Posts Tagged altemeyer
I post this as an ongoing resource on this very important subject. Dedicated to Frank Staheli. May he break the chains.
Altemeyer: The Authoritarians: Harvard Press, 2007
If it turns out you do not like this book, blame John Dean. You never would have heard of my research if he had not recently plowed through my studies, trying to understand, first, various people he knew in the Nixon White House, and then some leading figures of the Republican Party of 2004.
This is very solid science.
John Dean, Republican adviser to Richard Nixon has written a deeply disturbing book about the conservative right’s growing move toward authoritarianism and blind loyalty. Its an old concept. It still works, and always will.
This interview with Keith Olbermann gives us a frightening new perspective on the use of fear to gain and keep power.
The book is called Conservatives Without Conscience. Many so easily dismiss anyone who criticizes their tribe.ï¿½ Thats why this is so important. It is written BY a conservative.
Search One Utah
- Practical Joke Gone Mad? (3)
- Larry Bergan: Practical jokes don’t usually require your family to leave the country. Smart move.
- Larry Bergan: I wish we could charge every politician who is drumming up fear of kids all over our country 15 million. A class...
- Richard Warnick: The kid may have been humiliated, but also got a scholarship and lots of praise for what I agree could be described...
- First person accounts of the Paris Attacks (21)
- Richard Warnick: Josh Marshall: We’ve had three presidential elections since the 9/11 terror attacks and no presidential...
- Richard Warnick: I’m confused. The State of Israel was founded upon socialism, and the USSR was the first country to recognize...
- fuck israel: “So let us fight together with Israel, with our Zionist brothers against all anti-Zionists, against all cultural...
- Bears Ears National Monument (2)
- A persuasive argument on refugees (10)
- Gov. Herbert Not Buying ‘Jade Helm 15’ Conspiracy Theory (20)
- Richard Warnick: Obama Reveals His Favorite Anti-Obama Conspiracy Theory
- The Tea-GOP Needs A Clown Bus (126)
- Larry Bergan: Jeb! needs to open a comedy club where it doesn’t matter what act you have to follow, because everybody dies on...
- Larry Bergan: In itself, that would have been the worst “boiling frog” analogy possible, but then you bring in the crab....
- Larry Bergan: I don’t know why Jeb gets confused about what to say all the time. This one’s a no-brainer, but Jeb! has...
- Government Shutdown Watch (10)
- Trump: Your Wages Are Too High! (2)
- Richard Warnick: Still on top: Trump Leads National Poll Of GOP Primary Voters
- Practical Joke Gone Mad? (3)
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video