NPR Does Hack Job On Bernie Sanders

I was listening to NPR the other day and heard a report about Bernie Sanders’s visit to, and speech at the very conservative Liberty University. If you think my heading is harsh, you won’t after you compare what actually happened, to NPR’s report which played a couple of portions of the speech and literally cut out the applause. You are almost left with the sense that the Sanders event was like going to a funeral excepting when the audience cheered for fetuses.

Here is NPR’s short take on the event.

And here is Sanders’s actual speech.

I don’t appreciate being made into a fool when I try to tell people about important events. I expect a lot more from Nation Public Radio then blatant censorship and shoddy reporting. :(

UPDATE: I like to have integrity and this probably helps NPR’s case, but I’m still not changing the heading, because they could have reported it and not cut out the applause. I hadn’t seen Sanders’s introduction at Liberty University and the presenter said the front rows had been reserved for his supporters. Being the cynic that I am, and knowing Falwell as I did, I’m not so sure his son wouldn’t do that just in case there were cheers for Sanders from the students. We’ll never know.

I have replaced the original YouTube video with one that runs better and starts with at his introduction.

I’m sorry, but in my opinion, Jerry Falwell was a real swine.

1. #1 by Richard Warnick on September 15, 2015 - 5:20 pm

Bernie eloquently quoted the Golden Rule [Matthew 7:12] and then gave them this piece of pure poetry:

Amos 5:24, “But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream.” Justice treating others the way we want to be treated, treating all people, no matter their race, their color, their stature in life, with respect and with dignity.

2. #2 by Larry Bergan on September 15, 2015 - 6:21 pm

Thanks Richard.

It is a remarkable speech made even better by the unusual venue. I’m sure you’ve heard about this new poll.

Brace for the attacks. Oh, brother, there are going to be attacks.

3. #3 by Richard Warnick on September 16, 2015 - 12:47 pm

Hillary’s high-priced political consultants thought the South would be her “firewall.” The problem is, the more people find out about Bernie, the more his support grows.

Bernie Sanders Barnstorms the South, Speaking to Swelling Crowds

• #4 by Larry Bergan on September 17, 2015 - 3:07 pm

Cornel West has come down hard on Obama and now he’s introducing a pale white man. That’s pretty cool, especially with the “Black Lives Matter” incident painting a picture of disunity with Sanders. I love it.

He also turned some heads at Liberty University with his messages of peace and humanity. You’re hearing exactly – EXACTLY – the opposite from the “Christian” candidates on the right.

I sent Sanders another $20 today and got my 94 year old Mormon-to-the-death mother to match it. She’s definitely slowing down a bit, but her mind is still sharp. Go Bernie!

• #5 by Richard Warnick on September 17, 2015 - 3:16 pm

It’s unclear who does and doesn’t represent “Black Lives Matter.” Therefore the opportunity existed for political dirty tricks, which is what both of those microphone-grabbing incidents looked like to me.

• #6 by Larry Bergan on September 17, 2015 - 8:07 pm

Yeah. Certainly the second one. It was pretty weird that Hillary got the opportunity to have a quiet sit down with the group, in private, with no hoopla. :(

Not to mention, not a single incident with Republican speeches. :( :(

4. #7 by Larry Bergan on September 18, 2015 - 12:10 am

Had to do an update and slight mea culpa to the post above.