Posts Tagged okelberries
Posted by Cliff Lyon in American History, American People, Bush Administration, Conservative Sell-Outs, GLBT issues, Glenn Beck, Homophobia, Mental Illness, Political Corruption, Religion, Religious Fundamentalism, Republicans, Richard Okleberry, The Constitution, Tribalism & Blind Obedience to Authority on April 17, 2009
Agreed. We should probably close this thread…after I get a last word.
Okelberries quoted me accurately.
I’m interested in decapitating people who think their religious opinions belong in government.
The operative (dependent) clause here is “who think their religious opinions belong in government.”
I do not speak of religious people, but rather ‘people who…’ I am of course referring to the once powerful moral majority who swept Bush into office and proceeded to invent a new interpretation of the 1st Amendment.
I refer to Republican politicians most of whom were not religious at all but who began associating themselves with God and the religious right when it became expedient.
I refer to the brave people who hold up signs like “God Hates Fags” at political rallies and the spineless ones who sympathize with them. And and of course I refer to the gentle Christian flocks across America who only came to hear of the Separation Clause for the first time a few long years ago when ‘Freedom of Religion…’ was twisted into “…but not freedom from…”
I refer to the people who ignoring 300 years of American History, suddenly began chanting ‘Christian Nation.’
I refer to the uninformed and well-informed who out of personal insecurity, religious confusion and political expedience, blurred the lines in this great democracy between religion and government.
I refer to those shrill and hysterical voices who would when asked to SHUT UP, thrust their morality-powered, religion shields before all the world and cry victim, quote Hitler and claim discrimination and bigotry until they turn purple.
This is not about religion at all. This is about posers and monsters who have sacrificed whatever grace religion had in this country and pimped it for political power.
OFF With Their Heads!
This follows Okelberries final response archived below the fold. Read the rest of this entry »
Search One Utah
- Who is Peter G. Peterson? (2)
- “The Donald” Doth Protest Too Much (13)
- Richard Warnick: I assumed everyone knew who Peter G. Peterson is. He’s running all these scary deficit TV ads promoting...
- Larry Bergan: I’ve never heard that name before. Wikipedia doesn’t have much on him, but it’s not negative. What...
- Richard Warnick: In last night’s debate Hillary pledged to not add one penny to the National Debt. We might as well have Peter...
- What Keeps People Down? (4)
- Larry Bergan: Ken: Have you been taking self help classes? Are you really Tony Robbins?
- Ken Bingham: This is not about bootstraps. bootsraps says you are on your own and no one else can help you. No this is about helping...
- Ken Bingham: Why change things when there is so much power and fortune to be made perpetuating the status quo?
- Letter to My Hypothalamus (1)
- Larry Bergan: That was really thankless and cruel, Ken. I think that’s your republican side coming out. You should probably...
- Yes, we were in the abuser’s house (22)
- Smokin' Dead Libya: Seems like the good people of Utah are getting it.. http://www.breitbart.com/2016-preside...
- Smokin' Dead Libya: The Russian prospect is armed with a dead man’s switch, which is something to consider in a HildeBeest...
- Richard Warnick: The Intercept has a story about Hillary’s plans for a corporate tax holiday for multinationals. Almost no...
- Hillary’s Wall Street Speeches: Politicians ‘need both a public and a private position’ (5)
- Richard Warnick: The Intercept: Hillary Clinton should release the full transcripts of her speeches, to clear everything up
- Larry Bergan: I was just starting to realize they had passed over the climate again just before that question. I see Trump as the...
- Richard Warnick: James Carville on MSNBC: “The fact-checkers are going to be busier than a one-armed paper hanger.” Of...
- Mike Weinholtz Versus Governor Herbert In Televised Debate (15)
- The Jimmy Dore Show: Forget The Lesser Evil (11)
- Larry Bergan: Very Funny!
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video