Posts Tagged altemeyer
I post this as an ongoing resource on this very important subject. Dedicated to Frank Staheli. May he break the chains.
Altemeyer: The Authoritarians: Harvard Press, 2007
If it turns out you do not like this book, blame John Dean. You never would have heard of my research if he had not recently plowed through my studies, trying to understand, first, various people he knew in the Nixon White House, and then some leading figures of the Republican Party of 2004.
This is very solid science.
John Dean, Republican adviser to Richard Nixon has written a deeply disturbing book about the conservative right’s growing move toward authoritarianism and blind loyalty. Its an old concept. It still works, and always will.
This interview with Keith Olbermann gives us a frightening new perspective on the use of fear to gain and keep power.
The book is called Conservatives Without Conscience. Many so easily dismiss anyone who criticizes their tribe.ï¿½ Thats why this is so important. It is written BY a conservative.
Search One Utah
- Your Big Government is Bad, Our micromanaging Government is for your Own Good (2)
- Climate Denial is Funny! (61)
- Richard Warnick: Larry Bell explains the whole global warming hoax/conspiracy as an attempt to protect a “multi-billion-dollar...
- Shane Smith: That is a fantastic post! There is so much bullshit in that “article” that it deserves it’s own top...
- climate mist..: http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/20 14/02/24/lets-be-very-clear-mr-kerry-...
- Right Wing Propaganda Destroys Your Moral Compass (3)
- clear!: Cretinous viper. http://rinf.com/alt-news/human-rights/ci as-global-torture-operations-disclosu...
- clear!: Progressive propaganda destroys your moral compass. Ex: the obama 20% still support his cowardly penchant for drone driven...
- Shane: The most horrifying part is that the argument the viewers are having is between two wrongs. They don’t even have a...
- Don’t Go Back To Iraq! (13)
- Iraq Update – Depends On Who You Believe (3)
- clear!: And it ‘ain’t gonna be the USA. We can’t even control the mayhem in our backyard..
- Richard Warnick: Credit for the sci-fi reference. “He who controls the Spice controls the Universe!” –Baron...
- clear!: Whoever you believe our trillion is gone, the boys are dead, and Iraq will never be the same. The chumps we handed our mess...
- Kerry Caught On Hot Mic Mocking Precision Of Israeli Strikes As Gaza Operation Intensifies (16)
- These Children Are Refugees (34)
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video