving this great band a place in the R & R hall of fame?

7. #7 by Larry Bergan on March 25, 2013 - 12:02 pm

brewski:

You really need to score some acid, take it, and reflect on your life.

8. #8 by brewski on March 25, 2013 - 3:33 pm

How about the recorder, man!

9. #9 by Larry Bergan on March 25, 2013 - 4:50 pm

I love Canned Heat!

I was in an electronics store in the seventies trying to buy a part I needed. I wasn’t trying to scare anyone, but for some reason I played this song to the clerk from my little recorder:

I felt like I wasn’t welcome after that.

10. #10 by brewski on March 25, 2013 - 8:09 pm

You are like a walking Cheech and Chong parody.

11. #11 by Larry Bergan on March 25, 2013 - 8:57 pm

Come on brewski.

Be a rebel.

Chong spent time in prison because he was illegally entrapped. The people who entrapped him never served a for a minute.

You don’t even live in this country, do you?

12. #12 by Larry Bergan on March 25, 2013 - 9:24 pm

Thanks for the music though. Not bad.

Brings back memories.

13. #13 by brewski on March 25, 2013 - 10:10 pm

If you like orchestration, then this kicks ass:

BTW, I’ve kept all my vinyl.

14. #14 by Larry Bergan on March 25, 2013 - 10:17 pm

I already pointed out Procol Harum above. I have the live symphony orchestra album, and Salty Dog.

I treasure both of them.

15. #15 by brewski on March 26, 2013 - 8:48 am

This is also pretty orchestrated:

I saw The Who and The Clash together at the LA Colosseum in 1983. Just me and 100,000 of my closest friends. Pretty fucking awesome.

16. #16 by Larry Bergan on March 26, 2013 - 7:59 pm

I’m going to have to pull out my Quadrophenia vinal and transfer it to CD.