Posts Tagged altemeyer
I post this as an ongoing resource on this very important subject. Dedicated to Frank Staheli. May he break the chains.
Altemeyer: The Authoritarians: Harvard Press, 2007
If it turns out you do not like this book, blame John Dean. You never would have heard of my research if he had not recently plowed through my studies, trying to understand, first, various people he knew in the Nixon White House, and then some leading figures of the Republican Party of 2004.
This is very solid science.
John Dean, Republican adviser to Richard Nixon has written a deeply disturbing book about the conservative right’s growing move toward authoritarianism and blind loyalty. Its an old concept. It still works, and always will.
This interview with Keith Olbermann gives us a frightening new perspective on the use of fear to gain and keep power.
The book is called Conservatives Without Conscience. Many so easily dismiss anyone who criticizes their tribe.ï¿½ Thats why this is so important. It is written BY a conservative.
Search One Utah
- Labor Day (3)
- Richard Warnick: President Obama and VP Biden both gave speeches. Don’t expect anything to actually happen that will benefit...
- Larry Bergan: Oops, looks like brewski got spammed by Glenden. Glenden DID have a no brewski policy on his posts and I guess brewski...
- Larry Bergan: Yeah right brewski. China’s graphs showed all kinds of job growth during that exact period, but you can believe...
- Facts About The Low-Wage Economy (63)
- Richard Warnick: I’m back. Saw two beaver, some Great Blue Heron, and lots of fellow Americans plus visitors from other...
- brewski: I know that, but the question is why? If someone calls them selves one of them, then why would that word be spam? More...
- Nathan Erkkila: Looked for it, couldn’t find it. For future reference, the word “Socialism” probably puts it in...
- In case you forgot, (12)
- Opposition to Common Core Based on Misunderstanding of Common Core (3)
- brewski: Sort of like Democrats who supported NCLB and were for it until they were against it.
- NRA Peddles Guns For Kids – What Could Possibly Go Wrong? (64)
- Nathan Erkkila: I know I am abusing my admin powers, but I feel that I have to make the comment. WHY!? You gave a machine gun that...
- Richard Warnick: NRA: ‘Children Can Have Fun At The Shooting Range’
- Richard Warnick: After a year, I said I was going to stop updating this post. But this is so outrageous… Video shows moments...
- ‘We’re moving toward a winner-take-all economy’ (8)
- These Children Are Refugees (76)
- Labor Day (3)
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video