Posts Tagged social network
Facebook recently changed its group settings and added a very troubling and questionable feature. Before the changes groups were opt-in where a group administrator could invite friends into a group giving them a choice whether they wanted to join or not. Now, however, Facebook has changed it to opt-out. When new groups are created the administrator of the group can join any of their friends and they become members without their consent.
What is Facebook thinking? This has the potential to become the new way of spamming and mischief making. Infact one Facebook user who was in Mark Zuckerberg’s friends list was so outraged by this new feature he created a fake NAMBLA (North American Man-Boy Love Association) page and force joined Mark Zuckerberg and other Facebook people into the group. The group was shut down but the forced join feature remains so apparantly the message was not recieved by Facebook.
Facebook groups are now going to be very difficult to promote without the invite feature because I for one do not want to force anyone into a group and I do not want to be forced to join a group even if I can opt-out. Doing so is a good way to lose friends fast.
Facebook needs to change this quickly. It has lawsuit written all over it.
I have created a Facebook group “Facebook, I Do Not Want To Be Forced Joined into a Group“
facebook, facebook add people to a group, facebook forced join, facebook group opt-in, facebook group opt-out, facebook group settings, facebook groups, Facebook nambla, facebook privacy, force join, Mark Zuckerberg, nambla, Privacy, social network
Search One Utah
- Trump Continues Poll Nosedive (2)
- The Failure of Republican Health Care “Reform” Is a Sign of Bad Things to Come (2)
- The Most Popular Political Figure In the USA (4)
- Larry Bergan: Bernie Sanders always gets things right because he doesn’t have to wade through decades of personal lies, like...
- Larry Bergan: Idaho, huh Glenn? I’d have to vote for Pedro. 😀
- glenn hoefer: This guy has a better shot than bernie the jewish bolshevik from da Bronx..please..I already told what’s...
- Is the Tea-GOP Wealthcare Plan Designed to Fail? (15)
- Does It Seem As Though Our “Leadership” Is Trying To Destabilize Their Own Country? (19)
- glenn hoefer: The level of fear and and disaster in this world was created by o’blahblah/hildebeest blowing up Libya and...
- Richard Warnick: Trump and his cronies keep citing their supposed executive power to impose a Muslim Ban. But they seem not to...
- Larry Bergan: I wouldn’t worry Glenn. Your boy Trump is going to bring down the level of fear around the world.
- Meet Gene Huber, Trump Supporter (43)
- John B Talcott: We are just seeing the “tip of the iceberg” with regard to Trump’s nefarious Russian connections....
- Larry Bergan: How’s the economy going to improve? Are they going to call hamburger flipping, a manufacturing job for real this...
- glenn hoefer: You guys are amusing..the stink of the Russia fraud is rising, and there is NO evidence..Every hour that goes by, is...
- Reince Priebus: Take Trump’s Claim That The Press Is The ‘Enemy Of The State’ Seriously (12)
Tags2nd Amendment 2008 Election Alan Korwin ammo Assault Weapons Ban bailout Barack Obama BLM Bush california proposition 8 carl wimmer DeChristopher Economy education fox news gay marriage George W. Bush glenn beck Gun Control gun lobby guns hand guns Iraq John McCain Karl Rove kleck lies Mass Shootings Mormon church nra Obama Pro-Gun prop 8 Racism racist Republicans Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting second amendment self-defense Tea Party Tim DeChristopher utah Video