Raise Your Silent Voice By A Notch

As a young child, I remember taking my first look at a telephone book. Close to the first listing there was a number you could call to get information. As a twelve year old, I was stunned that such a thing existed and imediatedly called to ask a scientific question I had. I can’t remember what the question I had was, but the answer was very dissapointing. “I’m sorry, (polite laughter), but I can only find a phone number for you”.

That was 1964. Somehow, Al Gore and Google happened in America.

You had to sift through piles of crap, designed to throw you off, but my original dream of being able to have questions answered had actually happened, just decades later.

And now, I refer you to a plea from Howard Dean. Please, just send your feelings about this to the FCC.

Try to protect your freedom to speak here.

UPDATE: The FCC’s site crashed because there were so many comments coming in opposing the former public advocate’s terrible proposal, that they were forced to extend the comment deadline until Friday. Please tell them how much they suck nowadays – in a nice way, if you can.

Here’s the best argument I’ve seen for “net neutrality”!

1. #1 by Richard Warnick on July 9, 2014 - 8:29 am

Not to treat the Internet the same as telecommunications is to create a distinction without a difference. Many people actually use the Internet for their phone service, something Gov. Dean could have pointed out.

What America really needs is a public fiber-optic infrastructure like UTOPIA that will give everyone much faster broadband, and encourage competition among Internet service providers, TV and phone services.

2. #2 by Larry Bergan on July 9, 2014 - 5:18 pm

The internet providers are acting like deadbeats. Rather then working hard to bring America a better internet by working to speed everything up, the handful of companies that have everything want more. They choose to gang-up together and prevent better ideas from ever seeing the light of day. This has resulted in an American internet that is definitely NOT the envy of the world, They cut deals with our “leaders”, and backed out of promises they made to build a better system.

It’s not hard to see. Comcast is notorious for having the worst customer service available, and something tells me, it’s not the fault of your cable guy. It’s probably more along the lines of under-staffing and greater productivity.

Productivity for the cable barons doesn’t exist.

3. #3 by Larry Bergan on July 9, 2014 - 6:25 pm

Here’s the new internet promotion:

Affordable tiers for everybody!

Homeless — N/A
    Slow Boat To China — Only $19.95 a month!
    Pony Express — Only $49.95 a month!
    Carrier Pigeon — Only $399.95 a month!

Penthouse rates:

Radio Wave — Only $4.95 per minute!
    Light Speed — Only $9.95 per minute!

4. #4 by Larry Bergan on July 9, 2014 - 7:01 pm

I like to give credit where credit is due. The original cable executives gave us C-SPAN somehow.

Brian Lamb is a genius.

5. #5 by clear! on July 10, 2014 - 10:47 am

It is all conditioning, and more than likely responsible for your current world view. People are being turned into automatons.

Welcome.

6. #6 by clear! on July 10, 2014 - 10:49 am

America should have a lot of things, but doesn’t, and won’t get them..wouldn’t want the fishes to get off the hook.

7. #7 by Larry Bergan on July 13, 2014 - 5:04 pm

No matter how lengthy clear!’s comments are, they always say one thing:

Give up!

Thanks, but no thanks!

8. #8 by clear! on July 15, 2014 - 3:09 pm

Can’t defeat an enemy until you acknowledge who and what that is.

“False optimism is true pessimism”.

9. #9 by clear! on July 15, 2014 - 3:24 pm

Shurtleff was an Eagle Scout.

LMFAO.

The corruption is total, left and right. East and West. North and South.

See the liars, watch their mouth.

They are all that fall, from their lips….from terrorism to sinking ships.

• #10 by Larry Bergan on July 15, 2014 - 10:06 pm

I think you’re on the wrong post Clear!.

Try to proofread better and know what thread you’re on.

I have to admit, I’ve never tried to communicate or fish comments out of the massive spam bin at OneUtah with a guy who has an apostrophe in his name.

Thanks for the first.

• #11 by Larry Bergan on July 16, 2014 - 6:42 pm

Oh geese! I’m sure I meant to say, “exclamation point in his name”.

10. #12 by Larry Bergan on July 16, 2014 - 7:04 pm

If you’re reading this, please look at my update to the post.

11. #13 by clear! on July 16, 2014 - 9:04 pm

Poor Retard…so easily befuddled despite probably having normal IQ.

Sorry if you are actually developmentally disabled.

(will not be published)