Note to Shit-Kicking Conservatives: We (U.S. & World) Are Moving on Without Your Tired Lame Bigoted Asses.

Each years CPAC showcases the steady, incremental march toward the obsolescence of conservatism. And while conservatives are by nature regressive and behind the times, as the brutal velocity of progress in science, communication, education et. al. increases, conservative ideas are more obsolete than ever. Traditional Conservatism is by all accounts, DEAD.

The Republican Party has become authoritarian out of necessity. Moderates are leaving the party in increasing numbers. Inter-party calls for sanity fall on deaf ears. Example: CPAC went for Birthers and extremists like Trump and Gomert over far right assholes like Chris Christy.

, , ,

1. #1 by brewski on March 17, 2013 - 8:57 am

You are equating all conservatives with the CPAC crowd. There are plenty of real conservatives who who love Christy and are just as stunned that he wasn’t invited as moderates are. It is not conservatives vs moderates. It is conservative insiders vs conservatives out in real America. So yes, CPAC is a joke. But that is not a reflection on conservatives as it is a reflection on the insiders.

2. #2 by Richard Warnick on March 17, 2013 - 9:07 am

Did anybody speak at CPAC who didn’t lose their last election?

3. #3 by brewski on March 17, 2013 - 9:42 am

Rubio.

4. #4 by brewski on March 17, 2013 - 9:54 am

5. #5 by Larry Bergan on March 18, 2013 - 12:16 am

Even when they steal their elections they lose them.

Notable.

6. #6 by Cliff Lyon on March 18, 2013 - 8:17 am

Brewski,

I will acknowledge there are a few meek, anonymous conservatives (liars still) who have been run over by the extreme right of their party.

I’m sorry you’re irrelevant. That was the point of the post.

7. #7 by brewski on March 18, 2013 - 8:49 am

Cliff, you seem to forget that there are right now 30 Republican governors, and 19 Democratic governors. So your thesis ignores that at the level where real people live, conservative principles have won.

8. #8 by brewski on March 18, 2013 - 8:56 am

More data to make a mockery of Cliff’s data-free world:
    27 Republican-controlled Legislatures
    17 Democratic-controlled Legislatures

9. #9 by Richard Warnick on March 18, 2013 - 10:31 am

Roma Downey’s unbelievably lame History Channel miniseries on The Bible has hit a new low:

‘The Bible’: Satan Actor Looks Like Obama In History Channel Miniseries

10. #10 by brewski on March 18, 2013 - 10:58 am

You’re losing it. That actor looks like Obama as much as my cat does.

11. #11 by brewski on March 18, 2013 - 11:17 am

12. #12 by Richard Warnick on March 18, 2013 - 11:47 am

brewski disagrees with Glenn Beck. A first.

13. #13 by brewski on March 18, 2013 - 12:31 pm

I’ve never watched Glenn Beck so I wouldn’t know whether or not I disagree with him or not.

14. #14 by Richard Warnick on March 18, 2013 - 5:14 pm

It says in the article I linked to that Glenn Beck thought the actor who plays Satan looked like the President.

15. #15 by cav on March 18, 2013 - 5:22 pm

Glenn Beck is so wrapped up in his religious bullshit, I doubt he even knows what time of day it is.

And it seems none of the repugnants think anyone but John McCain or some other such lame-O, could possibly be president – let alone a Democratically elected Blah man.

Still they do everything they can to hide their claws while sabotaging the majority of the people.

16. #16 by Larry Bergan on March 18, 2013 - 8:14 pm

If Obama looks like Satin, does that mean Jesus looks like John McCain?

Oh, Lord!

17. #17 by Larry Bergan on March 18, 2013 - 8:20 pm

I would love to see republicans relegated to a reservation where they can fight over who has to build their roads or fix their toilets.

Since they work 350 times harder then the rest of us, the plumbing bill is going to be about $18,000 dollars an hour.

18. #18 by brewski on March 18, 2013 - 8:50 pm

Listening to Glenn Beck makes about as much sense as listening to Rachel Maddow. They are the same.

19. #19 by Larry Bergan on March 18, 2013 - 9:04 pm

Glenn Beck is gay and intelligent?

20. #20 by brewski on March 18, 2013 - 9:09 pm

Rachel Maddow is intelligent?

They have the same haircut and both wear fake glasses.

21. #21 by Larry Bergan on March 18, 2013 - 9:12 pm

According to you, she’s a good liar. Something greatly revered in your circles.

22. #22 by Larry Bergan on March 18, 2013 - 9:15 pm

I have trouble feeling sorry for Bill Maher. He doesn’t work harder then the rest of us either and, in fact, seems to be having a great time. If taxes are outrageous in California, it’s because lawmakers there refused to raise them for so long.

If the 1% has 40% of the money, they SHOULD pay the taxes because they’re the only ones who have any money.

23. #23 by cav on March 18, 2013 - 9:15 pm

Of course those with an IQ of ‘such and so’, would have a hard time assessing someone with one of ‘such and so plus’.

Larry, this last year, the 1% actually took home more than 100% of the money, as the declining wages made profiting an even better deal for them.

24. #24 by Larry Bergan on March 18, 2013 - 9:33 pm

Yeah, I heard GE, Facebook and others did really well, but I will die saying there’s no way any of them worked 350 times harder then I do AND even though I think my mother may have hide my IQ scores from me, they’re NOT 350 times smarter then I am either.

I never actually asked my mother about my IQ scores, and I’m not sure she ever saw them, but if polling today is any indication of the truth, it’s all garbage anyway.

Think Dick Morris.

25. #25 by brewski on March 18, 2013 - 9:54 pm

Larry,
    Income is not based on how “hard” you work. It also not based on IQ. There is not some income fairy who rations out income in some kind of managed way. There are basically two ways to earn a lot of money, have a skill that is in high demand and low supply (doctor, statistician, petroleum engineer), or, make some really big bets (Facebook, Apple). Or you could be Rachel Maddow and not really do much of anything other than make bitter people feel better about their bitterness. That pays pretty well. She makes $100,000 per speaking event.

26. #26 by Larry Bergan on March 18, 2013 - 10:27 pm

brewski:

I’m trying to sift through your last comment.

I don’t think doctors, statisticians, or petroleum engineers make anywhere near what the Koch bro’s or the Walmart bro’s make. In both cases, dad helped A LOT.

Rachel Maddow is never going to make anywhere near what those spoiled brats make.

27. #27 by brewski on March 19, 2013 - 8:28 am

So you think Rachel Maddow deserves $100,000 for making a one our speech?

28. #28 by brewski on March 19, 2013 - 8:45 am

make that “hour”

29. #29 by cav on March 19, 2013 - 8:58 am

The PTB are using that money to enlist her, as they’ve done so many others – strip her from the masses who’ll never see life from behind such wealth.

The rich truly are different, and if it takes ten times that much, it’s nothing to them – Thought there certainly comes a point where ‘accidents’ become a more cost effective option.

(will not be published)