Posts Tagged facebook groups
Facebook recently changed its group settings and added a very troubling and questionable feature. Before the changes groups were opt-in where a group administrator could invite friends into a group giving them a choice whether they wanted to join or not. Now, however, Facebook has changed it to opt-out. When new groups are created the administrator of the group can join any of their friends and they become members without their consent.
What is Facebook thinking? This has the potential to become the new way of spamming and mischief making. Infact one Facebook user who was in Mark Zuckerberg’s friends list was so outraged by this new feature he created a fake NAMBLA (North American Man-Boy Love Association) page and force joined Mark Zuckerberg and other Facebook people into the group. The group was shut down but the forced join feature remains so apparantly the message was not recieved by Facebook.
Facebook groups are now going to be very difficult to promote without the invite feature because I for one do not want to force anyone into a group and I do not want to be forced to join a group even if I can opt-out. Doing so is a good way to lose friends fast.
Facebook needs to change this quickly. It has lawsuit written all over it.
I have created a Facebook group “Facebook, I Do Not Want To Be Forced Joined into a Group“
facebook, facebook add people to a group, facebook forced join, facebook group opt-in, facebook group opt-out, facebook group settings, facebook groups, Facebook nambla, facebook privacy, force join, Mark Zuckerberg, nambla, Privacy, social network
Search One Utah
- Could the polls be wrong? (1)
- Larry Bergan (mobile): Personally, I think a former CIA agent is going to be selected by the congress. Bush’s win again!
- Our ‘Justice’ System at Work (1)
- Larry Bergan (mobile): Would I be wrong in assuming that native Americans can now hang around the Bundy ranch with assault weapons...
- Privatizing Comb Ridge: When ‘Public’ Land Isn’t Really Public (6)
- Dear Republicans: Trump is not the Problem (1)
- Larry Bergan: That’s a good quote from Obama. I’ll always remember Trump for taking the dog whistles out of racism, to...
- “The Donald” Doth Protest Too Much (17)
- Smokin' Dead Libya: Hey, check this out…another in the list of Stupid Liars for Clinton. http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi...
- Smokin' Dead Libya: Larry democrat party voter fraud has been well known since they stuffed the ballot boxes in the days of Civil...
- Smokin' Dead Libya: Hahah..Larry Bergen has done what people thought impossible.. He has polished a turd..You are a delusional man...
- Who is Peter G. Peterson? (10)
- Larry Bergan: I heard a discussion where they were saying that in the vice presidential, and last presidential debate, there were...
- Richard Warnick: Bernie represented change until he did the politician thing by endorsing Hillary. Now he no longer represents...
- Larry Bergan (mobile): I’m not so mesmerized by Nate Silver. Somebody from his site was on NPR dogging Sanders when he started...
- What Keeps People Down? (4)
- Larry Bergan: Ken: Have you been taking self help classes? Are you really Tony Robbins?
- Ken Bingham: This is not about bootstraps. bootsraps says you are on your own and no one else can help you. No this is about helping...
- Ken Bingham: Why change things when there is so much power and fortune to be made perpetuating the status quo?
- Letter to My Hypothalamus (1)
- Larry Bergan: That was really thankless and cruel, Ken. I think that’s your republican side coming out. You should probably...
- Yes, we were in the abuser’s house (22)
- Could the polls be wrong? (1)
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video