Bernie Sanders Smashes DFA Poll

Sanders Wins!

Sanders Wins!

This wasn’t one of those flash polls you see on the internet that everybody knows can be rigged, even if it looks exactly like one. These are all real people who have registered with DFA over a decade or so.

I Love DFA, (Democracy For America). It was organized around my favorite candidate for president in 2004, Governor Howard Dean. It was set up by people much younger then I am, but it was a true grass roots movement that made early inroads into utilizing the internet to inform and activate people interested in a true democratic system.

I was most impressed when I got my first E-mail which asked everybody in the organization to vote for which direction they wanted to take in the election. I was excited that I would actually be able participate in deciding something for a change. A sense of responsibility came over me. It felt refreshing.

In fact, Howard Dean came out in October, supporting Hillary Clinton, but DFA hasn’t changed its policy of deciding things – you know – democratically. So I was sort of scared to check out the results today, but was very pleasantly surprised.

Bernie Sanders, who also just received support from a major union, was also impressed with the process at DFA, and said:

“It is no secret that the founder of DFA—my friend and fellow Vermonter former Gov. Howard Dean—has chosen not to support my candidacy. Yet the leadership of DFA allowed a fair and free vote to take place which we won. That’s pretty impressive.”

The original people who organized DFA must be in their 30 and 40’s by now. It would be great to see the old crowd get back together and save the country, just in the nick of time!

GO BERNIE!

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Bernie Sanders has finally made the news. Sign this emergency petition to stop the DNC from crippling his campaign!

1. #1 by Larry Bergan on December 17, 2015 - 4:00 pm

The local chapter was called DFU, and it was a lively gathering every week at the library downtown, with guest speakers and such. Even got Pat Bagley to sign one of his books for me there.

They even had an online blog that was a lot of fun. As the horrible Bush presidency slogged on, with fake victory after fake victory being propped up by the media, less and less people showed up. :(

2. #2 by Richard Warnick on December 18, 2015 - 9:41 am

It’s kinda sad to see Howard Dean on MSNBC all the time making a pitch for Hillary. I assume he’s tired of being frozen out of the Obama administration, and is hoping President Hillary will give him a cabinet post.

• #3 by Larry Bergan on December 18, 2015 - 10:27 am

I’m sort of glad Dean was for Hillary now. They can’t accuse him of rigging the DFA poll.

3. #4 by Larry Bergan on December 18, 2015 - 10:38 am

Well the media has found a way to get Bernie Sanders on the “news”:

Move over Benghasi, It’s BERNIEGATE!!!

Weaver placed blame at the feet of NGP VAN—and criticized the DNC for hiring the company, saying the Sanders campaign had flagged similar problems with the software for the DNC in the past.

CNN spoke with the fired staffer—national data director Josh Uretsky—who said the breach was an attempt to “understand how badly the Sanders campaign’s data was exposed” by the software error.

You can almost smell the Clinton machine’s clutch burning.

4. #5 by Larry Bergan on December 18, 2015 - 11:16 am

The Common Dreams story provided the wrong link in their article so I changed it above. Instead it pointed to a Sanders unfriendly report called:

DNC slaps Sanders campaign over data breach

I left a message in the Common Dreams comments section, alerting them to the error. I wouldn’t be surprised if CNN changed the link on them somehow. :(

The actual link had this very important quote from the fired Sanders staffer, which I’m positive the media will bend over backwards to ignore:

“This wasn’t the first time we identified a bad breach,” he said, confirming to CNN that the Sanders campaign reported another breach to the DNC in October. “We reported it to them. They thanked us for reporting it and they told us the breach had been closed.”

5. #6 by Larry Bergan on December 18, 2015 - 11:21 am

This is going to get ugly, isn’t it folks!

6. #7 by Larry Bergan on December 18, 2015 - 12:08 pm

Petition to stop the DNC from crippling the Sanders campaign:

MoveOn petition.

7. #8 by Larry Bergan on December 19, 2015 - 9:42 pm

Very nice debate from all three Democratic candidates tonight!

I’m still a proud democrat. Sent Sanders 40 bucks just now.

8. #9 by Richard Warnick on December 20, 2015 - 6:09 pm

Climate Change Absent From Democratic Debate — Again

While some candidates, such as former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley, referred to climate change in their debate remarks, there wasn’t a single direct question about it.

• #10 by Larry Bergan on December 21, 2015 - 12:41 am

It didn’t hit me until O’Malley said that and I was sort of stunned. I thought with that long of a debate, somebody would have fit it in, but they were very busy answering questions even though there were only three candidates up there.

It was still a very good night for me to see my candidates being that much more capable then the Republicans. I hope a lot of people saw it, but holy cow, it was Star Wars opening weekend and a Saturday. How does this happen Debbie? :(

It was nice that the commercials were kept to a bare minimum. It really is important not to have everything carved up.

(will not be published)