Posts Tagged altemeyer
I post this as an ongoing resource on this very important subject. Dedicated to Frank Staheli. May he break the chains.
Altemeyer: The Authoritarians: Harvard Press, 2007
If it turns out you do not like this book, blame John Dean. You never would have heard of my research if he had not recently plowed through my studies, trying to understand, first, various people he knew in the Nixon White House, and then some leading figures of the Republican Party of 2004.
This is very solid science.
John Dean, Republican adviser to Richard Nixon has written a deeply disturbing book about the conservative right’s growing move toward authoritarianism and blind loyalty. Its an old concept. It still works, and always will.
This interview with Keith Olbermann gives us a frightening new perspective on the use of fear to gain and keep power.
The book is called Conservatives Without Conscience. Many so easily dismiss anyone who criticizes their tribe.ï¿½ Thats why this is so important. It is written BY a conservative.
Search One Utah
- Retailers Carve Up Your Thanksgiving Dinner. (2)
- Ferguson Grand Jury – Unsurprising, Far too Typical and Despair Inducing (21)
- cav - Spam Status?: Solidifying: Andrew Slack Asks The 13 Crucial Questions About Ferguson http://downwithtyranny.blogspot.com/2...
- Richard Warnick: Whenever a police officer shoots at an unarmed, fleeing suspect there ought to be an indictment and a trial in...
- brewski: FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — Some witnesses said Michael Brown had been shot in the back. Another said he was face-down on the...
- Happy Thanksgiving! (3)
- cav - Spam Status?: Solidifying: Mine was a weakness for toasted mini-marshmallows on, what presumably was some sort of turkey feast...
- brewski: It would have been fine with any source that didn’t rhyme with Bet Brutality. They make the North Korean Information...
- Larry Bergan: Nice list. I’m thinking brewski won’t be impressed.
- Report: Police Killings Rank Second In Utah Homicides (15)
- Nick Hanauer: Another Thing Obama Can Do Without Congress (19)
- Senator Mark Udall’s Rare Opportunity: Release The Torture Report Now (31)
- Kande Trefil: THANKS! I reposted that on facebook with some choice comments.
- Immigration: ‘We’re going as far as we possibly can without Congress acting’ (10)
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video