Posts Tagged restore
Speech: Full Text
January 13, 2012, Salt Lake City, Utah
Ross C. “Rocky” Anderson Accepting Justice Party Nomination for Candidacy for President of the United States (website)
I am proud to accept the nomination of the Justice Party to run as its candidate for President of the United States.
This is not my campaign. This is a campaign of, for, and by the people. We join together in this endeavor for the sake of justice – social justice, environmental justice, and economic justice. We pledge to organize and act, tenaciously and over the long haul, for the sake of the public interest, to enhance and protect freedom for all, and to vindicate the sacred promise of justice for all.
Those who understand that our great nation and its people have been harmed severely, and are at tremendous risk for even greater damage in the future, can be powerful agents of positive change. We need not settle for governance by the Republican and Democratic parties, which thrive on the corrupt money machine, nor do we have to confine ourselves to voting for the lesser of two evils, if indeed there is a lesser evil among the common choices.
If we have the vision, the courage, and the will, we can, together, forge a very different way – a way that will lead to a future of fiscal responsibility and respectful regard for the economic burdens we leave for later generations; secure jobs and fair compensation; decency and rationality in our cruel, self-destructive criminal justice system that is largely based on an irrational rage to punish; an investment in our nation’s infrastructure, education, and innovation that is as substantial as our need to re-gain our global competitive edge; compassionate and rational immigration reform; respect for fundamental human and civil rights; victory over the stranglehold of the military-industrial-congressional complex; protection of our air, water, and wild lands; essential health care for all, as in every other nation in the industrialized world; protection against and condemnation of illegal wars of aggression, pursuant to the United Nations Charter and the Kellogg-Briand Pact; international leadership on the urgent challenge of climate change; and restoration of the rule of law, including full accountability for crimes, regardless of the wealth or status of the perpetrators.
Men, women, and children across the United States, and throughout the world, are suffering horrendously because of the corruption of our government, the timidity of much of the public, and criminality that is rewarded rather than rectified. Lives have been taken, lifetime injuries inflicted, life savings decimated, essential health care rendered more elusive for millions of people, jobs lost, and the damage inflicted by our nation’s debt increased exponentially — all because of crimes committed with impunity, public policy guided by bribery, and a crooked two-tiered economic and justice system that rewards a narrow class of rich and powerful people while devastating the rest.
The root of this disaster is systemic corruption fed by money from the few who have benefited. The public’s interest in catching up with the rest of the industrialized world and providing essential health care to every man, woman, and child has been undermined by the corrupting influence of money flowing from the medical and insurance industries. Read the rest of this entry »
Search One Utah
- Hillary Emerges From Hiding, Says Nothing (17)
- Larry Bergan (mobile): After the debate,Trump said he pays federal income tax. This guy is a real item.
- Richard Warnick: In tonight’s debate, Hillary is already the winner by a lot. She provoked Trump successfully, called him out...
- Nathan Erkkila: You should have been worrying the moment Sanders lost.
- Here’s Why You Can Fear Trump (24)
- Larry Bergan: Pretty stunning when Hillary brought up the fact that Trump had purposely and delightfully profited off the housing...
- Larry Bergan: Trump, literally, can’t shut his mouth. The man cannot behave. At least he didn’t lie when the fact came...
- Richard Warnick: So far in tonight’s debate, Hillary has successfully provoked Trump several times (including an accusation...
- Mike Weinholtz Takes On Governor Herbert In First Debate (5)
- Larry Bergan: I have updated this post with yesterday’s televised debate between Weinholtz and Herbert. One thing I always...
- Larry Bergan: I just found out that the only scheduled debate between Weinholtz and Herbert will be held on the 26th; the same night...
- Larry Bergan: We need transparent government in Utah. As Mr. Weinholtz said in the debate, everything is done behind closed doors...
- Allan Lichtenstein: ‘The rich get richer, the rest get poorer’ (1)
- Larry Bergan: I believe money should be earned. This country needs a maximum wage.
- Jill Stein: Pardon Edward Snowden, Now (8)
- Mostly farce: Might as well post WAPO commits suicide…the inevitable Trump victory is revealing some seriously scummy Democrat...
- Richard Warnick: WashPost Makes History: First Paper to Call for Prosecution of Its Own Source (After Accepting Pulitzer) Three of...
- Richard Warnick: The Intercept: Why Obama Should Pardon All Leakers and Whistleblowers — Not Just Edward Snowden [T]he unfortunate...
- Can Rep. Bishop Run Out the Clock on Bears Ears National Monument? (3)
- The Festive Walk Among Us! (11)
- Hillary Emerges From Hiding, Says Nothing (17)
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video