Posts Tagged altemeyer
I post this as an ongoing resource on this very important subject. Dedicated to Frank Staheli. May he break the chains.
Altemeyer: The Authoritarians: Harvard Press, 2007
If it turns out you do not like this book, blame John Dean. You never would have heard of my research if he had not recently plowed through my studies, trying to understand, first, various people he knew in the Nixon White House, and then some leading figures of the Republican Party of 2004.
This is very solid science.
John Dean, Republican adviser to Richard Nixon has written a deeply disturbing book about the conservative right’s growing move toward authoritarianism and blind loyalty. Its an old concept. It still works, and always will.
This interview with Keith Olbermann gives us a frightening new perspective on the use of fear to gain and keep power.
The book is called Conservatives Without Conscience. Many so easily dismiss anyone who criticizes their tribe.ï¿½ Thats why this is so important. It is written BY a conservative.
Search One Utah
- Do This NOW! (5)
- internet marketing: I am that may be being among the most vital facts in my situation. That i’m pleased reading through your...
- Robert Reich: TPP is Part of the Global Race to the Bottom (2)
- Bruce Babbitt: Uninformed, Misguided Politicians Are Attempting To Abolish Public Lands (54)
- Title II Is Necessary But Not Sufficient (1)
- Larry Bergan: Constant efforts to cripple the internet are waring me down.
- All Your ‘No Go Zones’ Are Belong To Us (23)
- Absurd and Hilarious (30)
- brewski: New Zealand Gini Index= 0.33 US Gini Index = .38 New Zealand has no Estate Tax at all. No capital gains tax. Dividend tax...
- Richard Warnick: Romney, Sudden Inequality Hawk, to Hit Clinton On Poverty The Tea-GOP hammered the American middle class with...
- Larry Bergan: On the hilarious front, we have this short video: Hey, you may have snubbed us, but we got a lunch out of it. So...
- 2014 Was The Hottest Year on Record (8)
- Richard Warnick: Ken– Thanks for weighing in. You ought to know that the Pentagon takes climate change very seriously as a...
- Larry Bergan: Job, jobs, jobs to clean up the earth. Boy, isn’t that the truth!
- cav - eBoomer: I keep wondering if all of this ‘margin-of-error-science’ isn’t less a lie, and more of an attempt...
- Senator Joni Ernst Wants To Cut Wasteful Spending – Let’s Start With Farm Subsidies! (19)
- Do This NOW! (5)
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video