Posts Tagged force join
Facebook recently changed its group settings and added a very troubling and questionable feature. Before the changes groups were opt-in where a group administrator could invite friends into a group giving them a choice whether they wanted to join or not. Now, however, Facebook has changed it to opt-out. When new groups are created the administrator of the group can join any of their friends and they become members without their consent.
What is Facebook thinking? This has the potential to become the new way of spamming and mischief making. Infact one Facebook user who was in Mark Zuckerberg’s friends list was so outraged by this new feature he created a fake NAMBLA (North American Man-Boy Love Association) page and force joined Mark Zuckerberg and other Facebook people into the group. The group was shut down but the forced join feature remains so apparantly the message was not recieved by Facebook.
Facebook groups are now going to be very difficult to promote without the invite feature because I for one do not want to force anyone into a group and I do not want to be forced to join a group even if I can opt-out. Doing so is a good way to lose friends fast.
Facebook needs to change this quickly. It has lawsuit written all over it.
I have created a Facebook group “Facebook, I Do Not Want To Be Forced Joined into a Group“
facebook, facebook add people to a group, facebook forced join, facebook group opt-in, facebook group opt-out, facebook group settings, facebook groups, Facebook nambla, facebook privacy, force join, Mark Zuckerberg, nambla, Privacy, social network
Search One Utah
- Here’s Why You Can Fear Trump (18)
- Larry Bergan: If any humor can be had from this election season, I’d have to say it’s this twitter war Trump had with...
- Richard Warnick: Trump campaign suggests appointing oil executive to protect national parks and public lands Sources close to Donald...
- Mostly farce: Landslide Trump victory coming.
- Allan Lichtenstein: ‘The rich get richer, the rest get poorer’ (1)
- Larry Bergan: I believe money should be earned. This country needs a maximum wage.
- Hillary Emerges From Hiding, Says Nothing (15)
- Jill Stein: Pardon Edward Snowden, Now (8)
- Mostly farce: Might as well post WAPO commits suicide…the inevitable Trump victory is revealing some seriously scummy Democrat...
- Richard Warnick: WashPost Makes History: First Paper to Call for Prosecution of Its Own Source (After Accepting Pulitzer) Three of...
- Richard Warnick: The Intercept: Why Obama Should Pardon All Leakers and Whistleblowers — Not Just Edward Snowden [T]he unfortunate...
- Mike Weinholtz Takes On Governor Herbert In First Debate (4)
- Larry Bergan: I just found out that the only scheduled debate between Weinholtz and Herbert will be held on the 26th; the same night...
- Larry Bergan: We need transparent government in Utah. As Mr. Weinholtz said in the debate, everything is done behind closed doors...
- Larry Bergan: I think Herbert showed up at the very last minute because he was afraid people were going to start calling him,...
- Can Rep. Bishop Run Out the Clock on Bears Ears National Monument? (3)
- The Festive Walk Among Us! (11)
- Here’s Why You Can Fear Trump (18)
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video