Mike Lee Storms The Beaches of South Jordan

Mike Lee, sophomore senator from the embarrassed state of Utah, gets a full, ten minute standing ovation with chants of “we like Mike”, “we like Mike!

With children and mothers all around, this man, who stood up against labor laws which have prevented children from child labor got a longer standing ovation then president Eisenhower probably ever got at a speech.

Watch as much as you can stand:

The YouTube videos of Sir. Lee saying that anti child labor laws are unconstitutional no longer exist, but there are at least two websites that are trying to provide them:

Thinkprogress and Huffington Post.

I was present at a “tea party” “event” at the State Capitol, took pictures, and gave this account on this blog. Mike Lee was there, running for office. There was so much wind blowing and the dust was so thick that all of us almost choked and an American flag hit me so hard, I almost got knocked out.

Seriously!

But there is a better account of the scope of the deceit. I only observed three buses, but the original Tea Party, which was a TRUE grass roots movement, got the story right:

We should band together!

Update: The Deseret News had this story: Hundreds rally for Sen. Mike Lee despite low approval numbers
From the article:

“I do not approve of him and I do not think he is fulfilling the best interests of his constituents,” said Mel Walker, who held a sign that, at one point, was ripped from her hands by Lee supporters.

Sounds about right. I lost numerous “IMPEACH BUSH” signs in that manner.

1. #1 by Larry Bergan on November 4, 2013 - 11:44 pm

Maybe we can agree that Mike Lee had no intention of having a public meeting and answering any questions from any constituent .

I will agree, that trying to provide your constituents with everything they want is an impossible job, but should the 1% get everything? Go away!

2. #2 by cav on November 5, 2013 - 7:20 am

“Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.”
    Abraham Lincoln

• #3 by brewski on November 5, 2013 - 8:44 am

Same has been said about Obamacare. But the people who wrote it are exempt from it.

3. #4 by Richard Warnick on November 5, 2013 - 7:26 am

Senator Orrin Hatch claimed to be a Sagebrush Rebel in 1976 in his first run for public office, then contracted Potomac Fever and seemed to forget about Utah.

Mike Lee has done something similar, except in the Faux News era he didn’t have to moderate his politics in order to get a national platform.

4. #5 by brewski on November 5, 2013 - 8:48 am

Haven’t those buses heard about no-idling laws?

5. #6 by Larry Bergan on November 5, 2013 - 3:26 pm

Funniest thing.

I heard about Lee’s ovation on KUER, early in the morning and the news reporter actually said it was “engineered”. I’m not sure if he just slipped that in, or actually had some proof, but later on it was reported again without the that word.

6. #7 by Larry Bergan on November 5, 2013 - 3:41 pm

brewski:

The buses were probably left idling in case the fake crowd had to make a fast getaway. Actually the buses were fitted with massive air-conditioners and you wouldn’t want a teabagger to face being uncomfortable.

7. #8 by Larry Bergan on November 5, 2013 - 4:10 pm

Just noticed that Glenden was onto Lee’s pro-child-labor stance in his post from January 2011.

Sure helps to have those little Mexican hands picking the strawberries eh’ Mike? Why did you take down the videos?