Posts Tagged altemeyer
I post this as an ongoing resource on this very important subject. Dedicated to Frank Staheli. May he break the chains.
Altemeyer: The Authoritarians: Harvard Press, 2007
If it turns out you do not like this book, blame John Dean. You never would have heard of my research if he had not recently plowed through my studies, trying to understand, first, various people he knew in the Nixon White House, and then some leading figures of the Republican Party of 2004.
This is very solid science.
John Dean, Republican adviser to Richard Nixon has written a deeply disturbing book about the conservative right’s growing move toward authoritarianism and blind loyalty. Its an old concept. It still works, and always will.
This interview with Keith Olbermann gives us a frightening new perspective on the use of fear to gain and keep power.
The book is called Conservatives Without Conscience. Many so easily dismiss anyone who criticizes their tribe.ï¿½ Thats why this is so important. It is written BY a conservative.
Search One Utah
- The Millionaire Party (25)
- brewski: The Billionaire Party: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arch ive/2014/04/the-stylishness-of-democr...
- brewski: My observation had nothing to do with Paul Ryan, or Robert Reich. My point was that Krugman’s entire diatribe was...
- Larry Bergan: Paul Ryan is a legend. A veritable fart that will live in infamy.
- Cliven Bundy on Faux News (91)
- brewski: Thank you for being incredibly non-responsive.
- Richard Warnick: If some tiny little parcels have acquired value, then by all means swap them out. There are private lands that sit...
- brewski: “With the assumption they’ll be guided by the expertise and caring that the citizenry,” Excuse me while I stop...
- ACA’s A Scam, We Need Medicare For All (2)
- A Confluence of Events (5)
- Larry Bergan: All of the people involved in the above segment have left the state and I wouldn’t tell you who they are, if you...
- Larry Bergan: The good folks at Wheeler Farm, Al-Anon, and The Food Bank let me work off 100 hours of community service after work....
- Larry Bergan: I have a personal story about 4/20. I smoked pot every day for over thirty years and never missed a day of work, but I...
- Keystone XL: The Biggest Mistake of Obama’s Presidency? (97)
- Richard Warnick: Surprise! The Obama administration has delayed the decision on Keystone XL until after the November elections.
- NRA Peddles Guns For Kids – What Could Possibly Go Wrong? (60)
- Richard Warnick: 6-year-old accidentally shoots and kills SC woman after finding gun during car ride
- Maine Senators Use The Word “Torture” To Describe CIA Torture (32)
- Larry Bergan: If we can’t flick a “consevative” blogger off our finger, we’re not worth our salt. Just...
- brewski: If jerkiness is grounds from getting one banned, then Cliff, Glendy, Shane should have been banned long ago.
- Nathan Erkkila: The question is why? He was a troll. He commented here to get a rise out of us. Unlike other conservative posters,...
- Will Obamacare lead to single-payer? (34)
- The Millionaire Party (25)
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video