Posts Tagged facebook forced join
Facebook recently changed its group settings and added a very troubling and questionable feature. Before the changes groups were opt-in where a group administrator could invite friends into a group giving them a choice whether they wanted to join or not. Now, however, Facebook has changed it to opt-out. When new groups are created the administrator of the group can join any of their friends and they become members without their consent.
What is Facebook thinking? This has the potential to become the new way of spamming and mischief making. Infact one Facebook user who was in Mark Zuckerberg’s friends list was so outraged by this new feature he created a fake NAMBLA (North American Man-Boy Love Association) page and force joined Mark Zuckerberg and other Facebook people into the group. The group was shut down but the forced join feature remains so apparantly the message was not recieved by Facebook.
Facebook groups are now going to be very difficult to promote without the invite feature because I for one do not want to force anyone into a group and I do not want to be forced to join a group even if I can opt-out. Doing so is a good way to lose friends fast.
Facebook needs to change this quickly. It has lawsuit written all over it.
I have created a Facebook group “Facebook, I Do Not Want To Be Forced Joined into a Group“
facebook, facebook add people to a group, facebook forced join, facebook group opt-in, facebook group opt-out, facebook group settings, facebook groups, Facebook nambla, facebook privacy, force join, Mark Zuckerberg, nambla, Privacy, social network
Search One Utah
- Meet Gene Huber, Trump Supporter (12)
- Reince Priebus: Take Trump’s Claim That The Press Is The ‘Enemy Of The State’ Seriously (9)
- glenn hoefer: Well duh Richard, the Imbecile had full spectrum dominance upon election, and rogered the republicans when any thought...
- Richard Warnick: A better comparison is how much President Obama achieved in his first month in office compared to Trump. Well...
- glenn hoefer: Tuning in here is like going to this site, except that this site is actually real..It is sad to see how far the progs...
- Leonard Pitts to Trump: Just who the hell do you think you are? (4)
- Richard Warnick: Trump was campaigning in Orlando today, seemingly unaware that he won already and is responsible for his actions....
- Larry Bergan: Sorry Christians. It’s up to you to clean up your act. My mom is a Mormon Christian to the bone and...
- Larry Bergan: Hypocrisy has worked wonderfully for the Republican Christians, even over decades of being caught doing it. Pay...
- Flynn Needs A Special Prosecutor (8)
- Outdoor Retailers to Gov. Herbert: We’re Outta Here (1)
- Larry Bergan: Well that should be great for tourism.
- Does It Seem Like Jason Chaffetz Is Having A Hard Time Here? (33)
- Trump Approval = 36 Percent (28)
- Richard Warnick: Today Trump dumped a whole truckload of alt-facts on us. Among other things, he said his administration is...
- Trump Ready To Support ‘Entitlement Reform’ And You Know What THAT Means (6)
- Larry Bergan: Tonight must have been gun night on PBS. An excellent new treatment of the Ruby Ridge tragedy, which gives both sides...
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video