Posts Tagged KVNU
Posted by Cliff Lyon in American History, American People, Bush Administration, Conservative Sell-Outs, GLBT issues, Glenn Beck, Homophobia, Mental Illness, Political Corruption, Religion, Religious Fundamentalism, Republicans, Richard Okleberry, The Constitution, Tribalism & Blind Obedience to Authority on April 17, 2009
Agreed. We should probably close this thread…after I get a last word.
Okelberries quoted me accurately.
I’m interested in decapitating people who think their religious opinions belong in government.
The operative (dependent) clause here is “who think their religious opinions belong in government.”
I do not speak of religious people, but rather ‘people who…’ I am of course referring to the once powerful moral majority who swept Bush into office and proceeded to invent a new interpretation of the 1st Amendment.
I refer to Republican politicians most of whom were not religious at all but who began associating themselves with God and the religious right when it became expedient.
I refer to the brave people who hold up signs like “God Hates Fags” at political rallies and the spineless ones who sympathize with them. And and of course I refer to the gentle Christian flocks across America who only came to hear of the Separation Clause for the first time a few long years ago when ‘Freedom of Religion…’ was twisted into “…but not freedom from…”
I refer to the people who ignoring 300 years of American History, suddenly began chanting ‘Christian Nation.’
I refer to the uninformed and well-informed who out of personal insecurity, religious confusion and political expedience, blurred the lines in this great democracy between religion and government.
I refer to those shrill and hysterical voices who would when asked to SHUT UP, thrust their morality-powered, religion shields before all the world and cry victim, quote Hitler and claim discrimination and bigotry until they turn purple.
This is not about religion at all. This is about posers and monsters who have sacrificed whatever grace religion had in this country and pimped it for political power.
OFF With Their Heads!
This follows Okelberries final response archived below the fold. Read the rest of this entry »
Search One Utah
- The Jimmy Dore Show: Forget The Lesser Evil (5)
- Larry Bergan: If you watch the little press conference I posted right after the televised debate, you’ll notice that Weinholtz...
- Larry Bergan: Dammit, you don’t know that Richard. I say dammit in a nice way here, but a lot of Utahn’s don’t...
- Richard Warnick: Yeah, but Hillary is guaranteed to get 0 electoral votes out of Utah. Why not vote for Jill Stein and help the...
- Here’s Why You Can Fear Trump (26)
- Larry Bergan: I don’t know about pollsters these days, but that’s interesting. America was not great again after 12...
- Richard Warnick: Tom Tomorrow: “The man is an extinction-level event for democracy, and it’s terrifying that this...
- Larry Bergan: Pretty stunning when Hillary brought up the fact that Trump had purposely and delightfully profited off the housing...
- Mike Weinholtz Takes On Governor Herbert In First Debate (6)
- Larry Bergan: I took down the update because I realized the lips didn’t mesh up with the sound. It was from ABC4’s...
- Larry Bergan: I have updated this post with yesterday’s televised debate between Weinholtz and Herbert. One thing I always...
- Larry Bergan: I just found out that the only scheduled debate between Weinholtz and Herbert will be held on the 26th; the same night...
- Hillary Emerges From Hiding, Says Nothing (17)
- Larry Bergan (mobile): After the debate,Trump said he pays federal income tax. This guy is a real item.
- Richard Warnick: In tonight’s debate, Hillary is already the winner by a lot. She provoked Trump successfully, called him out...
- Nathan Erkkila: You should have been worrying the moment Sanders lost.
- Allan Lichtenstein: ‘The rich get richer, the rest get poorer’ (1)
- Larry Bergan: I believe money should be earned. This country needs a maximum wage.
- Jill Stein: Pardon Edward Snowden, Now (8)
- Mostly farce: Might as well post WAPO commits suicide…the inevitable Trump victory is revealing some seriously scummy Democrat...
- Richard Warnick: WashPost Makes History: First Paper to Call for Prosecution of Its Own Source (After Accepting Pulitzer) Three of...
- Richard Warnick: The Intercept: Why Obama Should Pardon All Leakers and Whistleblowers — Not Just Edward Snowden [T]he unfortunate...
- Can Rep. Bishop Run Out the Clock on Bears Ears National Monument? (3)
- The Jimmy Dore Show: Forget The Lesser Evil (5)
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video