Posts Tagged restore
Speech: Full Text
January 13, 2012, Salt Lake City, Utah
Ross C. “Rocky” Anderson Accepting Justice Party Nomination for Candidacy for President of the United States (website)
I am proud to accept the nomination of the Justice Party to run as its candidate for President of the United States.
This is not my campaign. This is a campaign of, for, and by the people. We join together in this endeavor for the sake of justice – social justice, environmental justice, and economic justice. We pledge to organize and act, tenaciously and over the long haul, for the sake of the public interest, to enhance and protect freedom for all, and to vindicate the sacred promise of justice for all.
Those who understand that our great nation and its people have been harmed severely, and are at tremendous risk for even greater damage in the future, can be powerful agents of positive change. We need not settle for governance by the Republican and Democratic parties, which thrive on the corrupt money machine, nor do we have to confine ourselves to voting for the lesser of two evils, if indeed there is a lesser evil among the common choices.
If we have the vision, the courage, and the will, we can, together, forge a very different way – a way that will lead to a future of fiscal responsibility and respectful regard for the economic burdens we leave for later generations; secure jobs and fair compensation; decency and rationality in our cruel, self-destructive criminal justice system that is largely based on an irrational rage to punish; an investment in our nation’s infrastructure, education, and innovation that is as substantial as our need to re-gain our global competitive edge; compassionate and rational immigration reform; respect for fundamental human and civil rights; victory over the stranglehold of the military-industrial-congressional complex; protection of our air, water, and wild lands; essential health care for all, as in every other nation in the industrialized world; protection against and condemnation of illegal wars of aggression, pursuant to the United Nations Charter and the Kellogg-Briand Pact; international leadership on the urgent challenge of climate change; and restoration of the rule of law, including full accountability for crimes, regardless of the wealth or status of the perpetrators.
Men, women, and children across the United States, and throughout the world, are suffering horrendously because of the corruption of our government, the timidity of much of the public, and criminality that is rewarded rather than rectified. Lives have been taken, lifetime injuries inflicted, life savings decimated, essential health care rendered more elusive for millions of people, jobs lost, and the damage inflicted by our nation’s debt increased exponentially — all because of crimes committed with impunity, public policy guided by bribery, and a crooked two-tiered economic and justice system that rewards a narrow class of rich and powerful people while devastating the rest.
The root of this disaster is systemic corruption fed by money from the few who have benefited. The public’s interest in catching up with the rest of the industrialized world and providing essential health care to every man, woman, and child has been undermined by the corrupting influence of money flowing from the medical and insurance industries. Read the rest of this entry »
Search One Utah
- The Right Created Trump – they own him and everything he does (12)
- President Obama Proclaims Bears Ears National Monument (7)
- Larry Bergan: Rob Bishop is a worthless piece of trash.
- Richard Warnick: Rob Bishop’s revenge. Congress moves to give away national lands, discounting billions in revenue In a single...
- Richard Warnick: The Antiquities Act has survived many legal challenges. For example, President Theodore Roosevelt used the Act to...
- Manning Goes Free In May! (11)
- Is This Really Happening? (8)
- glenn hoefer: There has been absolutely nothing to stand for until now. Anyone with any passion has been careful to keep their...
- Larry Bergan: Glenn: Damn proud of you! Seriously, I’ve never seen you praise any politician until now. I didn’t know...
- glenn hoefer: Yeah, hildebeest, destroyer of nations, picking an unjustified fight with Russia, and losing badly BTW, 8 years of a...
- Evil Russkie Conspiracy Theory Report: High Confidence But No New Evidence (29)
- glenn hoefer: Under this President I suspect that anyone blowing shit up will be dealt with harshly. I suspect thought there will be...
- Larry Bergan: Putin has come out blaming the democrats for the dossier, when it was actually commissioned by Republican candidates...
- Richard Warnick: I have to agree the neocon Cold War re-start project is a very bad idea. Hillary and Obama were wrong to support...
- Apartheid Calculus or Utter Amorality? North Carolina Republicans Post Election Power Grab (33)
- glenn hoefer: The upper echelons of leadership around the world are rife with pedophiles..We will never be seeing the...
- Larry Bergan: Not really sure I needed to know about that Glenn. Looks like Britain television is sort of obsessed with this stuff.
- Richard Warnick: Glenn, you were fake news years before they coined the term fake news.
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video