Archive for category democratic socialism
As a Bernie Sanders supporter, you could say I’ve been a little down since the New York primaries. The one of five win in Rhode Island didn’t add anything to my optimism. It’s obvious, Sanders isn’t walking into the convention as a winner now, but all isn’t lost.
The night after the four losses for Sanders, Susan Sarandon came on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, and seems optimistic that Bernie can gain back some ground since the states coming up will be open primaries, which have proven to be big winners for the candidate we need for president.
Susan was pretty hard on her old friend Hillary, because of her trust problem. I’m just not excited about Americans having to vote for the politician they hate the least. All Americans are tired of being the world’s policemen, and this just doesn’t look like the Democratic party stance on that:
Sarandon says she’s not there yet, on whether she will not vote for Hillary in the general election, and neither am I. I’m going to wait for Sanders’s proven sense of logic on what to do when we get there.
If this comes down to Trump and Clinton, it’s not entirely crazy to imagine Karl Rove rigging the election for Hillary. The American Empire falls into a rabbit hole.
My short look at the Bernie Sanders event on March 18th 2016. A turnout to be proud of, as 14,000 heads show up to Utah’s “This Is The Place” monument.
Thank you Utah!
The organizers told people to show up about three hours early to get everybody through the scanners, but that wasn’t even enough time to handle a crowd like this. Some arrivals had to stand behind a police barrier to enjoy the Sanders speech and the perfect Utah day.
The Salt Lake Tribune provides the best quality video of the speech I’ve found so far.
KSL television has a very nice picture of the crowd from a better vantage point then I had.
I like this guy named “Killer Mike”.
This man speaks for me, and I’m a fairly privileged old white guy. He really knows his stuff, despite the silly name.
Here’s an interesting article from Daily KOS about Mike. Seems as though John Lewis lost his passion for change, but Bernie Sanders didn’t.
Damned corporate media hates my candidate, and I’m tired of them ruining our elections!
Bernie Sanders hasn’t made a dime, standing up for what’s right all his life. His net worth is that of a regular guy today, even though he’s been in the congress for all these years. I hope people wake up and realize that money is not the measure of a man.
I think we all knew that Bernie Sanders wouldn’t have used one of Simon and Garfunkel’s most beautiful songs in a political campaign without permission.
I love Art Garfunkle’s explanation of why he approved. The last lines of his poem from 2001 are the terrible truth, but maybe there’s a chance to be some place better then where we are now:
And in our hearts, love of the physical entity. America. Identity in doubt. We can’t go home again, so we’re runaway vagabonds, lost in twilight, wondering what we’re about.
–Art Garfunkel 9/11/2001
You are currently browsing the archives for the democratic socialism category.
Search One Utah
- Meet Gene Huber, Trump Supporter (15)
- John B Talcott: Come on Larry. You know better than to feed the trolls. 🙂
- glenn hoefer: No, it takes this many words to describe your current state of stupid. As for the typos, my stuff never shows..and is...
- Larry Bergan: I’ve been thinking. How does the 4Chan participator know that all the commenters on that site weren’t...
- Reince Priebus: Take Trump’s Claim That The Press Is The ‘Enemy Of The State’ Seriously (9)
- glenn hoefer: Well duh Richard, the Imbecile had full spectrum dominance upon election, and rogered the republicans when any thought...
- Richard Warnick: A better comparison is how much President Obama achieved in his first month in office compared to Trump. Well...
- glenn hoefer: Tuning in here is like going to this site, except that this site is actually real..It is sad to see how far the progs...
- Leonard Pitts to Trump: Just who the hell do you think you are? (4)
- Richard Warnick: Trump was campaigning in Orlando today, seemingly unaware that he won already and is responsible for his actions....
- Larry Bergan: Sorry Christians. It’s up to you to clean up your act. My mom is a Mormon Christian to the bone and...
- Larry Bergan: Hypocrisy has worked wonderfully for the Republican Christians, even over decades of being caught doing it. Pay...
- Flynn Needs A Special Prosecutor (8)
- Outdoor Retailers to Gov. Herbert: We’re Outta Here (1)
- Larry Bergan: Well that should be great for tourism.
- Does It Seem Like Jason Chaffetz Is Having A Hard Time Here? (33)
- Trump Approval = 36 Percent (28)
- Richard Warnick: Today Trump dumped a whole truckload of alt-facts on us. Among other things, he said his administration is...
- Trump Ready To Support ‘Entitlement Reform’ And You Know What THAT Means (6)
- Larry Bergan: Tonight must have been gun night on PBS. An excellent new treatment of the Ruby Ridge tragedy, which gives both sides...
- Meet Gene Huber, Trump Supporter (15)
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video