Posts Tagged altemeyer
I post this as an ongoing resource on this very important subject. Dedicated to Frank Staheli. May he break the chains.
Altemeyer: The Authoritarians: Harvard Press, 2007
If it turns out you do not like this book, blame John Dean. You never would have heard of my research if he had not recently plowed through my studies, trying to understand, first, various people he knew in the Nixon White House, and then some leading figures of the Republican Party of 2004.
This is very solid science.
John Dean, Republican adviser to Richard Nixon has written a deeply disturbing book about the conservative right’s growing move toward authoritarianism and blind loyalty. Its an old concept. It still works, and always will.
This interview with Keith Olbermann gives us a frightening new perspective on the use of fear to gain and keep power.
The book is called Conservatives Without Conscience. Many so easily dismiss anyone who criticizes their tribe.ï¿½ Thats why this is so important. It is written BY a conservative.
Search One Utah
- When Racism Died a Little in Utah (73)
- How Ironic: The First Tea-GOP Presidential Candidate for 2016 Has A Canadian Birth Certificate (27)
- brewski: I have no idea what Cruz’s plan is. I think making his announcement at Liberty University says a lot. That would...
- Richard Warnick: At least in regard to foreign policy, Josh Marshall dubs Cruz for President as “the ultimate Fox News...
- Richard Warnick: Senator Cruz is a public figure. Therefore I don’t have to worry about hurting his feelings. Just be grateful...
- How, Not, To Work Your Political Views Into A Conversation (19)
- Judge May Order Pentagon to Release Torture ‘Mementos’ (10)
- Larry Bergan: If I may reply to myself, people on the far right are scrambling like hungry chipmunks to make sure that –...
- Larry Bergan: Of course they’ll file an appeal and get another, more friendly to power, judge.
- Richard Warnick: UPDATE: Judge Orders Thousands of Torture Photos to Be Disclosed After US Government Fails to Justify Secrecy The...
- The Middle Class Has Gotten Smaller In Every State Since 2000 (9)
- Gun Shoppers Learn the Truth – Guns Are Unsafe (1)
- Larry Bergan: I gave away my pellet gun when I was 14 and have never had a gun in my house since. I’m 62 and alive. Proof...
- Now I’m Really Upset About Daylight Savings! (8)
- Larry Bergan: I just found this YouTube today which proves the whole world doesn’t know what daylight savings is for. Ben...
- Taking A Vacation From The Blogosphere (12)
- brewski: Wow, you don’t like Obama or Holder and you think they are just wrong. You really must be a racist. You need to talk...
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video