This Can’t Be Real; Is It?

Charles Koch

Is Charles Koch so worried about Donald Trump taking over the earth without his permission, that he actually said these things, or hired somebody to say these things?

Charles Koch: This is the one issue where Bernie Sanders is right

I would suggest that Bernie Sanders and Charles Koch schedule a little fireside chat on national television. I’m sure Sanders would agree. It would knock Trump clean out of the national discussion for a month.

Nobody ever listens to my ideas.

1. #1 by Nathan Erkkila on February 19, 2016 - 3:46 pm

I find it hard to believe that he would be for the working class. Then again, if the economy is strong, so is his company.

2. #2 by Larry Bergan on February 19, 2016 - 5:41 pm

I just find it surreal to hear Koch say he’s against corporate welfare, and worrying about too much government in business. These guys have their greedy fingers so far into the government, they practically own it. They also fund campaigns to misinform the American public about climate change, and have been funding anti-union legislation. for decades That’s just the tip of the iceberg.

I wonder what Sanders has to say about this.

3. #3 by Richard Warnick on February 20, 2016 - 11:38 am

I got this privacy error (using Chrome) when I clicked on the comments link for Nathan’s post above. Anybody else getting this?

Privacy error

I would suspect McAfee, except he doesn’t run the company he founded anymore. BTW McAfee is running for president.

• #4 by Larry Bergan on February 20, 2016 - 3:07 pm

Richard:

I use Firefox and I have been getting the same warning saying Firefox is blocking me. This doesn’t seem to be happening on any other post besides Nathan’s.

Strange things happen around here, but this one is new.

• #5 by Larry Bergan on February 20, 2016 - 4:34 pm

Here’s what my browser’s message looks like if you press the [advanced] button.

• #7 by Larry Bergan on February 20, 2016 - 4:40 pm

Norton internet security also flags searches to our site with and orange alert instead of a green one.

As per your image, I’m not sure how anybody is going to get credit card information, since we don’t HAVE any credit card information, and all the comments are public domain.

Sheesh!

4. #8 by Richard Warnick on February 20, 2016 - 11:44 am

Are we dreaming? Charles Koch endorses Bernie Sanders (kind of)

The Tea Party was a pet project of the Koch brothers (indeed they launched the first national website for the movement), and they used it to flood the process with money and obstructionist propaganda. As a result of the Tea Party’s success, dozens of legislative nihilists were sent to Congress with the sole mission of shutting government down. Compromise has been near-impossible ever since.

The Koch brothers are spending $889 million on the 2016 election. That’s an almost unbelievable amount of money. But Bernie won’t accept a dime from them.

• #9 by Larry Bergan on February 20, 2016 - 4:50 pm

Gee, that “Politico” article set a new low for scathing journalism in orchards of low hanging fruit.

I’ve always wondered about the publication.

5. #10 by Larry Bergan on February 20, 2016 - 4:47 pm

I guess if I could capsulize Koch’s argument: People/corporations – same thing – who get welfare won’t be incentivized to get rich by making up fake grass roots scams and every other thing they can think of to cause income inequality in their favor.

I would love to know what Bernie Sanders’s reply to this complete nonsense is.

6. #11 by Richard Warnick on February 20, 2016 - 7:21 pm

Charles Koch’s Bernie BS

[W]hen Charles Koch tells you he shares Bernie Sanders’ disgust with cronyism, with a political system rigged on behalf of the top tier of society, but that the way to get there is more freedom and less government, keep in mind the kind of society he wants our nation to be: no minimum wage, no programs to help the homeless and other poor people out of poverty, less regulation so that he can make more profit, less government spending so that he can pay fewer taxes and a government so limited that it does not have any Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, public education or responsibility for clean water, clean air or consumer protection.

Here’s something else to keep in mind — just a few weeks ago at a posh resort outside Palm Springs, Charles Koch convened his winter donor meeting, bringing together billionaires and politicians willing to do their bidding. If that’s not cronyism, I don’t know what is.

• #12 by Larry Bergan on February 20, 2016 - 9:30 pm

Now THAT’S the kind of journalism I’m talking about. The Salon article wasn’t bad either, but sites with that many ads and videos that you can’t figure out how to silence drive me nuts.

I think I might be able to imagine why Sanders hasn’t responded. He’s a very busy man these days and probably can’t figure out where to even start with Charles Koch’s world view. Maybe David could give it a try.

(will not be published)