Morning In America; In Earnest

I think we all knew that Bernie Sanders wouldn’t have used one of Simon and Garfunkel’s most beautiful songs in a political campaign without permission.

I love Art Garfunkle’s explanation of why he approved. The last lines of his poem from 2001 are the terrible truth, but maybe there’s a chance to be some place better then where we are now:

And in our hearts, love of the physical entity. America. Identity in doubt. We can’t go home again, so we’re runaway vagabonds, lost in twilight, wondering what we’re about.

–Art Garfunkel 9/11/2001

1. #1 by Larry Bergan on January 25, 2016 - 8:02 pm

I’m preparing myself to see what song “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” is going to play when the war criminal and profiteer, Donald Rumsfeld walks out on stage as a free man of great wealth tonight.

2. #2 by Larry Bergan on January 26, 2016 - 2:39 am

“His Truth is Marching on”

Stephen dismantled that old fucker and didn’t put him back together.

RIP, I suppose.

3. #3 by Richard Warnick on January 26, 2016 - 1:54 pm

Sanders: ‘Fix’ Social Security? Raise The Cap!

The question was: “Do you want to bring back the ‘era of big government’?”
    Correct answer: “Damn straight, because I’m not a Tea-GOPer” (My suggestion, not what Bernie actually said!)

4. #4 by MMA Trump on January 26, 2016 - 2:43 pm

Looks like Trump is marching on, everyone else not so much.

Wasn’t everyone here obamacare junkies at some point? What happened to that? Isn’t Bernie talking about raising taxes some 19.7 trillion over his hoped for presidency?

Doesn’t he wish to remove personal arms from everyone?

This guy is at the 3rd rail and if there were a 4th and 5th he would be touching those too…he doesn’t want to be president and he is making sure of it.

• #5 by Larry Bergan on January 26, 2016 - 3:35 pm

Not sure how you got caught in our filter. I thought it was working now.

Your comment doesn’t make much sense. All of your points are false. :(

• #6 by Richard Warnick on January 26, 2016 - 4:08 pm

I kept an open mind until it became clear that President Obama did not support an ACA public option. At that point I wrote that the ACA was worse than doing nothing, and I opposed it. I remain opposed because we got the individual private for-profit insurance mandate but no public option at all (unless you count Medicaid, but only 32 states have accepted the Medicaid expansion so far).

Nothing you said about Bernie Sanders is anywhere close to the truth. Where do you get your information? Links, please.

(will not be published)