Posts Tagged nomination
Speech: Full Text
January 13, 2012, Salt Lake City, Utah
Ross C. “Rocky” Anderson Accepting Justice Party Nomination for Candidacy for President of the United States (website)
I am proud to accept the nomination of the Justice Party to run as its candidate for President of the United States.
This is not my campaign. This is a campaign of, for, and by the people. We join together in this endeavor for the sake of justice – social justice, environmental justice, and economic justice. We pledge to organize and act, tenaciously and over the long haul, for the sake of the public interest, to enhance and protect freedom for all, and to vindicate the sacred promise of justice for all.
Those who understand that our great nation and its people have been harmed severely, and are at tremendous risk for even greater damage in the future, can be powerful agents of positive change. We need not settle for governance by the Republican and Democratic parties, which thrive on the corrupt money machine, nor do we have to confine ourselves to voting for the lesser of two evils, if indeed there is a lesser evil among the common choices.
If we have the vision, the courage, and the will, we can, together, forge a very different way – a way that will lead to a future of fiscal responsibility and respectful regard for the economic burdens we leave for later generations; secure jobs and fair compensation; decency and rationality in our cruel, self-destructive criminal justice system that is largely based on an irrational rage to punish; an investment in our nation’s infrastructure, education, and innovation that is as substantial as our need to re-gain our global competitive edge; compassionate and rational immigration reform; respect for fundamental human and civil rights; victory over the stranglehold of the military-industrial-congressional complex; protection of our air, water, and wild lands; essential health care for all, as in every other nation in the industrialized world; protection against and condemnation of illegal wars of aggression, pursuant to the United Nations Charter and the Kellogg-Briand Pact; international leadership on the urgent challenge of climate change; and restoration of the rule of law, including full accountability for crimes, regardless of the wealth or status of the perpetrators.
Men, women, and children across the United States, and throughout the world, are suffering horrendously because of the corruption of our government, the timidity of much of the public, and criminality that is rewarded rather than rectified. Lives have been taken, lifetime injuries inflicted, life savings decimated, essential health care rendered more elusive for millions of people, jobs lost, and the damage inflicted by our nation’s debt increased exponentially — all because of crimes committed with impunity, public policy guided by bribery, and a crooked two-tiered economic and justice system that rewards a narrow class of rich and powerful people while devastating the rest.
The root of this disaster is systemic corruption fed by money from the few who have benefited. The public’s interest in catching up with the rest of the industrialized world and providing essential health care to every man, woman, and child has been undermined by the corrupting influence of money flowing from the medical and insurance industries. Read the rest of this entry »
Search One Utah
- Trump Continues Poll Nosedive (1)
- Larry Bergan: Trump still has our Glenn. That’s something.
- The Failure of Republican Health Care “Reform” Is a Sign of Bad Things to Come (2)
- The Most Popular Political Figure In the USA (4)
- Larry Bergan: Bernie Sanders always gets things right because he doesn’t have to wade through decades of personal lies, like...
- Larry Bergan: Idaho, huh Glenn? I’d have to vote for Pedro. 😀
- glenn hoefer: This guy has a better shot than bernie the jewish bolshevik from da Bronx..please..I already told what’s...
- Is the Tea-GOP Wealthcare Plan Designed to Fail? (15)
- Does It Seem As Though Our “Leadership” Is Trying To Destabilize Their Own Country? (19)
- glenn hoefer: The level of fear and and disaster in this world was created by o’blahblah/hildebeest blowing up Libya and...
- Richard Warnick: Trump and his cronies keep citing their supposed executive power to impose a Muslim Ban. But they seem not to...
- Larry Bergan: I wouldn’t worry Glenn. Your boy Trump is going to bring down the level of fear around the world.
- Meet Gene Huber, Trump Supporter (43)
- John B Talcott: We are just seeing the “tip of the iceberg” with regard to Trump’s nefarious Russian connections....
- Larry Bergan: How’s the economy going to improve? Are they going to call hamburger flipping, a manufacturing job for real this...
- glenn hoefer: You guys are amusing..the stink of the Russia fraud is rising, and there is NO evidence..Every hour that goes by, is...
- Reince Priebus: Take Trump’s Claim That The Press Is The ‘Enemy Of The State’ Seriously (12)
- Richard Warnick: Bottom line, the longer the Tea-GOP is setting the agenda, the worse for all of us. Trump is headed for a full...
- glenn hoefer: Sessions is staying..bad news for all the pedophiles in government. The HildeBeest too..probably the same thing, among...
- Richard Warnick: I’m back from an offline vacation. Elizabeth Warren wasted no time calling for Sessions to resign as a...
- Trump Continues Poll Nosedive (1)
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video