Posts Tagged altemeyer
I post this as an ongoing resource on this very important subject. Dedicated to Frank Staheli. May he break the chains.
Altemeyer: The Authoritarians: Harvard Press, 2007
If it turns out you do not like this book, blame John Dean. You never would have heard of my research if he had not recently plowed through my studies, trying to understand, first, various people he knew in the Nixon White House, and then some leading figures of the Republican Party of 2004.
This is very solid science.
John Dean, Republican adviser to Richard Nixon has written a deeply disturbing book about the conservative right’s growing move toward authoritarianism and blind loyalty. Its an old concept. It still works, and always will.
This interview with Keith Olbermann gives us a frightening new perspective on the use of fear to gain and keep power.
The book is called Conservatives Without Conscience. Many so easily dismiss anyone who criticizes their tribe.ï¿½ Thats why this is so important. It is written BY a conservative.
Search One Utah
- Congress on Track for Another Government Shutdown (11)
- Conservatives Anti-Abortion Obsession Will Cause More Abortions, More STDs and More Misery (5)
- Larry Bergan: What’s that condom word I keep hearing about, Ken? If you want more STD’s, abortions and cancer deaths...
- Ken Bingham: STDs is an epidemic and the left’s obsession with creating the impression than sex comes without consequences is...
- Larry Bergan: Pat Bagley nails it with a cartoon and commentary: Since publishing this cartoon I’ve been called a Nazi, Dr....
- Faux News: Paying people for the hours that they actually work ‘undercuts work ethic’ (51)
- Kentucky Man Uses Birdshot to Solve Drone Problem (5)
- Lindsey Graham: Attack on Iran Better Than Diplomacy (10)
- He’s the Front Runner (15)
- Richard Warnick: How Donald Trump Is Causing the 5 Stages of Republican Grief While Republicans may try to attack Trump on issue...
- ‘We have to give America something worth voting for’ (32)
- Richard Warnick: In true Clinton fashion, she seems to have done what most people would regard as the wrong thing — but...
- brewski: Time to jail people for contempt: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/judge-lambas ts-state-dept-for-slow-production-of-...
- brewski: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics -government/article29519419.html Something to vote against.
- John Ellis (‘Jeb’) Bush: Medicare Phase Out ‘A Winning Argument’ (22)
- Richard Warnick: Derp.
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video