Posts Tagged altemeyer
I post this as an ongoing resource on this very important subject. Dedicated to Frank Staheli. May he break the chains.
Altemeyer: The Authoritarians: Harvard Press, 2007
If it turns out you do not like this book, blame John Dean. You never would have heard of my research if he had not recently plowed through my studies, trying to understand, first, various people he knew in the Nixon White House, and then some leading figures of the Republican Party of 2004.
This is very solid science.
John Dean, Republican adviser to Richard Nixon has written a deeply disturbing book about the conservative right’s growing move toward authoritarianism and blind loyalty. Its an old concept. It still works, and always will.
This interview with Keith Olbermann gives us a frightening new perspective on the use of fear to gain and keep power.
The book is called Conservatives Without Conscience. Many so easily dismiss anyone who criticizes their tribe.ï¿½ Thats why this is so important. It is written BY a conservative.
Search One Utah
- Pope Drives The Financial District Crazy (28)
- The Democrat’s Guide to Talking Politics With Your Republican Uncle (35)
- Krugman: President’s Inequality Speech Deserves a Serious Hearing (14)
- Traveller: Doesn’t matter what he says in in speeches anymore. No one is listening and no one cares what he says.
- cav: Meant to be broken, like all of the others – if you’re the right sort of person.
- brewski: Let’s just make it $25 per hour. There is no effect of minimum wage on employment. It is a law with no consequences.
- Hardline Right-Wing GOP House Members Threaten Another Government Shutdown (20)
- ‘60 Minutes’ Benghazi ‘Correction’ Leaves Key Questions Unanswered (79)
- November 22, 1963 (136)
- Court Rules Colorado Bakery Broke the Law by Refusing to Serve Gay Customers (1)
- Larry Bergan: Does this mean, “no shirts, no shoes, no service” is a thing of the past?
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video