Posts Tagged altemeyer
I post this as an ongoing resource on this very important subject. Dedicated to Frank Staheli. May he break the chains.
Altemeyer: The Authoritarians: Harvard Press, 2007
If it turns out you do not like this book, blame John Dean. You never would have heard of my research if he had not recently plowed through my studies, trying to understand, first, various people he knew in the Nixon White House, and then some leading figures of the Republican Party of 2004.
This is very solid science.
John Dean, Republican adviser to Richard Nixon has written a deeply disturbing book about the conservative right’s growing move toward authoritarianism and blind loyalty. Its an old concept. It still works, and always will.
This interview with Keith Olbermann gives us a frightening new perspective on the use of fear to gain and keep power.
The book is called Conservatives Without Conscience. Many so easily dismiss anyone who criticizes their tribe.ï¿½ Thats why this is so important. It is written BY a conservative.
Search One Utah
- Tea-GOP Ready to Seize the Senate (12)
- Half of the Country Hasn’t Taken a Vacation Day Yet In 2014 (65)
- ‘Thomas Eric Duncan was a victim of a broken system’ (7)
- Dear Rep. Chaffetz: ISIS and the PKK Are Not The Same (29)
- Larry Bergan: I made the mistake of clicking on the video in the Clinton link which solidified my resolve not to watch Sunday...
- Richard Warnick: Stephanie Cutter has suggested that the Dems might actually gain in the long run if the Tea-GOP takes over the...
- Larry Bergan: Richard, I’m going to hold you to that if the Republicans take over the senate. Something I don’t want to...
- ISIS Advances Continue Despite Air Strikes (39)
- cav - Spam Status?: Solidifying: And who am I ? The All Holy Thread Cop…that’s who! Now, about this porn...
- Larry Bergan: I was just having some fun. I was going to release it, but somebody beat me to it. Although I was kind of angry...
- cav - Spam Status?: Solidifying: Don’t be a dick Larry. ” I am sorry for everything, really”. sort of sounds like...
- Grover Norquist Absent at ALEC Debate (18)
- Well that was less dramatic than expected (23)
- American garden variety barbarism: The rest sittin’ in the spam stack. The analysis was made in the late seventies, too...
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video