Archive for category democratic socialism
As a Bernie Sanders supporter, you could say I’ve been a little down since the New York primaries. The one of five win in Rhode Island didn’t add anything to my optimism. It’s obvious, Sanders isn’t walking into the convention as a winner now, but all isn’t lost.
The night after the four losses for Sanders, Susan Sarandon came on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, and seems optimistic that Bernie can gain back some ground since the states coming up will be open primaries, which have proven to be big winners for the candidate we need for president.
Susan was pretty hard on her old friend Hillary, because of her trust problem. I’m just not excited about Americans having to vote for the politician they hate the least. All Americans are tired of being the world’s policemen, and this just doesn’t look like the Democratic party stance on that:
Sarandon says she’s not there yet, on whether she will not vote for Hillary in the general election, and neither am I. I’m going to wait for Sanders’s proven sense of logic on what to do when we get there.
If this comes down to Trump and Clinton, it’s not entirely crazy to imagine Karl Rove rigging the election for Hillary. The American Empire falls into a rabbit hole.
My short look at the Bernie Sanders event on March 18th 2016. A turnout to be proud of, as 14,000 heads show up to Utah’s “This Is The Place” monument.
Thank you Utah!
The organizers told people to show up about three hours early to get everybody through the scanners, but that wasn’t even enough time to handle a crowd like this. Some arrivals had to stand behind a police barrier to enjoy the Sanders speech and the perfect Utah day.
The Salt Lake Tribune provides the best quality video of the speech I’ve found so far.
KSL television has a very nice picture of the crowd from a better vantage point then I had.
I like this guy named “Killer Mike”.
This man speaks for me, and I’m a fairly privileged old white guy. He really knows his stuff, despite the silly name.
Here’s an interesting article from Daily KOS about Mike. Seems as though John Lewis lost his passion for change, but Bernie Sanders didn’t.
Damned corporate media hates my candidate, and I’m tired of them ruining our elections!
Bernie Sanders hasn’t made a dime, standing up for what’s right all his life. His net worth is that of a regular guy today, even though he’s been in the congress for all these years. I hope people wake up and realize that money is not the measure of a man.
I think we all knew that Bernie Sanders wouldn’t have used one of Simon and Garfunkel’s most beautiful songs in a political campaign without permission.
I love Art Garfunkle’s explanation of why he approved. The last lines of his poem from 2001 are the terrible truth, but maybe there’s a chance to be some place better then where we are now:
And in our hearts, love of the physical entity. America. Identity in doubt. We can’t go home again, so we’re runaway vagabonds, lost in twilight, wondering what we’re about.
–Art Garfunkel 9/11/2001
You are currently browsing the archives for the democratic socialism category.
Search One Utah
- Here’s Why You Can Fear Trump (28)
- Larry Bergan: You’d think that with that much money coming from the rich, people could have sat home and collected money...
- Richard Warnick: Trump himself says the “late ’40s and ’50s” was the last time America was great. You know,...
- Larry Bergan: I don’t know about pollsters these days, but that’s interesting. America was not great again after 12...
- The Jimmy Dore Show: Forget The Lesser Evil (7)
- Larry Bergan: You’re forgetting about Mitt Romney, who will have an effect here and probably nowhere else. I can’t...
- Richard Warnick: I stand by my prediction. OTOH if you are right and Hillary wins Utah, it will be such a landslide for her...
- Larry Bergan: If you watch the little press conference I posted right after the televised debate, you’ll notice that Weinholtz...
- Mike Weinholtz Takes On Governor Herbert In First Debate (6)
- Larry Bergan: I took down the update because I realized the lips didn’t mesh up with the sound. It was from ABC4’s...
- Larry Bergan: I have updated this post with yesterday’s televised debate between Weinholtz and Herbert. One thing I always...
- Larry Bergan: I just found out that the only scheduled debate between Weinholtz and Herbert will be held on the 26th; the same night...
- Hillary Emerges From Hiding, Says Nothing (17)
- Larry Bergan (mobile): After the debate,Trump said he pays federal income tax. This guy is a real item.
- Richard Warnick: In tonight’s debate, Hillary is already the winner by a lot. She provoked Trump successfully, called him out...
- Nathan Erkkila: You should have been worrying the moment Sanders lost.
- Allan Lichtenstein: ‘The rich get richer, the rest get poorer’ (1)
- Larry Bergan: I believe money should be earned. This country needs a maximum wage.
- Jill Stein: Pardon Edward Snowden, Now (8)
- Mostly farce: Might as well post WAPO commits suicide…the inevitable Trump victory is revealing some seriously scummy Democrat...
- Richard Warnick: WashPost Makes History: First Paper to Call for Prosecution of Its Own Source (After Accepting Pulitzer) Three of...
- Richard Warnick: The Intercept: Why Obama Should Pardon All Leakers and Whistleblowers — Not Just Edward Snowden [T]he unfortunate...
- Can Rep. Bishop Run Out the Clock on Bears Ears National Monument? (3)
- Here’s Why You Can Fear Trump (28)
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video