#ImSoSick the Latest Hashtag Taken Down By Twitter

@Twitter removed #ImSoSick when it hit the #1 trending spot. This is at least the third time in recent weeks that Twitter has pulled a trending hashtag to help the Hillary Clinton campaign.

UPDATE:
Clinton Says She’s “Sick of the Sanders Campaign Lying” About Her—Which It Isn’t Doing

OK, so what’s the deal with #ImSoSick? Thought you would never ask…

Hillary Clinton Loses Patience with Greenpeace Activist Over Fossil Fuel Donations

More info:
WATCH: Clinton goes off on Greenpeace activist: “I am so sick” of you bringing up my fossil fuel money

Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton went off on an environmental activist on Thursday, after being asked about the large sums of fossil fuel-linked cash she has received.

At a Clinton rally on the State University of New York at Purchase campus, Eva Resnick-Day, an activist with the environmental justice group Greenpeace, asked Clinton, “Will you act on your word to reject fossil fuel money in the future in your campaign?”

Clinton quickly lost her patience. Her smile promptly morphed into a scowl and she yelled at the environmental activist, “I do not have — I have money from people who work for fossil fuel companies.”

“I am so sick of the Sanders campaign lying about me,” Clinton shouted, pointing angrily at Resnick-Day.

This incident comes mere days after a top official in the Clinton campaign insisted Hillary would not debate fellow presidential candidate Bernie Sanders unless he changes his “tone.”

Environmental justice group Greenpeace uploaded video of Clinton’s irate response to its YouTube channel…

Greenpeace has detailed Clinton’s many connections to the fossil fuel industry, arguing her campaign and the Super PAC supporting her have received more than $4.5 million from those who work in it.

1. #1 by Larry Bergan on March 31, 2016 - 10:25 pm

So “Twitter” is in on this too, huh?

The young voters are getting a front row education on how much information is controlled. I am too. I don’t use Twitter and don’t really even know how hashtags work, but I thought Twitter was an open forum.

I did click on #ImSoSick and found an excellent meme from Sarah Silverman.

2. #2 by Larry Bergan on March 31, 2016 - 10:27 pm

And yes:

Please Hillary, try to tone it down a little, would you?

3. #3 by Larry Bergan on April 1, 2016 - 1:13 am

Did MSNBC think Bernie Sanders supporter, Susan Sarandon was going to come across as a ditzy broad? Why else would the Comcast acquisition let her on?

Susan is on it, along with the upcoming younger American generation!

Sorry MSNBC; your record on the 2016 election coverage isn’t exactly great journalism, but thanks for this.

4. #4 by Yolanda on April 1, 2016 - 8:24 am

Just curious, do you have a source to show they remove Bernie’s trending topics? I’m curious. Thank you.

• #5 by Richard Warnick on April 1, 2016 - 10:33 am

The first example of the secret Twitter “shadowbanning” system kicking in on behalf of the Hillary campaign was when #WhichHillary was yanked in February. Also the hashtag #FeelTheBern was censored.

I saw this happen in real time yesterday with #ImSoSick. One minute it was at the top of the trending list, and the next minute it vanished. Users immediately noticed this and complained on Twitter.

Like DailyKos, which has gone on lockdown after banning users who dared to criticize Hillary Clinton, Twitter is a privately-owned forum that can legally censor content. Everyone ought to be aware.

Twitter accused of shutting down Hillary critics

5. #6 by Larry Bergan on April 2, 2016 - 8:44 pm

I was out for a walk listening to NPR and they came on talking about Bernie Sanders’s big wins in Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska so my ears perked up. The segment turned out to be about how past candidates didn’t have as much momentum as they thought, of course.

If you’re talking about momentum, how can you leave out the fact that Sanders won 5 of the last 6 races by at least 70%, and Arizona was so messed up, that nobody knows who really won there. The momentum may die out, but let’s give the whole story.

What am I saying?

6. #7 by Larry Bergan on April 2, 2016 - 8:46 pm

I heard Sanders in a speech, just ripping on Scott Walker’s record of voter suppression. That was good to hear.

7. #8 by Larry Bergan on April 3, 2016 - 2:51 am

I’m confused about this whole election season in every way, but this is interesting:

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) – Bernie Sanders won an upset victory over former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during Saturday’s Clark County Democratic Convention, giving the Vermont senator a better chance of securing more national delegates after losing the state’s February caucuses.

8. #9 by Nathan Erkkila on April 5, 2016 - 7:04 pm

#WIPrimary is not trending despite the fact that it is the most trending hashtag. Then again, it doesn’t look good for Clinton and I assume it’s a Sanders win with a slight chance of a tie.

9. #10 by Larry Bergan on April 5, 2016 - 9:43 pm

They couldn’t stop Bernie even though they stopped as many students as they could from getting picture ID’s.

Those darn DMV computers are so unreliable just before an election.

Go Bernie!

10. #11 by Richard Warnick on April 7, 2016 - 9:05 am

#HillarySoQualified backfires on Twitter. Oh, the irony!

#HillarySoQualified erupts on Twitter after Sanders’ criticism