Moyers & DeChristopher

I’ve been waiting to see the master interviewer sit down with Tim for a long time!

The wait is over:

1. #1 by Larry Bergan on May 24, 2013 - 11:01 pm

Well look what showed up in the “related posts” section.

Great song and video!

2. #2 by brewski on May 25, 2013 - 6:11 am

The text in the opening screen is factually false. Sort of undermines the credibility of themselves.

3. #3 by cav on May 25, 2013 - 10:35 am

I’m so glad global warming is a fiction.

The DeChristopher stuff starts at the 20 minute mark.

• #4 by Larry Bergan on May 25, 2013 - 8:00 pm

Thanks cav, I have adjusted the video to start with Tim’s interview.

4. #5 by Larry Bergan on May 25, 2013 - 6:00 pm

I thought Bill Moyer’s questions to Tim were unusually tough, but he’s never interviewed him before and was probably trying to find more out about him. By the end, I think he understood that Tim is a hope for the future with very innovative new ways of looking at things.

Putting him in prison was a big mistake. He got even smarter in there.

My favorite part was when he said corporations have no business in government at all, and he’s right. They should succeed or fail based on what they do for their society, not how many lobbyists they have. As it stands now, they RUN our government. Why do we even NEED a congress?

5. #6 by Larry Bergan on May 25, 2013 - 6:43 pm

Utah has a fantastic activist community!

Not only do we have Tim DeChristopher, (for now), But I attended a rally and march against Monsanto today that was a worldwide event with about 250 rallies around the world participating. It was organized by a lady from Utah named Tami Canal. I figure there were around 2000 people there and I could prove it if I had remembered to charge my darn camera battery. I was trying too hard to get my poster done on time, i guess.

I think it was the largest march since Rocky Anderson’s 2006 Rally against Bush. Unfortunately Rocky is out of the country right now, but I’m sure he would have been there.

So we’ve had two of the most important social events this year, right here in Salt Lake; with Tim DeChristopher’s national Earth Day speaking event at the Tower Theater and Tami Canal speaking at the Utah State Capitol today.

I was thrilled to be at both!

6. #7 by Larry Bergan on June 1, 2013 - 2:37 am

I hate to admit that whites in Utah didn’t even come close to organizing the largest protest held in Utah.

THAT distinction belongs to others.

Had a hell of a time finding anything on this, but it was, indeed, Hispanics who kicked our asses.

I salute you!

I’m proud to say I still have my “Criminalize Sensenbrenner” sign, which I made for a subsequent event for the hard working unseen.

7. #8 by Larry Bergan on June 1, 2013 - 6:35 am

I believe this may have been the bill the immigrants were protesting. It’s hard to tell these days because bills often take on characteristics of Chameleons, (lizards).

Nothing against lizards!

Sorry. I wasn’t trying to be bombastic by having the picture of my poster cross the borders of the blog, but I had already put it on the internet in that size and was too lazy to adjust it.

And besides; It makes my point.